News: NFL: Micah Parsons Details Frustrating Night vs. Eagles

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly has some smart coaches. They played Micah perfectly by NOT blocking him and forcing him to choose between rushing and coverage. When he rushed, they just dumped the ball over him. If he dropped into coverage they ran it at him. I thought is was clever and they are the first team to play Micah this way. Not the every team can do this, but it should be interesting to see what Quinn comes up with the next time we face a read option QB.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Micah. 3 tackles and zero sacks……nuff said
I'm surprised it was only 3 tackles, it seemed like more. The Eagles were purposely getting the ball out quickly and he still almost got there a couple times. Plus he had two passes he knocked down in coverage. I also thought he had two tackles for loss but not sure on that one

Edit: just checked the box score. 7 tackles total. 3 solo tackles. 2 passes defensed. 1 TFL. I knew your numbers had to be off.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He need be rested during the Bears and Bye week. We’ll need him next week for the Lions, who’s offense can be explosive. Rest him for two weeks for the Bears and bye week. Hopefully he will heal in time for the Packers. Last night’s game was horrible for everyone all around.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm surprised it was only 3 tackles, it seemed like more. The Eagles were purposely getting the ball out quickly and he still almost got there a couple times. Plus he had two passes he knocked down in coverage. I also thought he had two tackles for loss but not sure on that one

Edit: just checked the box score. 7 tackles total. 3 solo tackles. 2 passes defensed. 1 TFL. I knew your numbers had to be off.
@shabazz has trouble counting.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He need be rested during the Bears and Bye week. We’ll need him next week for the Lions, who’s offense can be explosive. Rest him for two weeks for the Bears and bye week. Hopefully he will heal in time for the Packers. Last night’s game was horrible for everyone all around.
Why would we rest Micah? That would be dumb IMO

shabazz

Reaction score

My numbers were 3 tackles and zero sacks. The stats are 3 tackle, 4 assists and zero sacks.

Sorry to have left out the 4 big assists.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That penalty was huge.

Cowboys had all the momentum. It would habe been 3rd and 10 and the pass rush could habe pinned their ears back.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Why would we rest Micah? That would be dumb IMO

Because he is hurt. And if he continues to play with said injury, it will only grow worse to the point of a possible injury that will actually result in him missing time.

Many here do not realize that when you’re injured, you do things to compensate for that injury. That can include running and putting pressure on other body parts that typically do not take that amount of pressure, making him more susceptible to injury in his lower extremities.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Better check the box score yourself. 3 tackles and zero sacks…..am I wrong?

my box score reference puts assists as a separate category
assists are tackles. If two players equally contribute to the tackle some sites list it as an assist. But it isn't like an assist in basketball or hockey where someone else is credited with the basket/goal. It's a tackle. It's just not a solo tackle. Other box scores will show it as a tackle as compared to a solo tackle because of this and that is a more accurate way to represent it. If you pull up his profile on nfl.com you will see it shown as assists + solo tackles = tackles. Not a big deal. I was just trying to figure out why he only had 3 tackles when I thought he had more

RS12

Reaction score

This is the kind of response fans SHOULD hear from players after a loss.

Exactly. Said it a million times since Emmitt and Michael retired. Very few players have the win or die trying attitude Micah has, and the team desperately needs. Did Lael Collins strike anybody that way? Bossma Fat?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Because he is hurt. And if he continues to play with said injury, it will only grow worse to the point of a possible injury that will actually result in him missing time.

Many here do not realize that when you’re injured, you do things to compensate for that injury. That can include running and putting pressure on other body parts that typically do not take that amount of pressure, making him more susceptible to injury in his lower extremities.
Everyone everywhere knows that. You are seldom 100% in Football and you play anyway unless seriously injured. From all accounts he is not seriously injured. I don't think he would be running around out in coverage and playing so many snaps if he was as injured as you are alluding.

shabazz

Reaction score
assists are tackles. If two players equally contribute to the tackle some sites list it as an assist. But it isn't like an assist in basketball or hockey where someone else is credited with the basket/goal. It's a tackle. It's just not a solo tackle. Other box scores will show it as a tackle as compared to a solo tackle because of this and that is a more accurate way to represent it. If you pull up his profile on nfl.com you will see it shown as assists + solo tackles = tackles. Not a big deal. I was just trying to figure out why he only had 3 tackles when I thought he had more

I thought that the best defensive player in the league would have had more than 3 solo tackles however if you think that’s a great performance more power to ya.

……is there a stat for almost sacking a qb?