News: NFL: Micah Parsons Details Frustrating Night vs. Eagles

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I thought that the best defensive player in the league would have had more than 3 solo tackles however if you think that’s a great performance more power to ya.

……is there a stat for almost sacking a qb?
Yes, it's called a pressure and is also it's own category. He is pretty good at that too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Name the play (time stamp) then. I have the game recorded.
they were doing it all night on defense.
and across the league.
the flex/stare down didn't orginate with micah.
you've seen it.
we've all seen it.
and i don't remember it getting called.
it was a horse crap call.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The penalty was bull ****. Offensive players can dance around like idiots but a defensive player (especially a Cowboy) jaws a little, penalty. It was crap.
Agreed. Penalties for talking **** are stupid. Even if it goes on for longer than the half second Micah did it for.

Still, I worried about it, as soon as I saw him get in the guys face.

I wonder if NY called that one in considering how long it took. The ref that was right there didn't call it right away.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Philly has some smart coaches. They played Micah perfectly by NOT blocking him and forcing him to choose between rushing and coverage. When he rushed, they just dumped the ball over him. If he dropped into coverage they ran it at him. I thought is was clever and they are the first team to play Micah this way. Not the every team can do this, but it should be interesting to see what Quinn comes up with the next time we face a read option QB.

Yes they did. But what Quinn have done is have Parsons aim straight for the QB. Tackle him before he goes out of the pocket. Forget the read and react thing. If they are going to run that play, make Hurts decide whether to take the hit or not. Hurts is a runner so he should be treated as such.