Twitter: NFL extends Directv deal through 2021

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Baseball has more games, and yet you can get access to all the games through mlb's website for less than sunday ticket.

The MLB plays games during the day and at night, because in reality no one wants to go to or watch every game, but many people do have flex schedules.

Baseball is far more friendly.

MLB.tv is $119.99 for the premium package. Thats 162 games. I watch a minimum of 150 and prob more than that realistically. I love it and it works out to about 75 cents a game.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Baseball has more games, and yet you can get access to all the games through mlb's website for less than sunday ticket.

The MLB plays games during the day and at night, because in reality no one wants to go to or watch every game, but many people do have flex schedules.

Baseball is far more friendly.

it is priced less because people value it less. a sport that has 162 games, many played during the day is not fan friendly. sorry, you can repeat the nonsense as many times as you like, it isn't any more true.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Anyone whining about Directv securing the deal for NFLST is whining for whining's sake. Someone was going to ante up whether it was Directv, DishNetwork (never had a chance), or Time Warner. If you thought the package was going to get cheaper if it went to another company, you're kidding yourself. Before NFLST you got the games you got and that was that. There was no going to your local bar because they were showing the exact same games you got at home. If it's not worth the money to you, no problem. The NFL has created a product that has become very lucrative and they have no reason whatsoever not to maximize it's potential revenue. The demand will ALWAYS dictate the price. If it gets too out of hand and they lose too many subscribers over it then the price will balance itself out.

We live in a fast food, social media, instant gratification, 20,00 songs on my computer that I didn't pay a nickel for, I want it all now and I want it free society. Those types are at the heart of the whinefest regarding this particular topic. Some people don't even know what it was like BEFORE NFLST even existed. They have no concept of watching whatever your local broadcasts gave you and you could suck it if you don't like it, Because, guess what? There was no where else for you to go to see something else. Not your local bar. Not your brother's house. No "splitting the tab with you buddies every couple of weeks". Pay up or get over it.

As for the basketball, hockey, and baseball packages? Psshhhh, please! If ANY of those leagues could even REMOTELY get away with charging for their package what the NFL charges for NFLST, they would do it in a heartbeat. The truth is that ANY of those packages would tank in year #1 because the interest just isn't there. The NBA, MLB, and NHL execs would cream their jeans if they could get what the NFL gets. It will never happen and they know it. They don't bother. It has nothing to do with "fan friendly". If you actually believe that line of bull**** then you're an idiot.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
it is priced less because people value it less. a sport that has 162 games, many played during the day is not fan friendly. sorry, you can repeat the nonsense as many times as you like, it isn't any more true.

Most of the day games in baseball are on Sat & Sunday. Baseball fans dont value it any less. Its very fan friendly. Its on almost everyday for 6 months. Cant get any better than that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm a girl. I'm not going to a bar to watch a game. I have zero friends here who like the Cowboys.

I'm thankful the games are available on satellite. DIRECT actually has given me a free year for being a good customer. Good for others who can go wherever & watch.

That settles it...we'll have to bottle a little of the stand's excitement for each game and over-night it to you following each game! Along with a special plate of tailgate delicacies!!

Szczepanik

Reaction score
You are making the assumption that watching Dallas every week is the sole reason for getting NFLST. I am a football junky and get NFLST to both watch the Boys play as well as being able to watch any other game I want. I live in Packer country and so I get the NFC North crammed down my throat every week.

Calling firstrow sports streaming as HD is a total joke. It is no where near HD quality, in fact its as far from HD as you can get.

With a small amount of effort you can almost always get NFLST discounted by just asking.

Firstrow was mentioned as well as other HD stream sites. I have gotten extremely high quality feeds from other websites, it takes roughly 10 minutes of searching to do so.

The problem with getting NFLST is that if you don't like directv, you are out of luck.

I despise directv. It is not close to xfinity comcast in my opinion.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
No Buffalo Wild Wings in your area?

This are usually pretty laid back for games.

Chilis too

Thanks for the recs but I prefer my sofa & remote. There are zillions of sports bars here. I just don't patronize them.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That settles it...we'll have to bottle a little of the stand's excitement for each game and over-night it to you following each game! Along with a special plate of tailgate delicacies!!

I'm a stay at home fan. I seriously would not go to an NFL game if I had a free ticket. I just don't want to.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Most of the day games in baseball are on Sat & Sunday. Baseball fans dont value it any less. Its very fan friendly. Its on almost everyday for 6 months. Cant get any better than that.

baseball is not nearly as popular, because it isn't as fan friendly. I can set aside one day a week and watch a great deal of this sport. a single day a week watching baseball is going to leave me in the dark about what is going on.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
He is referring to the fact that Dallas generally has more nationally televised games than any other team in the league.

Combine our nationally televised games, with regional games that fall in your lap, it's not hard to supplement a few games online or at a bar or friends house.

No need to shell out money for Sunday Ticket.

It's much easier for us as Cowboys fans pretty much where ever we live compared to a Jaguars fan that lives in Montana.

I tried that in 2010. After having to go to the bar 5 of the 1st 8 games I just broke down and got Sunday ticket again.

This year, so far, only SF will has been broadcast on Sunday afternoon for me. And this week will not be broadcast either. I live in Colts country. Colts home games screw me on the Fox double header Sundays and when the Cowboys play on CBS.

tm1119

Reaction score
The fact that the NFL refuses to have some sort of legit streaming service for fans yet is pretty ridiculous. Every other sport has 1 but the NFL. I'm not getting stuck with crappy Direct TV just to watch the NFL. I'd much rather just pay a flat fee and be able to watch for a full season. Oh well though....I'll just continue to watch by through means that the NFL doesn't approve of if they don't want to take my $

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The fact that the NFL refuses to have some sort of legit streaming service for fans yet is pretty ridiculous. Every other sport has 1 but the NFL. I'm not getting stuck with crappy Direct TV just to watch the NFL. I'd much rather just pay a flat fee and be able to watch for a full season. Oh well though....I'll just continue to watch by through means that the NFL doesn't approve of if they don't want to take my $

Bingo! We have another winner!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No certainly I don't mind...It's around $250 dollars for me but i know others who pay over $300!

If you call them they will work with you. I have been their customer for a number of years & they have always been very good to work with & have even given me free SUNDAY TICKET before.

It is expensive but I am like RISEN STAR & I enjoy that I can watch any game anytime.

I had ST from 1997 until 2013, As I enjoyed watching other games too. When I tried to change my service, but keep the ST, all they did was insult me, so I canceled everything. When I called back because they were taking their time sending my refund, all I got was a sales pitch for a 2 year contract. They did not care.

They by far have the worse customer service I have ever dealt with.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I had ST from 1997 until 2013, As I enjoyed watching other games too. When I tried to change my service, but keep the ST, all they did was insult me, so I canceled everything. When I called back because they were taking their time sending my refund, all I got was a sales pitch for a 2 year contract. They did not care.

They by far have the worse customer service I have ever dealt with.

Sorry to hear that. They've always been top rate with me. I've even gotten stuff free from them by just asking. I've never had a single issue with them. Hard to know why some do & some don't.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I'm a stay at home fan. I seriously would not go to an NFL game if I had a free ticket. I just don't want to.

I respect your feelings but I would encourage you to step outside your comfort level. You absolutely owe it to yourself to go to Cowboys stadium for a game for just the experience. Stay at home fan or not, it's something that every fan should do once. I would never ask you to go to an away divisional game, but even a place like San Diego is incredible. It's a beautiful place, the weather is perfect and there are 40,000 Cowboy fans there who would welcome you with open arms. Even training camp in Oxford is a laid back, phenomenal experience in another beautiful place where you will meet the coolest people you can exchange Cowboy experiences with.

I bet if you let other fans know here know you were going to any game you would meet up and have the memory of a lifetime. I don't live in Dallas but if I was going to a game and I read you were going, I would love to meet up and have you join my group for a pre-game get together.

Absolutes in life are disappointing. Outline things in pencil and be prepared to erase. Some of the most memorable things I've ever done I did not sure I really wanted to do them.