NFL: Roster Cuts to 53 Tracker

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, he might be an average to better SDE in time. I've seen him play. He's inconsistent with his effort IMO.

I can see the Giants not being a good fit for him. They generally want big, strong DTs and he's probably not fast enough for what they want at DE.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I read that the Falcons released MLB Pat Angerer. I thought he might have been worth a look a few weeks ago. But it's possible that he's struggling to return from microfracture surgery.

Yea I was looking at him too. Right now he seem like an upgrade to who we have but he may not be healthy.

lostar2009

Reaction score

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yeah they thinking hard on him. If he is cut do you think we will be able to win the claim on him in via waivers?

watching some NFL channel yesterday the general consensus was that westbrooks was the better player and SAM a situational pass rusher w/o any special teams ability.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
watching some NFL channel yesterday the general consensus was that westbrooks was the better player and SAM a situational pass rusher w/o any special teams ability.

I saw that also. Wonder what our interest level would be.

lostar2009

Reaction score

May be a young Selieve. His game can be polish up some but I'm looking for either run stuffers or pass rushers. Sam could come in on rush situations .

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I saw that also. Wonder what our interest level would be.

well i think we'd take a chance on westbrooks but given we had 18 7th round picks and didn't take sam, i just don't think we're interested for whatever reason. just not sure westbrooks would slide to us.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I can see the Giants not being a good fit for him. They generally want big, strong DTs and he's probably not fast enough for what they want at DE.

I agree. He's more of a SDE who is going to get you maybe 4-6 sacks at best. He might be a 3 if he gets stronger and learns to be consistent.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The question needs to be on those guys.

Is Kelcy Quarles better than Bishop, Coleman?
Is Sam (if he's released) better than Boatright, Dartwan Bush? (I like Bush):D
Same for Westbrooks(if he's released) doubt it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. He's more of a SDE who is going to get you maybe 4-6 sacks at best. He might be a 3 if he gets stronger and learns to be consistent.

He seems like Tyrone Crawford + 15 pounds.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Devon Still cut by the Bengals, I'd take a shot on him

seems like another injury type player but i could be wrong.

A third-year Bengals and NFL player for 2014, Still played played in defensive line rotation for 10 games in ’13 and could see a more significant role ... His ’13 season was affected by injuries, as he missed four games due to elbow injury suffered Oct. 20 at Detroit and final two regular-season games after suffering a herniated disc in practice on Dec. 18 ... Placed on Reserve/Injured list prior to Wild Card Playoff ...Cousin of two NFL All-Pro defenders, DE Art Still (Kansas City) and LB Levon Kirkland

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Eagles waived the following 19 players: Linebacker Emmanuel Acho, offensive lineman Josh Andrews, running back Kenjon Barner (waived/injured), cornerback Roc Carmichael, tackle Kevin Graf, kicker Alex Henery, wide receiver Damaris Johnson, safety Keelan Johnson, running back Henry Josey, linebacker Josh Kaddu, defensive tackle Wade Keliikipi, quarterback G.J. Kinne, cornerback Curtis Marsh, wide receiver Ifeanyi Momah, wide receiver Will Murphy, wide receiver Quron Pratt, safety Ed Reynolds, defensive tackle Damion Square and running back Matthew Tucker.

davey999

Reaction score
What did Bishop do in pre season to earn a spot? He's a JAG.