Twitter: NFL Passing Leaders Through Week 10

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Tied for 4th with 3 other guys, but yes Dak has definitely thrown more INTs this year than his norm. Of course, a 3 of the 9 INTs were in one game, and a couple others were hail Mary's that got picked off.
So of the nine INTs, three were drops by WRs, two were HMs, and one was s heat check in a game we had locked up?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cant blame Dak for losing games. The guy is flat out balling.

Wilson, Ravens, McCaffrey are my top 3.
This is what’s sad to me. I’m not one of these guys that just watches the Cowboys play. I try to watch other teams especially ones with good quarterback play. For whatever reason this team just makes things hard. I watch other teams play and guys tend to make things easy for their qb. Good field position all game, turnovers, solid coaching......

This team has to start from the 25 every play and has to play care free football because the defense doesn’t generate turnovers and special teams doesn’t help with field position. And oh yeah they will also spot the opposing teams 14 plus points and have the rest of the game to overcome it. Very unfortunate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tied for 4th with 3 other guys, but yes Dak has definitely thrown more INTs this year than his norm. Of course, a 3 of the 9 INTs were in one game, and a couple others were hail Mary's that got picked off.
Yeah they don’t want to tell the whole story on this.

I’m
Guessing this is why his QBR is so high because it takes this into account?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So of the nine INTs, three were drops by WRs, two were HMs, and one was s heat check in a game we had locked up?
I forgot about the drops - were there three of them?

Of course, he also had a few along the way that should have been intercepted that weren't. There was one Sunday. But, that happens with all QBs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah they don’t want to tell the whole story on this.

I’m
Guessing this is why his QBR is so high because it takes this into account?
I doubt QBR accounts for this, but I can't say I know that. I'm guessing the INTs are what is keeping his QBR from being at the same level as Wilson and Mahomes. That is the only individual stat where Dak notably lags behind those guys.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Come on QC, you know how that works. A bunch of pick are always partially someone elses fault.
But they usually get cancelled out by the dropped ints. I mean, there were three dropped picks just last game....two of which could of been picks sixes.

It all tends to even out.

As a whole, Dak is not a QB that you generally worry about as far a turnovers.
I guessing he will be better than a 2:1 ratio by season's end.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I forgot about the drops - were there three of them?

Of course, he also had a few along the way that should have been intercepted that weren't. There was one Sunday. But, that happens with all QBs.
I'll try to find a clip

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is the point of a heat check? I think he even said he threw one in the Miami game.

Dak mentioned the Giants heat check into double coverage with Tavon in top left corner of end zone.

Did Dak admit a Dolphin INT as a heat check?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is what’s sad to me. I’m not one of these guys that just watches the Cowboys play. I try to watch other teams especially ones with good quarterback play. For whatever reason this team just makes things hard. I watch other teams play and guys tend to make things easy for their qb. Good field position all game, turnovers, solid coaching......

This team has to start from the 25 every play and has to play care free football because the defense doesn’t generate turnovers and special teams doesn’t help with field position. And oh yeah they will also spot the opposing teams 14 plus points and have the rest of the game to overcome it. Very unfortunate.

At the end of the day, we just have a horribly coached team. The way Garrett runs the team is horrible. And his game day blunders you just don't see around the league from week to week.

The fair catch miscommunication error is a perfect example of the issues with the way he runs or doesn't run the team properly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He’s better than Winston at throwing to wide open guys behind an All-Pro studded line while handing off to an All-Pro back. I don’t see any strong evidence that he would still be in the league if he was drafted by the Buccaneers.
Let’s play a game, you count the offensive All-Pros that Dak has played with since 2016 and I’ll count the offensive All-Pros that Winston has had and whoever has the bigger number has to leave the board forever...
Did you see the O line? It wasn't All-Pro-ish.
Prescott was throwing darts on the run, pretty impressive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll try to find a clip
I remember one early in the season that bounced of Cobb and was picked off, and it seems maybe that happened with Gallup a few weeks ago. I'm kind of thinking it may have happened with Amari as well.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak mentioned the Giants heat check into double coverage with Tavon in top left corner of end zone.

Did Dak admit a Dolphin INT as a heat check?

I don't think he full on said heat check but he did say he got greedy on that pass.
He threw a heat check in the Philly game as well. What's the point of them? They don't really do much but mess up his stats and give the other team the ball...even if the win is a lock in that's not a good thing.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Come on QC, you know how that works. A bunch of pick are always partially someone elses fault.
But they usually get cancelled out by the dropped ints. I mean, there were three dropped picks just last game....two of which could of been picks sixes.

It all tends to even out.

As a whole, Dak is not a QB that you generally worry about as far a turnovers.
I guessing he will be better than a 2:1 ratio by season's end.

Tends to even out through tiers:

Inaccurate QBs will have the same amount of dropped INTs as other inaccurate QBs
Vice versa for accurate QBs

But noooooo, completely wrong on drops -> picks. When your receiving corp has the highest drop % in the league, your dropped pass -> INTs is naturally going to be higher and not even out. Especially when your WRs are capable of turning a ball that they are driving for and popping it up into the defenders hands who is standing.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I remember one early in the season that bounced of Cobb and was picked off, and it seems maybe that happened with Gallup a few weeks ago. I'm kind of thinking it may have happened with Amari as well.
Amari in GB on first drive

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don't think he full on said heat check but he did say he got greedy on that pass.
He threw a heat check in the Philly game as well. What's the point of them? They don't really do much but mess up his stats and give the other team the ball...even if the win is a lock in that's not a good thing.
You're right it was Philly not NYG

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are talking about another man being someone’s man crush Monday......then you talk about making another man feel inferior...is there something you’re trying to tell us?
I already told you but I'm not surprised you didn't understand it. You Dak fans are known for not understanding simple things.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

FOUND IT!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FOUND IT!

Thanks. Here's my take from this.

2019 Dak Prescott INTs …
2 throws into coverage - ill advised.
2 deflected - one Dak's fault, and one the receiver's fault.
2 that were good defensive reads. Still Dak's responsibility, but those things happen occasionally.
2 Hail Marys
1 throw where Dak and Gallup were not on the same page. Dak threw to a spot and Gallup turned the other way - unsure if Dak or Gallup was to blame.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Thanks. Here's my take from this.

2019 Dak Prescott INTs …
2 throws into coverage - ill advised.
2 deflected - one Dak's fault, and one the receiver's fault.
2 that were good defensive reads. Still Dak's responsibility, but those things are going to occasionally happen.
2 Hail Marys
1 throw where Dak and Gallup were not on the same page - unsure if Dak or Gallup was to blame.

The 3rd one on GB was the play where Gallup got mugged so Gallup stopped his route, and then there was no flag thrown.

Weren't three deflected?
Commanders
Cooper
Cobb near LOS