NFL names Dak Prescott as Dallas Cowboys “unsung hero” of 2019 season

dfense

Reaction score
This the kind of crap that's going financially kill this team for the next 5-7 years.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Too complicated a thought for you so wade through?

It's a question of different psychological viewpoints here. Those who care about the "Well he tried hard" award, and clap and say give me a "D", give me a "A"... And then there those of us who are used to not giving anyone awards after a dismal 8-8, or calling anyone an unsung hero after a losing season. But well, then again, some people are fans of Dak and not the Dallas Cowboys... So well I guess that unsung hero thing is your Dak Bowl. ;)

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't understand why it matters whether an interception ended the season, or just a lack of production when it counts most. In fact, it seems to me that if an interception ended the season, that QB must have taken the team right to the brink of winning, as opposed to the game being over by halftime.

That said, I do believe it's a team sport, and Dak was far from the only, or even the main reason the team failed.

Your last statement is exactly what Im trying to convey

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's a question of different psychological viewpoints here. Those who care about the "Well he tried hard" award, and clap and say give me a "D", give me a "A"... And then there those of us who are used to not giving anyone awards after a dismal 8-8, or calling anyone an unsung hero after a losing season. But well, then again, some people are fans of Dak and not the Dallas Cowboys... So well I guess that unsung hero thing is your Dak Bowl. ;)

Its a recognition of a guy that had a good season on a bad to mediocre team.

Unless you think that EVERY player on Dallas is average because they went 8-8. Which would be stupid.

Clearly you are not capable of making that distinction. Although I don't hear you claiming guys like Zeke are average. Despite for years saying he was the straw that stirs the offense and the one player the offense runs through.

Not only that, but the author CLEARY pointed out that he was looking for players "on non playoff teams". Even when told, you still cant understand it. LOL

Blackrain

Reaction score
While you’re running your mouth about low football IQ you might want to find a mirror to gaze in. Praising Dak for not throwing an interception in a meaningless game against a 3-13 Commanders team is fighting for the new dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Dak was not a good player against any team with a pulse this year but you keep on taking whatever drugs you’re taking so you can feel good about those Giants/Commanders games.

Ok you are the combination of both type guy . SWELL!!!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Its a recognition of a guy that had a good season on a bad to mediocre team.

Unless you think that EVERY player on Dallas is average because they went 8-8. Which would be stupid.

Clearly you are not capable of making that distinction. Although I don't hear you claiming guys like Zeke are average. Despite for years saying he was the straw that stirs the offense and the one player the offense runs through.

Not only that, but the author CLEARY pointed out that he was looking for players "on non playoff teams". Even when told, you still cant understand it. LOL

The same bad team some of you were saying was going to the super bowl at the beginning of the season? ;) And I already have said that I think that Dak is a good quarterback, and before the new coach got hired have been on record as saying as I think he is being wasted here as Romo was. I'm not going to be praising anyone from this team for this season in the immediate future. And I find the timing a bit questionable to do so right after a season. Right now there isn't much for us Cowboys Fans to celebrate for the season. It's another wasted year.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The 2019 Dallas Cowboys weren’t exactly the type of team that you’ll want to go back and watch several years from now. It was a season that many want to move on from as quickly as possible.

While it did take a bit for plans to initially get off the ground the Cowboys team also moved on rather quickly and already has essentially an entire new coach staff in place. Plans for 2020 are getting put together at a rapid pace and expectations are already starting to build.

NFL.com are doing that by examining “unsung heroes” from all 32 teams last season. Obviously these are players that had performances that they believe were not properly appreciated and the listed answer for the Dallas Cowboys is one that comes with the territory of the position he plays - Dak Prescott.

DALLAS COWBOYS:
Dak Prescott, quarterback. I tried to avoid listing any quarterbacks in either conference, because it’s tough to be unsung while playing the game’s highest-profile position. And when I did choose one, I really wanted it to stand out. I already covered Ryan Tannehill in the AFC half of this exercise, so let’s have a word about Dak, who is currently without a contract for 2020. It’s amazing to me that there are still people who question whether he can lead this team into the future. Let me give you the short answer: He certainly can. He damn near threw for 5,000 yards this season and had 30 touchdowns. I guess the expectations surrounding the position, and maybe some frustration over missing the playoffs, are probably fueling the Dak doubt. But let me tell you, as a fan of a Bears team that has struggled to get it right at the quarterback position for years, the Cowboys are set. So please stop questioning him.

Prescott reached career highs in just about every important individual statistical category and at times seemed like a contender for the league’s MVP award (these times ended on the team’s final drive against the Minnesota Vikings).

Prescott has finished four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys which means both that he is up for a new contract and that he is very well-familiar with the trials of playing under a microscope. Unless you are winning Super Bowls for the Cowboys, there is always going to be debate.

The article’s author, NFL Media’s Adam Rank, mentions himself as a fan of the Chicago Bears and notes that he knows what it’s like to be wandering in the quarterback wilderness and expresses this as a line of caution for Cowboys fans. This coincides with the idea that
Prescott would be wanted by plenty of NFL teams if he were to truly hit the open market which is why the Cowboys need to pay him soon and that when they do the price will be quite high.

Even with the spotlight on him as a quarterback, maybe it’s worth considering that Dak might have been the unsung hero on the 2019 Cowboys. I’d personally argue that La’el Collins might be someone more deserving of the title, not to mention
Robert Quinn, but there is a case to be made for Prescott being unsung in his own way.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-as-dallas-cowboys-unsung-hero-of-2019-season
how are you a hero for one in football but loosely used he still doesnt fit..8-8 is not hero like ..

we were team losers no heros all losers..not one player stepped up from week 11-16 a bunch just didnt play well..

oh BTW Dak cant hit the open market but if we want to play that game Non exclusive Tag, lets see how many teams give 2 1st rounders and 34 mil to him..i want to see it..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs in the worst division in football it’s hard to call any player an unsung hero. There’s no heroes when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Lol...…….you are talking to a guy that doesn't even understand what the term "unsung" means.

coming from a guy who thinks you should praise someone as a hero for a losing season. And that is not just praising someone for their effort for a losing season, but also saying that they are a hero for that season. What exactly did Dak do that would qualify as heroic? Play with a seperated shoulder? Do a Ronnie Lott and lop off his pinky? :) I mean there is praise, and there is saying something is heroic, and then there is understanding what the difference is between those two. And then it is a bit suspect too when the person defending the heroic bit, well many of us think he would only do that for one person on the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They same bad team some of you were saying was going to the super bowl at the beginning of the season? ;) And I already have said that I think that Dak is a good quarterback, and before the new coach got hired have been on record as saying as I think he is being wasted here as Romo was. I'm not going to be praising anyone from this team for this season in the immediate future. And I find the timing a bit questionable to do so right after a season. Right now there isn't much for us Cowboys Fans to celebrate for the season. It's another wasted year.

Some of me? Don't make up lies to in order to deflect the argument.

As far as the timing, talk to the guy that wrote the article.

Another wasted season is correct.

As far as celebrating this has been the best season for me in 9 years. Garrett got fired and we hired a REAL HC. There is actually hope now. And I want to personally thank EVERY player that didn't show for the Philly game. At the end of the day, that is the one game we can point to that got Garrett finally outta here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
coming from a guy who thinks you should praise someone as a hero for a losing season. And that is not just praising someone for their effort for a losing season, but also saying that they are a hero for that season. What exactly did Dak do that would qualify as heroic? Play with a seperated shoulder? Do a Ronnie Lott and lop off his pinky? :) I mean there is praise, and there is saying something is heroic, and then there is understanding what the difference is between those two. And then it is a bit suspect too when the person defending the heroic bit, well many of us think he would only do that for one person on the team.

LOL...Dak is no hero to me. Just a good player on a bad team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think some people might be taking the words "unsung hero" too literally. In the context in which the author is using it, he simply means someone who tried against all odds and came up short. That said, it's still an article that never needed to be written, IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs in the worst division in football it’s hard to call any player an unsung hero. There’s no heroes when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.
true and truly the word Hero should not be used in Sports unless its something g happening off the field and truly heroic ,,why do sports writers/casters continue to call them that is beyond me , how about Teams Unsung MVP or Underrated or unheralded..

dudes playing pro sports for millions of dollars are not heroic nor role models..

Pat Tillman comes to mind , he left millions to join the military's and died..thats heroic

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
true and truly the word Hero should not be used in Sports unless its something g happening off the field and truly heroic ,,why do sports writers/casters continue to call them that is beyond me , how about Teams Unsung MVP or Underrated or unheralded..

dudes playing pro sports for millions of dollars are not heroic nor role models..

Pat Tillman comes to mind , he left millions to join the military's and died..thats heroic
There's more than one definition of "hero". One definition is "Idol", which certainly fits, in the case of sports stars, regardless of whether it should.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Well even if you give more leeway to what is heroics, and say an heroic effort, well then there you would be talking about some clutch moments against winning teams or important teams this season. I'm not one to give praise to anyone right after a losing season, and there really weren't any heroic efforts this season. There is a difference to admit that Dak has greatly improved this season, and be happy about that, and to say that he was clutch this season. I mean Romo had some great moment in some of his bad seasons, but do I get all chipper about it and call him the unsung hero for any of those seasons? How many games against a winning team had a heroic moment this season?