News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is an outstanding football coach and would be a great addition to this staff. I am hoping that Jerry Jones will be able to keep both of these men (McCarthy & Lewis) on this staff together it would be massive. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
We need an entire staff of competent highly skilled and experienced NFL coaches...invaluable.
Yes sir!!
Spot on!!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Would be a solid hire
Curious what Jerry will do!

I'm not sure. I also wouldn't be opposed to Leslie Frazier. He did well with Minnesota, and he did well with Buffalo's defence tonight. Poor execution from the players at times, but the calls were solid. Maybe he'd be a good DC for us.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Im not saying McCarthy is the right guy maybe or maybe not - but in fairness most coaches that win have high quality QBs. This isn’t just a Mike McCarthy thing

Oh then that must mean Sean Payton also. Don't understand why he revered highly here and no one is mentioning Brees as his QB. I agree with you though. Just wanted to point that out.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It is very respectful.

Little do we know is that this is all part of Jason Garrett's training as "Special Advisor To The Owner" and he did the interview with Lewis.

Assistant to the regional manager?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Assistant to the regional manager?
tumblr_mvf43y1kFt1qm2l53o1_250.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In 100 years of NFL football, exactly 1 coach has won a championship with each of two teams.

I'd take that chance with Belichick. But Mike McCarthy isn't going to be the second.

But I would rather take someone with experience than a gamble on a college coach or even someone wet behind the ears.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Not really into it either... But, who really knows how much was Rodgers and how much was McCarthy?

Hard to know without being a part of it all. But, I want an emotional coach that gets friggin fired up on the sidelines.
One that holds them accountable for crap play, and calls them out on it in front of everyone.
So Kris Richard? That worked so well this year.

stiletto

Reaction score
I'd gladly take MM for a few years to get out of the Garret funk.....

Reactions: CWR

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Here is a legit question...Andy Reid was similar...NFCCGs and 1 SB appearance.. and then reinvented himself in KC. You’d take Reid. Could McCarthy with his new analytics have reinvented himself ? Just talking out loud

What I like about Mike McCarthy is that he actually took the criticism about him to heart. Took responsibility for it and found ways to improve his coaching style by analyzing other coaches. He's been doing this for 1 year.

Compare that to Garrett. He is stubborn and never changed a thing since he started coaching the Cowboys. Never blamed himself for things going wrong. Never find ways to improve the team. He was just nothing more than a yes man all along to Jerry and was too comfortable with his job title as a coach.

I'd take McCarthy in a heartbeat right now and not look back. McCarthy is not the perfect candidate. But he is willing to change in order to make himself a better coach. Something Garrett has failed to do.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
my best guess and that's all it is I think they hire lewis as a defensive cord then they hire dan campbell as head coach and hire a really experienced special teams coach I also think jerry talks campbell in to keep Kellen more

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
my best guess and that's all it is I think they hire lewis as a defensive cord then they hire dan campbell as head coach and hire a really experienced special teams coach I also think jerry talks campbell in to keep Kellen more
Awful idea. It's so Jerry.

CWR

Reaction score
What I like about Mike McCarthy is that he actually took the criticism about him to heart. Took responsibility for it and found ways to improve his coaching style by analyzing other coaches. He's been doing this for 1 year.

Compare that to Garrett. He is stubborn and never changed a thing since he started coaching the Cowboys. Never blamed himself for things going wrong. Never find ways to improve the team. He was just nothing more than a yes man all along to Jerry and was too comfortable with his job title as a coach.

I'd take McCarthy in a heartbeat right now and not look back. McCarthy is not the perfect candidate. But he is willing to change in order to make himself a better coach. Something Garrett has failed to do.

Amen!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I wouldn’t hate it. Campbell won’t allow lack of attention to detail.

jnday

Reaction score
The word out of Dallas is that Jerry had Garrett give McCarthy his tour around the Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.