Twitter: NFL Passing Leaders Through Week 10

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I doubt QBR accounts for this, but I can't say I know that. I'm guessing the INTs are what is keeping his QBR from being at the same level as Wilson and Mahomes. That is the only individual stat where Dak notably lags behind those guys.
I thought I read it takes picks into QBR. Like if the pick is on the receiver it benefits the qb in his QBR?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I doubt QBR accounts for this, but I can't say I know that. I'm guessing the INTs are what is keeping his QBR from being at the same level as Wilson and Mahomes. That is the only individual stat where Dak notably lags behind those guys.
Wait what do you mean? Dak has the highest QBR in the league

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the end of the day, we just have a horribly coached team. The way Garrett runs the team is horrible. And his game day blunders you just don't see around the league from week to week.

The fair catch miscommunication error is a perfect example of the issues with the way he runs or doesn't run the team properly.
How he runs this team though is a product of Jerry.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The same people that are degrading Dak for the team being 5-4 would not praise Dak if the team were 9-0. There is nothing Dak can do to change the minds of people that don't like him. The goalposts will just keep getting moved.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 3rd one on GB was the play where Gallup got mugged so Gallup stopped his route, and then there was no flag thrown.

Weren't three deflected?
Commanders
Cooper
Cobb near LOS
Here's what I saw, in order …

1. Commanders game - pass well behind Cobb that Cobb deflected.
2. Miami game - Dak made an ill advised throw into coverage.
3. Saints game - Hail Mary at the end
4. Green Bay game - Cooper deflection - should have been caught
5. Green Bay game - DB made a good read in zone coverage.
6. Green Bay game - this is the one where I said Gallup and Dak weren't on the same page. I remembered after your comment that Gallup got mugged some on the play, so that may have been what caused him to not be where he was supposed to be.
7. Deep pass into the end zone to Tavon Austin. I might cut Dak a little slack if it had been Gallup who had a chance to go up for the ball, but as it was he threw into coverage to his shortest receiver.
8. Giants LB laid back and read the slant. Still, a mistake by Dak to not see him.
9. Hail Mary at the end of the Vikings game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I thought I read it takes picks into QBR. Like if the pick is on the receiver it benefits the qb in his QBR?
Doesn't benefit, but doesn''t benefit but doesnt dock.

But also takes into consideration situation. If the team has a 4.5% win chance % so the QB is forced to try for things they normally wouldn't it's not going to weigh a quarter as much as a INT thrown while tied in the 3rd quarter.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not by the NFL's rating system. Maybe the PFF rating?

You mean Passer rating. Which is a different stat than QBR.

I think that’s the confusion.

yes Dak’s ints most definitely negatively affect his passer rating. QBR not as much, at least the ints that were partially the receivers fault or on end of game hail Mary’s of which he has 2.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thanks. Here's my take from this.

2019 Dak Prescott INTs …
2 throws into coverage - ill advised.
2 deflected - one Dak's fault, and one the receiver's fault.
2 that were good defensive reads. Still Dak's responsibility, but those things happen occasionally.
2 Hail Marys
1 throw where Dak and Gallup were not on the same page. Dak threw to a spot and Gallup turned the other way - unsure if Dak or Gallup was to blame.
Kind of the normal breakdown with how ints transpire. A mixed bag