News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Marvin Lewis is not HC material, imo.

But he absolutely would be worth looking at for DC, imo.
Would he take it though? If he was, I would be all over it. One of the most inventive defense playcallers of all time

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm not really all in on this but it's better than Zimmer.

Totally agree. Count me in the "he was a product of Rodgers" crowd.

Meyer and Rhule would interest me
Belicheck or Saban would absolutely shock me
Belicheck or Saban AND Tua or Burrow or Lawrence next year you ask...?
I'm going streakin

It would be like I had my Roger and Tom back, lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sort of like what Romo did with Garrett. lol

Most likely. Any quarterback worth his salt is going to eventually be given that authority. Guaranteed that Tom Brady has that same kind of authority. It doesn't change the fact that the system is designed by the offensive coordinator/head coach. The system in Dallas was the failure. I'm not sure that we can say the system in Green Bay was the reason for its success, but the Packers did have success under McCarthy. Can he replicate that without Rodgers? That's impossible to say.

KingRah

Reaction score

I hope this is ok.

Why would Jerry interview a boring coach who doesn’t adjust. He’s another Garrett. Why do they refuse to get a coach who can put coach another team? Why won’t they get a coach who can come up r we out plays no one expects?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New guy will walk in and Garrett will be sitting in his office.

source.gif

KingRah

Reaction score
He's a good coach that was undermined by one of those HOF QBs. Been more than a few rumors here in Green Bay that princess Rogers turned the locker room against him. I would take him over another "learn on the job" project from the college ranks.

Lewis on the other hand? :thumbdown:
What was his weakness? His offense was predictable.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree. They're going to go this safe, boring route rather than swing for the fences.

When the Joneses swing for the fences, it's usually a strikeout. Best they've done since Jimmy Johnson was going the safe, boring route with Bill Parcells.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I think they are just planning to announce the new coach and never actually announce Garrett not returning. I assume in their warped mind that makes him avoid the stigma of being fired. It will be almost like he never existed.
How pathetic is Garrett to allow this and not say I'm outta here.
I think he knows other teams aren't lining up for him and this gig was the only real shot he has

Status
Not open for further replies.