News: NFL Network suspends Brian Baldinger for suggesting bounty on Zeke

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not to me. I listen to sports radio all the time. The ticket makes fun of everyone, judging from baldingers punishment Gordon should have been fired years ago here in Dallas on the ticket. The fan does these exact things to other teams and players all the time.

its a foolish punishment. They should have just made him apologize and warned him.

I have never heard anyone on the ticket suggest suck a thing.
Making fun of something and suggesting violence is a huge difference

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Some of you guys are overthinking it.

The reason he can't say what he said is because he is a representative of the NFL. If he were on some local radio show, his bosses may or may not care.

When you are an employee of the NFL, you can not suggest that the NFL condones the very thing they're battling lawsuits about.

chuch

Reaction score
The guy has one of the best jobs imaginable. All he had to do was NOT make remarks in direct opposition to his employer's policies in a public setting.

Forget what he said, someone this incompetent shouldn't be employed to begin with, especially considering how coveted those "analyst" positions are.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
All it takes is one idiot like Charles 'Too Mean' Martin.

There are already guys in this league that will take cheap shots if they can get away it, like Burcifit.

And this creep here.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I'll never forget that Martin hit, buddies and i were cheering, yet cringing, at the same time (hated the Bears back in the day), crazy stuff man.

Martin had a towel tucked in his pants with the uniform numbers of all the Bears skill position players written on it, McMahon's was at the top. Charles was a piece of work.

That was a rivalry.

Cmac

Reaction score
Memo to Baldy......talk dumb.....now look dumb .

Zman5

Reaction score
I wonder people defending him would feel the same way had his comments were about inciting domestic violence.

What if he had said "If the Eagles lose, I"m going home and beat the living crap out of my wife. I'd punch her in the face, kick her few times and drag her around the house by her hair. She would deserve it because she's a Cowboys fan. I'd recommend every Eagles fan do the same if their spouse is a Cowboys fan."

Would that be OK too since he was in "character" on the radio?

Last edited:

JDSmith

Reaction score
I wonder people defending him would feel the same way had his comments were about inciting domestic violence.

What if he had said "If the Eagles lose, I"m going home and beat the living crap out of my wife. I'd punch her in the face, kick her few times and drag her around the house by her hair. She would deserve it because she's a Cowboys fan. I'd recommend every Eagles fan do the same if their spouse is a Cowboys fan."

Would that be OK too since he was in "character" on the radio?

If he said he was going to do it that's one thing, he's in a position to follow through. That would be more akin to a coach putting out a bounty.

If he told me to do it I'd laugh at his idiotic comment, because he has no influence. So yes, if he said anybody with a Cowboys fan for a spouse should beat him/her up I'd treat it exactly the same way - and I'd say that a 6 month suspension is ludicrous.

If he told Cowboys fans to kill themselves is that attempted murder?