Twitter: NFL season expected to be expanded to 17 games this week

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just take 4 weeks off after the Super Bowl and get things going again. Add a Wednesday game. Maybe add a fifth “quarter.” Or, just leave well enough alone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Did the NFL add another bye week? They need to give players another week off if they are serious about safety. Greed is what led to 17 games. The owners talk safety for players but only after they have added more cash in their registers along with the likelihood of more injuries. Greed rules.

2 preseason games, 18 game season, 2 bye weeks - the CFL went to that years ago. Some guys playing in that league make less than me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Will this game be played before Labor Day. The NFL has traditionally always not had its first regular season game until after Labor Day.

I’m assuming it will be since they are reducing preseason games. Otherwise they’d have to add it January.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will this game be played before Labor Day. The NFL has traditionally always not had its first regular season game until after Labor Day.

I’m assuming it will be since they are reducing preseason games. Otherwise they’d have to add it January.

Another reason they did not play before labor day, was that weekend before, was the start of the college season, and some teams played on Sunday and Monday night. They did not want to take away from that. But now they may have to reconsider that.

MiddleStar

Reaction score

No games before Labor Day. Start the season the same week as usual. SuperBowls will be pushed back into February. Still only one bye week and a bye week before the SuperBowl, the week the Pro Bowl will be played.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
No games before Labor Day. Start the season the same week as usual. SuperBowls will be pushed back into February. Still only one bye week and a bye week before the SuperBowl, the week the Pro Bowl will be played.

Week 1: 9/12 Week 12: 11/28

Week 2: 9/19 Week 13: 12/5

Week 3: 9/26 Week 14: 12/12

Week 4: 10/3 Week 15: 12/19

Week 5: 10/10 Week 16: 12/26

Week 6: 10/17 Week 17: 1/2

Week 7: 10/24 Week 18: 1/9

Week 8: 10/31 Wilcard: 1/16

Week 9: 11/7 Division: 1/23

Week 10: 11/14 Conference: 1/30

Week 11: 11/21 Pro Bowl: 2/6

Super Bowl: 2/13

75boyz

Reaction score
We will smoke the Patriots. They have no answer for Jake McQuaide.

Smoke the Patriots? I'm talkin' the '72 Dolphins ain't gonna be lifting no more champagne glasses after this year!
20-0!!

DAK to the Future!!

Led by Mayor McCheese Belicheck and Rayne Dakota Brady these people have no idea of what's about to hit 'em...

PAIN!!

I'm sticking with 6-11 actually but it was a good hype scenario.

I mean Jerry would have liked it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hate change. Just talking about 10-7 and 9-8 seasons makes me hurl. Not to mention what this does to season stats.
I have a fix for that, let each team drop 1 loss from their record at end of season.
They would first have to drop a non conf loss, if they won all those games then a conf loss but not a div loss.
if they won all but div games, then they can drop a div loss.
If they went 17-0 they could drop any one of the wins they want.

That would take care of stats , and keep final records the same.