Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I wrote in another thread that I don't think the Cowboys are as concerned about it as fans are. I think the main reason is they believe they have five starting-caliber players in Tyler, Tyron, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Edoga was added as cheap insurance as a guard.

I would have preferred getting a guard here instead of a linebacker, but I can't say Dallas didn't feel it needed a linebacker more than a guard. It did lose Gifford without replacing him, just like it lost Schultz without replacing him and Watkins without replacing him. Hmmm ... seems to be a pattern.

Anyone counting on Tyron is a fool, and Edoga is a jag. A guy they picked up off the street that no one else wanted.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well they made my broken record comment easier to track over time now:

TE Schoonmaker and LB overshown

vs

LB Drew Sanders and TE Darnell Washington
Washington is a total project and may have a knee issue. Yeah, not a fan.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Thankfully, the Eagles swung and missed today (and yesterday imo).

Giants absolutely kicked our butt. Giants addressed their biggest weakness, weapons on offense. We are taking TEs for blocking.
Giants don't have QB, they can draft all the best players but they are locked into a QB that is a backup at best.

manster4ever

Reaction score
PLENTY of good RB’s left. It was smart to wait in this draft class
All we've heard about is how deep the class of RB's is...really hoping for one tomorrow obviously. LG too....man, I woulda drafted a Guard instead of Schoonmaker, the TE

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Oh for the love of god, most of you are going to complain regardless of who they pick! your only here to whine and complain and not seeing that this team is drafting size or speed. Dan Quin only wants size/or speed.

Please, if your going to complain about everything, turn off your computer and go do something else.
It's hard to defend this draft so far. I'm guessing when it's all done, Dallas will have a bottom five draft grade.

All that is pure speculation at this point though. But it's never good to continuously reach for guys that would be available later.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Anyone counting on Tyron is a fool, and Edoga is a jag. A guy they picked up off the street that no one else wanted.
They do this crap every year. And then injuries happen and they have nothing to fix it. Rinse and repeat.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He won't see the field other than ST .

You can get those guys in round 6.

But with his skillset? Plus, I imagine he will get more than that. With what I've seen, he's got ball attacking skills, and I think he's the type of player that will force his way on defence. He's quick, and he's a hard hitting LB.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
From what I've seen, I'm with you. He's looks like a beast. This pick and Mazi Smith are our two best picks this draft so far imo. Great picks.
I’m happy with the first and third round picks. Would have preferred a OG in the second. Hopefully the TE can help in the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.