Twitter: NFL passing leaders through week 7 (top 5 may surprise some)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is evidence that passing yards is not the true mark of who are really the top QBs of the league. QBR is a far better way to compare QBs.

How is Kirk Cousins QBR last night only 60.4 for 23-26 for 285 last night? What a garbage metric!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dak is good as long as he doesnt get a lot of pressure. Too much pressure and hits, and his qbr goes way down.
His pass completion % has been good most of the games though. That helps his rating.
That sounds like every quarterback in the league lol. What quarterback gets better the more he gets hit?

Reactions: CWR

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
brady has been mediocre this year. the patriots are insane, specifically their defense.

My point to the troll I was responding too was that even though he lost his center before the season, his left tackle right off the bat and then his right tackle as well as his HOF TE and top tier WR he has managed to get himself in the top ten in total yards and top ten in QBR.

The troll asserted that "even Brady needs..." and I was pointing out to him that Brady is still able to function at a top ten level in spite of those deficiencies on offense.

So, while obviously the better the supporting cast the better the individual performance, Brady has still lead the Pat's to an undefeated record with the same or even more loss of support than sunk our QB the last two seasons.

The troll I was responding too used the lack of support excuse heavily to excuse Dak's troubles and was trying to apply it here to Brady. Apparently not understanding that Brady, while not performing at the standard we are accustomed to, is still getting it done at a top ten level compared to his peers, using multiple metrics.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That sounds like every quarterback in the league lol. What quarterback gets better the more he gets hit?
Some go down in performance metrics more than others.

They start hearing footsteps.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, he didn't. Thats not how Brady handles his business. He isnt peyton manning. He doesn't throw his teammates under the bus.

He didnt throw anyone under the bus. Brady has said all season long how they are struggling on offense.

Maybe you should watch the news a little more. Or comment less on things you dont know about.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
stats, for when winning isnt expected, you can talk stats and ignore other facts.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Huh lol? And how did you come to who copes
Better than others lol?
Huh? lol
You seriously think every QB is the same with regards to their physical and mental ability to handle pressure?

Rodgers handles pressure with the same ability as Brady?

Some QB's don't "see ghosts" while others keep their eyes downfield, fighting to make a play?

Our own #12 and #9 weren't known for their sometimes uncanny ability to avoid the rush and make a play?

Come on man.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Do you have statistics to show who does and who doesn't... Or are you just throwing hyperbole at how Dak responds?
See above.

You don't need any hyperbole from me. That has been a knock on Dak throughout his entire football career. Been discussed ad nauseam here.

You don't remember the endless discussion about how unfair it was for Dak to be compared to the top guns because he he had to play without his starting left tackle?

I didn't enter this thread to knock Dak. I couldn't resist pointing out to the troll I initially responded to how clueless he was. He was one of the main characters excusing Dak because he had to play without his starting LT one season then LT and C the next. He then suggested that playing without the LT, RT and C was affecting Brady to the same degree which is idiotic.

Affected? Of course. Still top 10 in passing metrics? You bet ya.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Huh? lol
You seriously think every QB is the same with regards to their physical and mental ability to handle pressure?

Rodgers handles pressure with the same ability as Brady?

Some QB's don't "see ghosts" while others keep their eyes downfield, fighting to make a play?

Our own #12 and #9 weren't known for their sometimes uncanny ability to avoid the rush and make a play?

Come on man.
I’m just curious to how you came to this. I guess it’s just the eye test huh?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So you are saying that in your experience you have observed that QB's are essentially the same when it comes to the mental and physical attributes required of dealing with pressure?

You are saying that the ability to deal with pressure is never analyzed and documented in scouting reports or other evaluations?

You are saying that Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo were the same when it came to escaping the rush and making a play?

You are saying that even outside of football some don't stand out above others when it comes to reacting to pressure situations?

Wow!