Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are an angry little man, lol. And not nearly as clever as you fancy yourself. And while you may have said as much, at the same time you are coming down on others for also saying as much. You just ride along the fence, ready to drop on whatever side you choose at any given time.
Old man you get angry from messageboard postings with no vocal words behind them eh? Sounds very emotional from you. I’m clever where it counts but of course I wouldn’t expect someone on the opposite side to give me credit. I didn’t come down on anybody and said as much but as usual you’re not good at reading comprehension. You saying I’m riding on the fence doesn’t make it true but maybe your groupie @Hennessy_King can comfort you.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
It's ok to be wrong if you're not being paid to be right.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Old man you get angry from messageboard postings with no vocal words behind them eh? Sounds very emotional from you. I’m clever where it counts but of course I wouldn’t expect someone on the opposite side to give me credit. I didn’t come down on anybody and said as much but as usual you’re not good at reading comprehension. You saying I’m riding on the fence doesn’t make it true but maybe your groupie @Hennessy_King can comfort you.
Lawl

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the way the NFL conducts this part of their business, announcing that they are investigating because rarely do they come back with anything if they don't take action. I can assume they look into anything that becomes news without them telling the public they are investigating. With all of the leaks within the league office, they don't have to announce, confirm or deny anything.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the way the NFL conducts this part of their business, announcing that they are investigating because rarely do they come back with anything if they don't take action. I can assume they look into anything that becomes news without them telling the public they are investigating. With all of the leaks within the league office, they don't have to announce, confirm or deny anything.
Well after writing that, I saw the other thread where the NFL has not officially said anything about this, even after being asked. So.....never mind.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well after writing that, I saw the other thread where the NFL has not officially said anything about this, even after being asked. So.....never mind.
The NFL is aware of it. They will wait until closer to the start of the season to investigate. If the drop the hammer goodell will wait till the worst possible time. I hate to think that way but it’s the way it seems to work.

aria

Reaction score
The NFL is aware of it. They will wait until closer to the start of the season to investigate. If the drop the hammer goodell will wait till the worst possible time. I hate to think that way but it’s the way it seems to work.
When exactly is a convenient time for a suspension and why do you think the worst possible time is the way it seems to work?

glimmerman

Reaction score
When exactly is a convenient time for a suspension and why do you think the worst possible time is the way it seems to work?
They investigated his DV case for how long. That whole thing was screwed up from the start to finish. Only person that interviewed the girl (whom was a female herself) said the girl was a liar and shouldn’t be believed and they disregard it and decide to suspend him because they want to suddenly go hard after messing up a previous case.

aria

Reaction score
They investigated his DV case for how long. That whole thing was screwed up from the start to finish. Only person that interviewed the girl (whom was a female herself) said the girl was a liar and shouldn’t be believed and they disregard it and decide to suspend him because they want to suddenly go hard after messing up a previous case.
I agree the suspension itself was a load but I don’t think they purposely timed it to screw us.

I remember wanting it to be the first 6 games to get it over with, others wanted it towards the end so he would be rested for a potential playoff push. Ultimately the league didn’t even make the final decision of when because it kept getting delayed due to all the appeals.

What he’s done since then is another story.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think the NFL has made a statement, have they?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The DA basically dropped the case because she wasn’t a credible witness and they obviously wouldn’t have found a jury in Columbus to convict Elliott.

That doesn’t mean he was innocent of DV based on the scrutiny of the NFL and their Personal Conduct Policy.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did, I assumed it was them announcing they were investigating it, not some third party ex NFL employee.
Yea. I wouldn’t beat yourself up. One of your comments were spot on. The NFL doesn’t need to announce.

We can assume anyone who makes news on these type of incidents is being investigated.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The DA basically dropped the case because she wasn’t a credible witness and they obviously wouldn’t have found a jury in Columbus to convict Elliott. That doesn’t mean he was innocent of DV based on the scrutiny of the NFL and their Personal Conduct Policy.
No. I agree with you, they have there own set of rules that you have to abide by if you want to work for the NFL. And Elliot being a football big dog in the state may have made it hard to get a conviction. The cops that showed up likely got autographs before they left. But the key to it for me was the things she said and text him. If he broke up with her she was going to ruin his career. Her friends turned her in for sending texts about trying to set him up. Extort money. Please man. The NFL still felt like there was enough there to suspend him.

Now the other 2 incidents the parade and bar could have factored in. But they said it didn’t. So this latest little thing should not get him suspended. He wasn’t arrested and the organization will get out in front of it before the security guard magically decides to press charges.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the NFL has made a statement, have they?
No, I made the same mistake Chris Simms did and he was corrected by Florio and looked foolish as he was on a partial rant on how quickly the NFL responded to this when in fact they haven't responded at all. At least I've looked foolish here before and posters are used to it.

Hell, I don't know anything for certain except that I heard Elliott asked Crawford to pay that security guard a visit. OK, OK, I made that up.

I am going to have a disclaimer sig: "This poster is not responsible for the accuracy or authenticity of any post and could be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both or just be wrong".

Reactions: G2

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, I made the same mistake Chris Simms did and he was corrected by Florio and looked foolish as he was on a partial rant on how quickly the NFL responded to this when in fact they haven't responded at all. At least I've looked foolish here before and posters are used to it.

Hell, I don't know anything for certain except that I heard Elliott asked Crawford to pay that security guard a visit. OK, OK, I made that up.

I am going to have a disclaimer sig: "This poster is not responsible for the accuracy or authenticity of any post and could be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both or just be wrong".
All I had heard was that the NFL was aware of it. I assume they will get around to looking into it. Elliot needs to give this kid a sincere apology and a signed jersey. Lol.