NFL suspends former K Josh Brown 6 games

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Obviously belated CYA by the NFL. :rolleyes:

But I thought they wouldn't suspend Brown because Mara is Goodell's buddy, and they're conspiring against the Cowboys?

And this new suspension hurts Mara and the Giants how? Brown is no longer post of the Giants so they don't care. This act does nothing to change the conspiracy narrative.... which I believe is highly likely.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wow, I thought this was a joke post. Is this for real? If you made this stuff up no one would believec you.

Did they try to even bother giving a reason?

Or is it just New York arrogance assuming that hee haw Texas judge won't notice how ludicrous this move is?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Wow, I thought this was a joke post. Is this for real? If you made this stuff up no one would believec you.

Did they try to even bother giving a reason?

Or is it just New York arrogance assuming that hee haw Texas judge won't notice how ludicrous this move is?
They don't need a reason. They used the same logic they used to suspend Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown isn't even on a team right now. He doesn't show up on a 'current player' search at NFL.com, only under 'historical player'.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshbrown/2505459/profile

So they've essentially announced six more games suspended for a guy who might not ever even kick a ball in the NFL ever again.

What a total joke.

"Might not?"

His career is long over, and everyone knows it. Just like every other player involved with the stigma of domestic violence.

I won't be surprised if they go back and "fix" Greg Harry's suspension to 6 games now too.

:omg:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
"Might not?"

His career is long over, and everyone knows it. Just like every other player involved with the stigma of domestic violence.

I won't be surprised if they go back and "fix" Greg Harry's suspension to 6 games now too.

:omg:
They probably read the Cowboy Zone for ideas. Expect it to happen any minute now. lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Too little, too late NFL. Josh Brown will never play another game in the NFL anyway. What effect does this have in the way of discipline? This is the proverbial tree that fell in the woods that nobody saw or heard... did it really happen? In effect, it did not... even though you are attempting to play your mulligan now. FOUL FOUL FOUL! I pray the Texas judge and any other future judge sees this for the keystone cops move that it is. It's been applicably said but deserves to be repeated ad nauseam... "can't make this stuff up." :facepalm:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-back-and-suspends-josh-brown-six-more-games/

NFL circles back and suspends Josh Brown six more games
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 8, 2017, 6:31 AM EDT
187146959-e1504866616175.jpg

Getty Images

One of the recent criticisms of the NFL during its recent Ezekiel Elliott investigation/suspension was a lack of consistency, after the Cowboys running back got a six-game punishment the year after Giants kicker Josh Brown got one.

The NFL has taken a retroactive step to remedy that.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, the NFL has suspended the former Giants kicker six more games for violating its personal conduct policy, for domestic violence.

Of course, Brown’s career was probably over anyway, as he’s a kicker, and the Giants parted ways with him after last year’s one-game suspension. (Even though, you know, they signed him to a contract extension with knowledge of the allegations of abuse by his ex-wife.)

Plankton

Reaction score
Let me see if I have this straight - an organization being sued by an employee, with an accusation of acting in an arbitrary and capricious manner, in an effort to refute these charges, acts in an arbitrary and capricious manner on another issue?

Only in Goodell's NFL.

Sage3030

Reaction score
The NFL are idiots. They lost in court by doing this exact same thing to Ray Rice. They do not learn.