Twitter: NFL season expected to be expanded to 17 games this week

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did the NFL add another bye week? They need to give players another week off if they are serious about safety. Greed is what led to 17 games. The owners talk safety for players but only after they have added more cash in their registers along with the likelihood of more injuries. Greed rules.
Well bob this is probably why they got so much in the tv contracts, they said there would be extra games.
That means more income for the tv networks too, and the players benefit by the cap going up, which means bigger paychecks for them, at least
some of them lol.
And they dont really care about player safety lol.

but I had the same thought, they need 2 bye weeks for teams, starting week 6 thru week 12.
Half the teams should have a bye week , week 6 then the other half week 7. Then same thing for weeks 12 and 13. That would make bye weeks
more fair for each team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The voting members are never going to vote against more revenue. 17 games are as good as done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Disagree it hurts player safety, not as much as many think.

Why would fans care about player safety when it comes to playing games? These cry babies get paid plenty of money. I do like the idea of an extra buy week. They are already taking off a preseason game are they not?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The most recent research about head injuries shows that repeated collisions, even those that don’t cause an immediate concussion, have a cumulative effect on brain trauma. Adding a 17th game will have consequences for players safety.

I love football as much as anyone, but I was against adding any extra games for safety reasons. I believe this additional game will eventually cut some players careers shorter by a year or two over time.

Do you have a brother that plays pro ball or something? Why would you care?

Players complaining about having to play one more game is ridiculous. So for 10 million they cant play one more game?

Plenty of ways to handle players safety if its really a big deal. Teams can handle it any way they want. Play less snaps per game, less preseason games, let a player take a week off, ect...ect.....

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Kwyn

Reaction score

Players complaining about having to play one more game is ridiculous. So for 10 million they cant play one more game?

Plenty of ways to handle players safety if its really a big deal. Teams can handle it any way they want. Play less snaps per game, less preseason games, let a player take a week off, ect...ect.....

Those all sound like great ways to improve what we see on the field!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those all sound like great ways to improve what we see on the field!
They should have thought of that before they decided to take out two a days, goal line drills and limiting pads and practice overall. These clowns get 6 months off and only have to show up for 17 games.

they need to add more roster spots.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ok, why would you care that I care about player safety? Lol! Do you have a brother that’s an owner? (Just pulling your chain)

Seriously, I do care about the safety of players because they’re humans like anyone else, not gladiators. Yes they are paid well, but their careers are 100% based on their physical ability to perform. Adding additional playing time to that is going to undoubtedly shorten some careers.

Besides, adding games to an NFL season does not necessarily mean a better season. One the articles I linked earlier said there were a few owners who were against adding games because they felt it was messing with a formula that was working.

The NBA, NHL and MLB have all continued with the same number of games for over 60 years, partly out of safety, but also because it has been a good formula that has worked for all involved. Both the NBA and NHL have talked about reducing their games from 82 to 70 for players safety reasons. Adding games to the most physical of professional sports, especially in light of all the medical research about continual helmet to helmet contact and what it does to the brain is foolish to me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok, why would you care that I care about player safety? Lol! Do you have a brother that’s an owner? (Just pulling your chain)

Seriously, I do care about the safety of players because they’re humans like anyone else, not gladiators. Yes they are paid well, but their careers are 100% based on their physical ability to perform. Adding additional playing time to that is going to undoubtedly shorten some careers.

Besides, adding games to an NFL season does not necessarily mean a better season. One the articles I linked earlier said there were a few owners who were against adding games because they felt it was messing with a formula that was working.

The NBA, NHL and MLB have all continued with the same number of games for over 60 years, partly out of safety, but also because it has been a good formula that has worked for all involved. Both the NBA and NHL have talked about reducing their games from 82 to 70 for players safety reasons. Adding games to the most physical of professional sports, especially in light of all the medical research about continual helmet to helmet contact and what it does to the brain is foolish to me.

Reducing the preseason games and replacing with real games makes sense. We’re talking one more game.

Take out two preseason games, add one regular season game and add another buy week. Then add 10 roster spots. Better overall in my opinion.