NFL Network just now - Talking about Dez

Carson

Reaction score
Top tier? No. But this staff and the remaining players had to find a way to go 2-4 rather than 0-6. This was a major failure.

I do agree there. Win one game and were still in this.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I read earlier, no team has ever made the playoffs after starting 2-6.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How would B.B. have a clue what the actual culture is in Dallas, he's a blowhard.

If you to know about the culture of a team, just watch them play. You can tell all you need to know. He's 100% correct. There is underachieving going on in Dallas right now on an epidemic level. I don't care about injuries. Players on the field should be doing their job and they aren't. That's coaching and culture.

visionary

Reaction score
This is what kills me. How many teams could lose their star QB and WR and half of their defense and still be top tier?

New England probably about it.

What kills me is the straw men being built around here

Who is saying the team should be "top tier" all we're asking for is to be .500 while your qb is out at least don't be 0-6

Just stop it already

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chemistry sure does make a difference. Last year when you had Red, Romo, DeMarco and Witten were all hangin out and going to basketball games and winning all was good. When things are going well this other insignificant stuff doesnt happen as often and doesnt get the same attention.

Exactly! The media knows they have a win-win formula for viewers, listeners and site traffic. If the Cowboys are winning, hype them like crazy because Cowboys fans will come watch/listen/read and haters will come to bash the Cowboys. If the Cowboys are losing, hype/create drama and criticize the Cowboys heavily because Cowboys fans will come to bash the media and the haters will come to bash the Cowboys.

Either way, the media wins. Even if all of the Cowboys fans on the planet agreed to not read any Cowboys bashing articles, listen to any Cowboys bashing sports radio or watch any Cowboys bashing sports shows, the haters are so large in number that the media will still come out ahead.

None of the media's bashing of the Cowboys bothers me. Perhaps it is because I played a lot of sports when I was younger, but I firmly believe you shut people up on the field, not through your mouth. Win on the field and a lot of media problems go away. Last year was a perfect example of it.

visionary

Reaction score
If you to know about the culture of a team, just watch them play. You can tell all you need to know. He's 100% correct. There is underachieving going on in Dallas right now on an epidemic level. I don't care about injuries. Players on the field should be doing their job and they aren't. That's coaching and culture.

Exactly

@Idgit was making the excuse the other day that the team did poorly in the second half against philly because the player who is supposed to tell players where to line up (Lee) got injured

Really?

Does no one see anything wrong with someone having to tell defensive players WHERE TO LINE UP IN WEEK 8?

Unbelievable, the pathetic excuses these guys come up with to defend s doofus HC

visionary

Reaction score
Exactly! The media knows they have a win-win formula for viewers, listeners and site traffic. If the Cowboys are winning, hype them like crazy because Cowboys fans will come watch/listen/read and haters will come to bash the Cowboys. If the Cowboys are losing, hype/create drama and criticize the Cowboys heavily because Cowboys fans will come to bash the media and the haters will come to bash the Cowboys.

Either way, the media wins. Even if all of the Cowboys fans on the planet agreed to not read any Cowboys bashing articles, listen to any Cowboys bashing sports radio or watch any Cowboys bashing sports shows, the haters are so large in number that the media will still come out ahead.

None of the media's bashing of the Cowboys bothers me. Perhaps it is because I played a lot of sports when I was younger, but I firmly believe you shut people up on the field, not through your mouth. Win on the field and a lot of media problems go away. Last year was a perfect example of it.

Exactly

Why were there very very few "drama" reports last year?

The team was playing solid football

dupree89

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I read earlier, no team has ever made the playoffs after starting 2-6.

I haven't looked it up to double-check my memory, but I think the Bengals did it in the early 70s. I wanna say they started 1-6 and then ran the table. Maybe they had a loss in the middle somewhere, but I dont think so.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Props to Michael Irvin for pointing out how the media has hounded Dez and possibly even cost him money... he turned to Warner and Faulk and asked them how much of this would they be able to take... actually had Warner, Faulk and Mooch in agreement with him... nice job, Mike.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

They are inconsistent too. play good one week, not good the next.

Also about all the sacks, 4 in last game , romo hurt on sacks 2 years in a row, the reason whisenhunt was fired was mariota was being
sacked a lot.
The new coach kept more in to block and protect , and no sacks, and they won the game.

coaching makes a difference.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of these media folks are so Teflon coated. No need to say their own apologies when they are completely wrong and no accountability whatsoever. Dez should have received a formal apology several times over this year on reports that either had no proof at all or were completely proven wrong.

That JJT tweet was ridiculous. I didn't know that he tweeted it, but it is time for him to be assigned somewhere outside of the Dallas lockerroom. No one would blink twice if he left midweek and were replaced by someone new, yet he reports as if he is the main attraction.

Because it's entertainment and we take it too seriously! They aren't journalists. They are there to get you excited and ticked off enough to watch. It's obviously working :grin:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I saw the show online, and I have to agree with billick and the other guy on some things,What dez did, browner in NO also did in same week.
It shows that the player is not afraid to do whatever he feels like at the time, and that reflects back on the coach, and in this case jerry too.
Dez knows he can do things like that and not get in trouble. So he will continue to do them.
At some point you have to do more than talk to a player.

I Think Dallas may not handle the media correctly also.
I dont think they should have access till after they are out of locker room, and certain players or all , but mainly guys like dez and hardy
should be talked to before letting them talk to the media.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RKGs...teachable moments...process....stacking....a lot of good talk but I'm not seeing the results of this philosophy...Maybe after 5 years it's time for a new philosophy.

knightrider94

Reaction score
This is the same Brian Billick that called Jerry trying to get a interview for the head coaching job when Garrett was the interim Head coach. He's probably still bitter about that.

I was just about to say this! That dude got an ax to grind because he wanted the job and didn't get it. With all the recycling of coaches in the NFL, it's eye opening that he hasn't gotten another job.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I was just about to say this! That dude got an ax to grind because he wanted the job and didn't get it. With all the recycling of coaches in the NFL, it's eye opening that he hasn't gotten another job.

Especially a SB winning coach... Oh, wait a minute their D won that one.