Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wrote in another thread that I don't think the Cowboys are as concerned about it as fans are. I think the main reason is they believe they have five starting-caliber players in Tyler, Tyron, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Edoga was added as cheap insurance as a guard.

I would have preferred getting a guard here instead of a linebacker, but I can't say Dallas didn't feel it needed a linebacker more than a guard. It did lose Gifford without replacing him, just like it lost Schultz without replacing him and Watkins without replacing him. Hmmm ... seems to be a pattern.
The front office and coaches are high if they honestly plan to rely on Tyron staying healthy all season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wrote in another thread that I don't think the Cowboys are as concerned about it as fans are. I think the main reason is they believe they have five starting-caliber players in Tyler, Tyron, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. Edoga was added as cheap insurance as a guard.

I would have preferred getting a guard here instead of a linebacker, but I can't say Dallas didn't feel it needed a linebacker more than a guard. It did lose Gifford without replacing him, just like it lost Schultz without replacing him and Watkins without replacing him. Hmmm ... seems to be a pattern.

I have a hunch G gets addressed tomorrow. There's still some good ones on the board.

Ken

Reaction score
Worst part is i think the Cowboys are going to take the Bijan's backup who brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
This team takes flashy, y’all complain about not drafting football players.

This team drafts football players that fit the mold of the staff, y’all want flashy.

This has been a great draft with physicality in mind. I’ll take it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Thankfully, the Eagles swung and missed today (and yesterday imo).

Giants absolutely kicked our butt. Giants addressed their biggest weakness, weapons on offense. We are taking TEs for blocking.

LOL no, unfortunately Eagles didn't swing and miss. That's wishful thinking. They got the guy some have called the best DT prospect in a decade, an elite pass rushing prospect, and a solid OL.

You're daydreaming if you think we didn't lose ground to them.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Jones family reunion in the draft room. Serious teams treat the draft as a business, Jerry brings his grandsons in for fun time.

And of course they waste another pick, taking a jag LB.

No RBs, nothing to fill the giant hole on the OL, no juice for the passing game.
Juice for the passing game? We are fine at WR. Only RB would be a need, and you can still find a solid RB in the later rounds. OL is the only offensive “need” we really have left, so hopefully they at least get a G next pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.