NFL: Roster Cuts to 53 Tracker

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Ex Bear - Major Wright cut by bucs.

I'd take him in a second if he were available to us. Send Jakar packing.

Started the last 3 seasons for Chicago, 9 INTs, 200+ tackles during that time. Only 26. You can't tell me Heath is better than him.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I knew we should have kept Marvin Austin. We need to stop excepting players we bring in for a game to produce.

Kevin Vickerson (Denver Broncos): The defensive tackle started 25 games for the defending AFC champions over the last two seasons. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport notes that the Broncos love pickup Marvin Austin. Vickerson's release is a sign the Broncos are deeper on defense than previous years.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I knew we should have kept Marvin Austin. We need to stop excepting players we bring in for a game to produce.

Kevin Vickerson (Denver Broncos): The defensive tackle started 25 games for the defending AFC champions over the last two seasons. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport notes that the Broncos love pickup Marvin Austin. Vickerson's release is a sign the Broncos are deeper on defense than previous years.

yea, our management "loves" a lot of our pick ups that we later quietly put back down.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Anybody but Hayden, that guy is one of the worst lineman I have seen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd take him in a second if he were available to us. Send Jakar packing.

Started the last 3 seasons for Chicago, 9 INTs, 200+ tackles during that time. Only 26. You can't tell me Heath is better than him.

Does he have a health issue? The Bucs run the same scheme. Surprised he's not in their top 5 Safeties.

He started 15 of 15 games in 2013.

davey999

Reaction score
Broaddus keeps tweeting that management likes Bishop andColeman, but didn't these 2 guys get smoked in the pre season?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Broaddus keeps tweeting that management likes Bishop andColeman, but didn't these 2 guys get smoked in the pre season?

These guys are not ready for primetime, I think only Coleman can play some snaps right now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

yea, our management "loves" a lot of our pick ups that we later quietly put back down.
Austin had serious back issue when he was last in Dallas. Had surgery on a disk and something dealing with stenosis.

Austin played on until last Nov. 3, when he was warming up for the Cowboys' game against the Minnesota Vikings.

"I couldn't stand up. It felt like I didn't have enough space in my back to stand up," Austin said. "I felt like I was going to go until it breaks. We were warming up, and next thing, I was telling (assistant) Coach (Rod) Marinelli, 'I don't know if I'm going to be able to go,' because I didn't want to hurt the team, and I definitely didn't want to get my chest rammed through and be paralyzed messing with Adrian Peterson.

"Then the doctors did an MRI, and they were like, 'No, you can't go, you need surgery,' and I just cried my eyes out, man. I knew my career was over -- being a second-round pick, being cut, and then coming back to that situation, it was over with for me in my mind."

He had a discectomy and a laminotomy, all in his lower back. Part of a disc was removed.

"The disc was probably four centimeters big, and they said it was the biggest disc they'd seen at that level and they didn't understand how I was still walking," said Austin. "So I could have been paralyzed and I played with that for two years. And then they took out some of the bone in my spine to open up my spinal canal, because I was born with a little bit of stenosis."
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...tter-Now/5352fb90-d8e3-4ac4-b66d-37d039fcad83

DFWJC

Reaction score

Rookies.

You have to evaluate brand new NFL players on a curve and estimate the upside. They are nowhere near the players now that they could be by year three.
I don't know if they'll keep both on the 53, but I kind of assume at least one sticks.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing if Ed Reynolds could be developed over Heath now that the the Matt Johnson experiment is over

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Coleman showed the ability to penetrate but was often not good against the run. Part of that is Marinelli's scheme caused the 3-tech DT to be out of place against the run often. The LBs didn't fill as required.

Bishop was good against the run. He was probably better than Hayden and has much much more upside than Hayden. Bishop also shows some ability to penetrate which Hayden cannot.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coleman showed the ability to penetrate but was often not good against the run. Part of that is Marinelli's scheme caused the 3-tech DT to be out of place against the run often. The LBs didn't fill as required.

Bishop was good against the run. He was probably better than Hayden and has much much more upside than Hayden. Bishop also shows some ability to penetrate which Hayden cannot.

Would the defense be any worse off if Bishop started over Hayden?

Maybe not.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Denver cut Ihencho, S.
Safety Duke Ihenacho, who started 14 games for the Broncos in 2013, has not made the cut in 2014.
Ihenacho led their defensive backs a year ago with 72 tackles.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would the defense be any worse off if Bishop started over Hayden?

Maybe not.

Bishop might be better, IMO. Bishop continued to improve with each preseason game played. He and Coleman probably played the most snaps of anybody on the team this preseason.

davey999

Reaction score
Rookies.

You have to evaluate brand new NFL players on a curve and estimate the upside. They are nowhere near the players now that they could be by year three.
I don't know if they'll keep both on the 53, but I kind of assume at least one sticks.

I get that, but our vets aren't healthy.

If the idea is to throw the season away, then, then we shouldn't be trading extra draft picks to move up.