NFL Network just now - Talking about Dez

Proximo

Reaction score
I basically stopped watching ESPN & NFLN shows, especially on Sunday mornings.
I will have them on, and throughout the week. But won't pay a lot of attention, or often is muted. When they talk cowboys, I will see what the tone is. If rants about crap, back to mute.

I'm in the same boat.

The stuff just isn't good programming in my opinion. Poor content.

Everything is sensationalized and over dramatic.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
This is why I never understood the vitriol being heaped on the media as if it's a separate entity from the NFL which promotes the sensationalism to promote it's product.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Dez wants to be a leader? How about he start acting like one? He may be a great player but his leadership is a joke because he is constantly enabled. Michael Irvin, whom everyone claims Dez is supposed to model, had his issues with drugs, etc. but did you EVER see Michael act like a child in the locker room? He was a leader. Dez and his BS is far from it. It's embarrassing. If Dez shuts his mouth the media will have nothing to use against him. See how it works?

LOL! Mike said this morning that he chased a reporter out of a locker room with a chair the season after Jimmy Johnson left.

Times, social media and media access (for good or for bad) are so different now.

sosoneworleans

Reaction score
It's funny how all the former players say what Dez should have done, knowing that they would have acted the same in the situation. The media are fickle and stand up for each other, you notice that they always talk about Dez. They never once talk about what prompted the rant, for them to say that he is selfish is obscured. Last time I check he was talking up for Butler, who is his own teammate, in the rant. The media are little babies they can say what they want about you, but as soon as you snap back you are immature and wrong.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Anyone see the heated discussion just now regarding the Cowboys, and in particular Dez? At least one guy was defending him.

Basically Brian Billick and Shaun O Hara were saying Dez needs to grow up and he has been in the league long enough that he should have learned by now.. O Hara went as far as to say he is putting himself before the team. Michael Robinson went at them!!! He said ...you guys want Dez to learn, who in Dallas is gonna teach him? And then Billick says..that comes back to the culture in Dallas, its awful.

But anyway it was pretty heated. Good TV.

How bout just catch the ball when it hits you in the hands ?
This team is so underachieving, it's just sad !

phildadon86

Reaction score
Anyone see the heated discussion just now regarding the Cowboys, and in particular Dez? At least one guy was defending him.

Basically Brian Billick and Shaun O Hara were saying Dez needs to grow up and he has been in the league long enough that he should have learned by now.. O Hara went as far as to say he is putting himself before the team. Michael Robinson went at them!!! He said ...you guys want Dez to learn, who in Dallas is gonna teach him? And then Billick says..that comes back to the culture in Dallas, its awful.

On NFL network, Boomer called out the Cowboys for employing guys with criminal records. I laughed

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score

None of this crap was said last year. Amazing how losing your All-Pro QB for half the season and All-Pro WR (who sucked today), and losing 7 straight, has "changed the CULTURE" of the team. It's a load of crap. Romo doesn't go down, we're in first place and none of this media crap is being spewed. You don't think we beat N.O., NY, Seattle, Philly, and TB with Romo? We certainly win most of our games and would probably be no worse than 7-2 right now. Miraculously the "culture" would be wonderful. There's a reason I don't watch BSPN or the NFL network.