NFL Network just now - Talking about Dez

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As I have said before on this board. Dez needs to act like an adult and shut the heck up.

His thin-skinned antics and ranting is nothing more than a similar, but different version of what TO did.

Ever see Romo do that? No, because he is an adult. Yet nothing said by JJT even comes close to what Romo has suffered at the hands of noth the local and national press.

Dez is embarrassing himself and this franchise. I'd also include the fan base on this board, but after seeing the comments here, it is clear Dez is not alone in this hurt feelings game.

Dez, do your job and shut up. Be the player you are paid to be and all this goes away. Show up and get shut down by Richard Sherman and then go on a crying jag in the locker room after, and you bring this on yourself.

Being a fan doesn't have to mean you are so jaded you throw out common sense and side with a whiner.

When Dez plays to his potential, he is a man. When he opens his mouth to pout because he isn't being praised and held accountable for his lackluster performance, he is a child.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Props to Michael Irvin for pointing out how the media has hounded Dez and possibly even cost him money... he turned to Warner and Faulk and asked them how much of this would they be able to take... actually had Warner, Faulk and Mooch in agreement with him... nice job, Mike.

Faulk actually said that he probably would have handled it like Dez. Surprised he said that and appreciated his honesty.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is the same Brian Billick that called Jerry trying to get a interview for the head coaching job when Garrett was the interim Head coach. He's probably still bitter about that.

We probably would have been better off if he got the job.. And that's Billick we are talking about here.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Steven A was talking about it on ESPN with Cris Carter and was saying that all of this is Jason Garrett's fault. These stations are all turning into TMZ. Always trying to paint a picture of Dez as a bad guy. He blew up on Reporters because he's tired of losing. Who wouldn't get sick of stupid questions. They forget the times where he bought everyone an Xbox at the store and signs his name for kids at practice. C'mon Cowboys. Win this game

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of these media folks are so Teflon coated. No need to say their own apologies when they are completely wrong and no accountability whatsoever. Dez should have received a formal apology several times over this year on reports that either had no proof at all or were completely proven wrong.

That JJT tweet was ridiculous. I didn't know that he tweeted it, but it is time for him to be assigned somewhere outside of the Dallas lockerroom. No one would blink twice if he left midweek and were replaced by someone new, yet he reports as if he is the main attraction.

I'm not sure why COWBOYS FANS out so much stock in what the propaganda machine says. SMH

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Some of you guys just have blinders on but that is ok

One day someone will write a book and you will find out what the locker room culture really was

Some of the behavior that Dez and Hardy have shown over the last 2 years is unacceptable and immature. These things don't happen in a vacuum. There is a lot more going on that we don't know about. It is also reflected in the lack of preparation and conditioning the players have shown this year.

But please keep making excuses for the players and coaches on a 2-6 team blindly

I'm not a Hardy supporter but exactly what has he done in the locker room that you find so disgraceful (emphasis mine)?

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Exactly

@Idgit was making the excuse the other day that the team did poorly in the second half against philly because the player who is supposed to tell players where to line up (Lee) got injured

Really?

Does no one see anything wrong with someone having to tell defensive players WHERE TO LINE UP IN WEEK 8?

Unbelievable, the pathetic excuses these guys come up with to defend s doofus HC

Not literally where to line up. Lee will recognize a certain package or maybe a certain tendency that other players would not and adjust accordingly. The placement of an O-linemen's outside foot, something so subtle, can tip off Lee on how to adjust. Ware would say when he watched film he studied the one or two plays where an offensive lineman would make the mistake of tipping off whether the play was a run or a pass based on foot placement alone. I'm sure there are many more subtle signs, that niether you or I could pick up, that can potentially let a player who has studied the game and his opposition so diligently that he transforms his side of the ball completely. Romo, Lee.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I basically stopped watching ESPN & NFLN shows, especially on Sunday mornings.
I will have them on, and throughout the week. But won't pay a lot of attention, or often is muted. When they talk cowboys, I will see what the tone is. If rants about crap, back to mute.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly

@Idgit was making the excuse the other day that the team did poorly in the second half against philly because the player who is supposed to tell players where to line up (Lee) got injured

Really?

Does no one see anything wrong with someone having to tell defensive players WHERE TO LINE UP IN WEEK 8?

Unbelievable, the pathetic excuses these guys come up with to defend s doofus HC

Actually, I said it could have just been conditioning. Or it could have been that the two LBs who commonly line players up were knocked out if he game. And it was offering a possible explanation, not making an excuse, though you've long ago demonstrated you don't know the difference.

And if you don't realize that there's communications gear in the helmets for a reason, I can't help you with that.

Listen closely to who is complaining about the coaching staff in Dallas. It's fans on message boards who loved this staff last season. The same fans who used to think Tony Romo couldn't play or that Demarcus Ware came up small in crunch time. That Mike Zimmer and Sean Payton couldn't coach.

In all honesty, when I find myself agreeing with popular consensus on he internet, that's when I start reevaluating my position to make sure I'm not getting swept up in the emotions of everything. When I find myself arguing with somebody who actually believes all the Head Coach does is stand around and clap, I know I'm on solid ground.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Dez wants to be a leader? How about he start acting like one? He may be a great player but his leadership is a joke because he is constantly enabled. Michael Irvin, whom everyone claims Dez is supposed to model, had his issues with drugs, etc. but did you EVER see Michael act like a child in the locker room? He was a leader. Dez and his BS is far from it. It's embarrassing. If Dez shuts his mouth the media will have nothing to use against him. See how it works?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
As I have said before on this board. Dez needs to act like an adult and shut the heck up.

His thin-skinned antics and ranting is nothing more than a similar, but different version of what TO did.

Ever see Romo do that? No, because he is an adult. Yet nothing said by JJT even comes close to what Romo has suffered at the hands of noth the local and national press.

Dez is embarrassing himself and this franchise. I'd also include the fan base on this board, but after seeing the comments here, it is clear Dez is not alone in this hurt feelings game.

Dez, do your job and shut up. Be the player you are paid to be and all this goes away. Show up and get shut down by Richard Sherman and then go on a crying jag in the locker room after, and you bring this on yourself.

Being a fan doesn't have to mean you are so jaded you throw out common sense and side with a whiner.

When Dez plays to his potential, he is a man. When he opens his mouth to pout because he isn't being praised and held accountable for his lackluster performance, he is a child.

Holy cognitive dissonance Batman! This is a "fan" whining about a player for whining.