Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Totally cool with stockpiling the defense, but man, would like to see Oline addressed. Especially with the Eagles DLine we're going to have to face this season.

Ken

Reaction score
Thankfully, the Eagles swung and missed today (and yesterday imo).

Giants absolutely kicked our butt. Giants addressed their biggest weakness, weapons on offense. We are taking TEs for blocking.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ehhh he has a 3-4 round grades from most places.
Hey Sydla don't you know EVERY pick we make is automatically the worst possible pick no matter who he is? :laugh:
Aside from that, I like the emphasis we're placing on defense for a change. Maybe MM got tired of not being able to stop the run. Games are won or lost in the trenches. And I like this LB from Texas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m fine with overshown.

Just have no idea what the plan is for LG.
I wrote in another thread that I don't think the Cowboys are as concerned about it as fans are. I think the main reason is they believe they have five starting-caliber players in Tyler, Tyron, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Edoga was added as cheap insurance as a guard.

I would have preferred getting a guard here instead of a linebacker, but I can't say Dallas didn't feel it needed a linebacker more than a guard. It did lose Gifford without replacing him, just like it lost Schultz without replacing him and Watkins without replacing him. Hmmm ... seems to be a pattern.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How so? Mazi Smith and Overshown are excellent picks. I'd say this is probably about average. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Our defence is complete. So, there's that.
He won't see the field other than ST .

You can get those guys in round 6.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm sure glad I don't watch college football. If I did, I might think this draft class sucks like several around here. Being blissfully ignorant about these youngins means I can look forward to seeing what they can do this year.

kevm3

Reaction score
Oh for the love of god, most of you are going to complain regardless of who they pick! your only here to whine and complain and not seeing that this team is drafting size or speed. Dan Quin only wants size/or speed.

Please, if your going to complain about everything, turn off your computer and go do something else.
Yea lets never be critical of a franchise that can't get out of the 2nd round for almost 3 decades.

The Eagles just got Jalen Carter yet we do ZERO to address a huge hole in the O line. We're supposed to be a more run centric team and yet we haven't drafted an RB yet and are relying on Pollard coming from injury to carry the load. What kind of identity are they trying to build with this team? How are you a run team with a huge question mark on the o line and at the runningback position?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Its pretty clear they believe Steele will be back sooner than projected and Tyron is gonna be healthy.

Because they apparently have no desire to address LG.
Tyron smith will never stay healthy. It's time for them to give up on him. I'm not saying cut him, but you need to treat it like he will miss half the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.