News: NFL: Micah Parsons Details Frustrating Night vs. Eagles

Portnoy1

Reaction score
People acting like there is a recipe to stop Micah now. No there isn’t… if that was the case every great pass rusher would be neutralized.

philly played it smart. On those plays there was nothing Micah could do…. He covers the wr it’s an easy hurts touchdown…. He goes after hurts hurts flips it to the wr. I don’t understand what people wanted Micah to do.
It's obvious what he needs to do. Be in 10 other places on the field at the same time LOL

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes.........
tumblr_n3bznwgl4d1qg72ijo4_250.gif

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Philly has some smart coaches. They played Micah perfectly by NOT blocking him and forcing him to choose between rushing and coverage. When he rushed, they just dumped the ball over him. If he dropped into coverage they ran it at him. I thought is was clever and they are the first team to play Micah this way. Not the every team can do this, but it should be interesting to see what Quinn comes up with the next time we face a read option QB.
They schemed him into oblivion. I'm hoping Quinn can come up with an answer next time because they really didn't have one last night.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The defense gave up two long drives for TDs. That's my problem there, but that isn't what lost us this game. 10 penalties/3 INT all in their area. That can't happen, EVER. But luckily we're only 6 games in while they're celebrating their Super Bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last nights defensive performance should put to rest these doomsday defense comparisons we’ve been seeing on the board. We may have a good pass rush but we continue to struggle against the run. We continue to have issues making critical stops against good teams in big games. After we crawled back making the score 20-17 we allowed Philly to go right up the field and score. They had something like 11 straight runs and we had no answers.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Philly has some smart coaches. They played Micah perfectly by NOT blocking him and forcing him to choose between rushing and coverage. When he rushed, they just dumped the ball over him. If he dropped into coverage they ran it at him. I thought is was clever and they are the first team to play Micah this way. Not the every team can do this, but it should be interesting to see what Quinn comes up with the next time we face a read option QB.

I say blast the QB every time they run that RPO. And also make sure the refs notice the olineman way down the field when they run a pass of rpo.

kumizi

Reaction score
Sometimes you guys forget the other teams also get paid to play and coach.

Lane Johnson is one of the best RT of all time. Sirianni did a great job game planning against Micah. Credit to them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sometimes you guys forget the other teams also get paid to play and coach.

Lane Johnson is one of the best RT of all time. Sirianni did a great job game planning against Micah. Credit to them.

No he isn't.

Reactions: Ken

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m sorry but Micah couldn’t run last night. He’s explosion was missing because of the groin. It was obvious
Part of it the other part was the eagles kept him off balance and he was indecisive so he probably looked even more impacted with his injury being unsure and pushing off insecurely

plymkr

Reaction score

This is the kind of response fans SHOULD hear from players after a loss.

Exactly, that makes my day. I'm pumped the leader of the team is more distraught than anyone and he's feeling bad. This is a huge mental shift from the Garrett years were players had fun whether they won or lost.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
That unsportsmanlike penalty was fricking costly and it wasn't the first time he's done something like this. I watched a few times now chirping after making a great play, but he got caught this time around to help the Eagles score!!!!!!!!!!!!

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I thought that the best defensive player in the league would have had more than 3 solo tackles however if you think that’s a great performance more power to ya.

……is there a stat for almost sacking a qb?

yes, it's measured in mamula's, I think he was credited with 4 mamula's

FaSho

Reaction score
I'm surprised it was only 3 tackles, it seemed like more. The Eagles were purposely getting the ball out quickly and he still almost got there a couple times. Plus he had two passes he knocked down in coverage. I also thought he had two tackles for loss but not sure on that one

Edit: just checked the box score. 7 tackles total. 3 solo tackles. 2 passes defensed. 1 TFL. I knew your numbers had to be off.

Gotta fit the agenda lol