Twitter: NFL may add Wildcard team from both conferences in playoffs

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><a href="">

(FYI I'm not sure I formatted the tweets correctly so if the code shows up, my apologies, and tell me how to fix.)

If this adds number of playoff games it should subtract a week from regular season IMO. Player safety my .......

The Natural

Reaction score
I tried to map out how this would work below, this is what I came up with

1 seed - bye

2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

1 vs. lowest seed who wins

Other two teams play each other

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can. One team gets a bye and the following week it's back to an even number again.
I shouldn't have said "can't"

I should have said "its stupid." I hate the single team bye and then having three winners advance. It just throws the whole thing out of whack to me for some reason.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Can't Roger Goodell leave well enough alone?

Stop trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I have to disagree. While it may not be broken, that doesn't mean it's the best. More teams in the playoffs means more regions/fans interested in them (which = $) and it's good for the fans of that team. It's a win/win.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m
On DP's report that a Wild Card team will be added in each conference, NFL says no decision made. Would have to be voted on by owners...
To this point it hasn't been presented to them. Of course, it could be at May meeting. DP may have inside info that enough votes are there

landroverking

Reaction score
I'm ok with the format but no more. No problem with only the top seed getting a bye.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
My worry is this becomes like the NBA where people don't really tune in except for the opening week and then the playoffs. Any team that's worth a damn should make the playoffs. Yes I know the Cowboys wouldn't have made it the last couple years, but then again, they haven't been worth a damn lol.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Roger delivers the message that 32 owners voted to do something.

Really not a complicated setup. Owners vote and roger says how it went.

Can't the owners leave well enough alone?:)

Bah...I can see where they're coming from. More revenue for them but I like the system as is now.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
My worry is this becomes like the NBA where people don't really tune in except for the opening week and then the playoffs. Any team that's worth a damn should make the playoffs. Yes I know the Cowboys wouldn't have made it the last couple years, but then again, they haven't been worth a damn lol.

The NBA is that way because most people don't care about basketball and the season goes on for the better part of a year. Adding two teams or even an additional week to the playoffs would likely only be a benefit to the NFL.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I don't think they can add anymore games a team could possibly play without fear of another lawsuit because of player safety. Having more teams play the same amount of games though achieves the desired result. This way you just have more teams play in the Wild Card round instead of adding an additional week to play them.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Roger delivers the message that 32 owners voted to do something.

Really not a complicated setup. Owners vote and roger says how it went.

I don't think some people get this, RG simply does the owners bidding, if a majority of owners are against it, RG can't do anything.....