Twitter: NFL extends Directv deal through 2021

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is referring to the fact that Dallas generally has more nationally televised games than any other team in the league.

Combine our nationally televised games, with regional games that fall in your lap, it's not hard to supplement a few games online or at a bar or friends house.

No need to shell out money for Sunday Ticket.

It's much easier for us as Cowboys fans pretty much where ever we live compared to a Jaguars fan that lives in Montana.
I'm as greedy as the NFL.

I want every Cowboys game.

I want to watch every Cowboys game without distractions.

And I want to watch every Cowboys game without distractions without paying a teeny-tiny tip for service like Warren Sapp does at sports bars.

Hold on. Scratch that last sentence please.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm a girl. I'm not going to a bar to watch a game. I have zero friends here who like the Cowboys.

I'm thankful the games are available on satellite. DIRECT actually has given me a free year for being a good customer. Good for others who can go wherever & watch.

Apologies, I didn't realize girls weren't allowed to go to bars to watch games.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It was said if you're a Cowboys fan, the ticket isn't worth it.

I'm a Cowboys fan. The ticket is worth it.

You knew what they meant. The meant that if all you wanted was to watch Cowboys games, sunday ticket isn't worth it.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I'm a girl. I'm not going to a bar to watch a game. I have zero friends here who like the Cowboys.

I'm thankful the games are available on satellite. DIRECT actually has given me a free year for being a good customer. Good for others who can go wherever & watch.

Dallas isn't on fox for you most of the time? Dallas is ALWAYS on fox for me, and I don't live in texas. I use a streaming website for free on my laptop when we play a team not worthy of being nationally televised.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
It was said if you're a Cowboys fan, the ticket isn't worth it.

I'm a Cowboys fan. The ticket is worth it.

I stand by the fact that it isn't worth it. Why spend an extra 300$ and be tied to directv when the majority of our games are nationally televised.

You end up having to deal with ~ 4 games that aren't on your TV.

Let's fix that problem. firstrowsports and other streaming websites have HD streaming for free. I use them for these 4 games per season. I then hook up a 5$ cord from my laptop to my television, thereby getting the game for free.

300$ saved. So no, it isn't worth it in my opinion. If you want to watch every game, NFL redzone is perfect. I am sure you know about that is though lol.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Dallas isn't on fox for you most of the time? Dallas is ALWAYS on fox for me, and I don't live in texas. I use a streaming website for free on my laptop when we play a team not worthy of being nationally televised.

Nope. We have a pro team here that trumps any other game.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'm in New York and have fios. Thank god my dad has directv so I go to him every Sunday when we aren't on national TV.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get dressed.
Make sure family or friends are attended to.
Get in your car or a cab. Have a designated driver if you do the former and choose to drink.
Deal with traffic.
Rub elbows with other customers.
Angle for the best viewing and listening spot.
Find a decent bar seat or table.
Order a drink or grub (don't short the tip!)
Duck your head back and forth around passers-by.
Act like you enjoy speaking to other customers yelling, "Cowboys suck!"
Hope other customers don't have upset stomachs if you need to make that restroom run.
Smile all the way home after a win or frown for miles after a loss.
Blah blah blah.

OR

Grab the remote and switch channels to the 700's on Directv.

I'm conflicted. :(

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Pretty much every other sport.

baseball has 162 games in the season, and a majority of them are either not televised at all, or during the day when most fans work.

so baseball is far less fan friendly.

The reality is that the nature of the NFL having only 16 games, every game played by every team should be nationally televised. It would not be difficult to do. Instead the NFL likes to have garbage contracts with DirecTV, Fox, and CBS.

no sport operates like that. none. you are making stuff up.