NFL names Dak Prescott as Dallas Cowboys “unsung hero” of 2019 season

GenoT

Reaction score
The team didn’t make the playoffs; therefore, NO heroes.

Or are the Dallas Cowboys now all about participation trophies?

As the bar continues to be lowered...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some people so get upset about someone saying anything positive about Dak.

Im still waiting for a poster to post a rumor that Dak is gay because they had sex with a guy that looked just like him

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do think the award is ridiculous. Especially considering Dak is our biggest name. I dont see how he really qualifies as an "Unsung hero"

Blackrain

Reaction score
You would have to be a complete idiot not to see the growth and quality in a guy that led the NFL in passing. If a fan was too dumb to watch the games, then the fact that Dak was #1 in the NFL on passing and the Cowboys offense was #1 in the NFL in offense would give that fan a clue.
I couldnt agree more Roy With some its a low football IQ others a hate agenda and some a combination of both . But this forum attracts a group of people that need some lessons on how to watch and analyze football because they fail to see all the contributing factors in why we lose games and just want to take the lazy way out and blame Dak .

Its really crazy when the rest of the football watching world sees Dak as hero THROWING NO INTS IN THE LAST 4 GAMES down the stretch, getting shot up to play the Eagles game because we have no legitimate backup QB and struggling because all his receivers are dropping balls in there freakin hands . Gallup dropping a TD instride in his hands , Witten , Cooper , Cobb all dropping balls in their hands .
The gridiron challenged on this forum see Dak as losing the game , go figure .

AC showed a video in another thread of an 8-8 season in the win or go home game where an INT finished the season and it was not the only one that ended that way . We ended a couple seasons that way against division rivals with different QBs putting the final nail in the coffin with an INT at the end . People forget what bad QB play really is and should rewatch some of those last games in the other 8-8 seasons to get a perspective . It sure makes Dak look like the hero he is

erod

Reaction score
Great to see people around the league appreciate Daks work . Shows the agenda some bring to this forum to bash him when others around the league can see what real QB problems are and view Dak as a hero .

Really something how the rest of the football watching world can see all the different team problems we had this year and that Dak was actually the bright spot . Others understand that not being able to elevate a team with problems in all phases dose not make you the problem just not the total solution
Failed to score one lousy touchdown in three games.

Piles of garbage-time stats.

Got outplayed by Darnold, Trubisky, Allen, and Bridgewater.

Horrible in the red zone.

Fell behind 31-3 against Green Bay.

Runs like Jason Witten now.

It was a site to behold for sure.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I couldnt agree more Roy With some its a low football IQ others a hate agenda and some a combination of both . But this forum attracts a group of people that need some lessons on how to watch and analyze football because they fail to see all the contributing factors in why we lose games and just want to take the lazy way out and blame Dak .

Its really crazy when the rest of the football watching world sees Dak as hero THROWING NO INTS IN THE LAST 4 GAMES down the stretch, getting shot up to play the Eagles game because we have no legitimate backup QB and struggling because all his receivers are dropping balls in there freakin hands . Gallup dropping a TD instride in his hands , Witten , Cooper , Cobb all dropping balls in their hands .

AC showed a video in another thread of an 8-8 season in the win or go home game where an INT finished the season and it was not the only one that ended that way . We ended a couple seasons that way against division rivals with different QBs putting the final nail in the coffin with an INT at the end . People forget what bad QB play really is and should rewatch some of those last games in the other 8-8 seasons to get a perspective . It sure makes Dak look like the hero he is
While you’re running your mouth about low football IQ you might want to find a mirror to gaze in. Praising Dak for not throwing an interception in a meaningless game against a 3-13 Commanders team is fighting for the new dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Dak was not a good player against any team with a pulse this year but you keep on taking whatever drugs you’re taking so you can feel good about those Giants/Commanders games.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team didn’t make the playoffs; therefore, NO heroes.

Or are the Dallas Cowboys now all about participation trophies?

As the bar continues to be lowered...
They did this with every team, so it's not about just the Cowboys. Participation trophies all around, baby!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don't understand why it matters whether an interception ended the season, or just a lack of production when it counts most. In fact, it seems to me that if an interception ended the season, that QB must have taken the team right to the brink of winning, as opposed to the game being over by halftime.

That said, I do believe it's a team sport, and Dak was far from the only, or even the main reason the team failed.

Frozen700

Reaction score
They are trying to bait us to sign him up.

Stupid trolls.

#DontpayDak

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Participation award, for the guy who guided his team to 9 points with the playoffs on the line, sad oh so sad.
Exactly. I remember one time we had participation trophy for a player who put up 3 points with the playoffs on the line and another time put up 3 points with a chance to go the NFC Championship game. Was very sad.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly. I remember one time we had participation trophy for a player who put up 3 points with the playoffs on the line and another time put up 3 points with a chance to go the NFC Championship game. Was very sad.
Ha ha ha Here you go again, deflect when it hurts so much, there wasn't any award for losers then like there is today, maybe it should be known as the unsung Dak award for mediocrity, really sad.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ha ha ha Here you go again, deflect when it hurts so much, there wasn't any award for losers then like there is today, maybe it should be known as the unsung Dak award for mediocrity, really sad.
At least you know it is a losers award. Bravo

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I couldn’t agree more and a big reason why I come here. So those that want to understand aren’t lead astray by those don’t get it.