News: NFL Network suspends Brian Baldinger for suggesting bounty on Zeke

Zman5

Reaction score
If he said he was going to do it that's one thing, he's in a position to follow through. That would be more akin to a coach putting out a bounty.

If he told me to do it I'd laugh at his idiotic comment, because he has no influence. So yes, if he said anybody with a Cowboys fan for a spouse should beat him/her up I'd treat it exactly the same way - and I'd say that a 6 month suspension is ludicrous.

If he told Cowboys fans to kill themselves is that attempted murder?

I'm not saying just because he is suggesting assault or DV, he is guilty of those crime. If he was, 6 month suspension without pay would be a lite punishment.

My point is, there are certain things you can't say or do, working for a certain organization. Every company has a personal conduct policy that you must follow as an employee of that company.

DM and personal safety is a big issue for NFL right now. As an employee of NFL, you can't go around inciting DM or anything that jeopardizes player safety and think there won't be any repercussions.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'm not saying just because he is suggesting assault or DV, he is guilty of those crime. If he was, 6 month suspension without pay would be a lite punishment.

My point is, there are certain things you can't say or do, working for a certain organization. Every company has a personal conduct policy that you must follow as an employee of that company.

DM and personal safety is a big issue for NFL right now. As an employee of NFL, you can't go around inciting DM or anything that jeopardizes player safety and think there won't be any repercussions.

My point is, if he said those things as part of a bit on a radio show I wouldn't care. I have a strong grip on reality, I know the difference between real and fake. So if someone - and I mean anyone - said,'they should put a bounty on that guy' I would not be offended. If they were saying it about me I wouldn't be afraid. It was a stupid bit, nothing more or less. I heard the whole thing and was unimpressed.

Now I understand the league's logic, it's the same thing that always drives them. They want to look like they care about something, whether they do or not. It's the exact same way they treat domestic violence. Ray Rice gets 2 games until the video comes out. Josh Brown gets one game until the documents come out. Baldinger's mistake was making a public joke - and one that then got on the internet and I'm sure taken out of context. Yeah, what he said was stupid. But nobody with an ounce of sense actually believes that what he said would influence an Eagles player. The real problem is that at least 85% of the internet lacks that precious ounce of sense. And they knee jerked him right out of a job.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point is, if he said those things as part of a bit on a radio show I wouldn't care. I have a strong grip on reality, I know the difference between real and fake. So if someone - and I mean anyone - said,'they should put a bounty on that guy' I would not be offended. If they were saying it about me I wouldn't be afraid. It was a stupid bit, nothing more or less. I heard the whole thing and was unimpressed.

Now I understand the league's logic, it's the same thing that always drives them. They want to look like they care about something, whether they do or not. It's the exact same way they treat domestic violence. Ray Rice gets 2 games until the video comes out. Josh Brown gets one game until the documents come out. Baldinger's mistake was making a public joke - and one that then got on the internet and I'm sure taken out of context. Yeah, what he said was stupid. But nobody with an ounce of sense actually believes that what he said would influence an Eagles player. The real problem is that at least 85% of the internet lacks that precious ounce of sense. And they knee jerked him right out of a job.

Don't talk about "sense" and other people "lacking" it when you're posting this drivel. If anyone doesn't get it, it's you.

Zman5

Reaction score

Did you even listen to the audio? Nothing has been taken out of context. This has nothing to do with problem with internet.

There are some things you just can't say or do as an employee of an certain organization. You can make a same racial or homophobic comment. You may get a raise if you work for the KKK but get fired if you work for CNN.

It's about knowing your employers policies and what they are going to tolerate. If he was too stupid to not know better, he deserves what he got .

Swanny

Reaction score
Good.

You can't be a prominent member of the media and suggest these type of things. 6 months well deserved. Glad they didn't go easy on him.
I really don't have an issue with what he said. But when you work for the NFL you must be careful what you say regarding the NFL. The NFL does whatever it possibly can to control the message that there employees put out there and that message Baldinger put out there is not very family friendly. So I get why the NFL suspended him but I still don't think what he said is really All that bad.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Did you even listen to the audio? Nothing has been taken out of context. This has nothing to do with problem with internet.

There are some things you just can't say or do as an employee of an certain organization. You can make a same racial or homophobic comment. You may get a raise if you work for the KKK but get fired if you work for CNN.

It's about knowing your employers policies and what they are going to tolerate. If he was too stupid to not know better, he deserves what he got .

I did listen to the entire thing. I heard Gargano ask him to pretend he was talking to the team in the hotel to get them pumped up, I heard Baldinger's response. Sure it was stupid, and I fully understand the league suspending him. 6 months is way over the top. If they had any guts they would have simply fired him. They probably don't want to risk a wrongful termination suit though, so they're hoping he'll quit. Or they'll hoping that when everyone's panties get unbunched they can bring him back after a few weeks or a month, with the proper contrition from him of course.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I really don't have an issue with what he said. But when you work for the NFL you must be careful what you say regarding the NFL. The NFL does whatever it possibly can to control the message that there employees put out there and that message Baldinger put out there is not very family friendly. So I get why the NFL suspended him but I still don't think what he said is really All that bad.

You must be a terrible human being. What he said was practically word assault. I think Zeke should probably press charges, but he's likely afraid to come out. What if the bounty is still in effect?

VACowboy

Reaction score

85% of the internet didn't listen to the show. 85% of the internet read on Twitter or Facebook or some blog/message board that "Baldinger says the Eagles should put a bounty on Zeke Elliot." Baldinger has to know that anything he says is going to get taken out of context all over social media. If he's clueless enough to think that calling for a bounty on an NFL player isn't going to stir a nest full of hornets, regardless of context, he's too clueless to be working national sports anyway.

Just curious: why the outrage? A mediot being the victim for a change because he said something dumb that got blown out of proportion is hilarious as hell to me. Baldinger and his cohorts turn innocuous soundbites into world-wide **** storms ALL THE TIME.

wrongway

Reaction score
Wow.

Going to be interesting to see the reaction on 97.5 the Philly radio station. They worship him.
Great!! I saw him and the cuz at Tropicana for their radio show. Totally empty bar for those losers. Love it

ChipChip

Reaction score
They should, we did. And I, for one take pride in the role I played. Justice was done.

Congrats all around to this forum for raising this issue with BBs employer! Dangerous rhetoric used by this individual and I would concur that this is totally unacceptable behavior for a reporter who comments and possible could have influence on opposing team members.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Congrats all around to this forum for raising this issue with BBs employer! Dangerous rhetoric used by this individual and I would concur that this is totally unacceptable behavior for a reporter who comments and possible could have influence on opposing team members.
Well said indeed sir :clap:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good call ChipChip!

:welcome: To the forums.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Whenever it seems like there is the possibility that "Boys are back"...

People lose their frikkin minds,

I love It!