NFL suspends former K Josh Brown 6 games

mmohican29

Reaction score
LOL

... Everyday, something new and unusual from the band of idiots in NY. If this isn't the most transparent action in history I don't know what is.

I believe the NFL is in real hot water here. I once thought that Zeke would eventually sit for 6 games. I have a new opinion today.

They are going to outright lose the Elliott case.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I think this is Goodell giving the NFLPA and Zeke his middle finger. He's so confident in his power, this is just to poke them one time, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Swanny

Reaction score
LOL

... Everyday, something new and unusual from the band of idiots in NY. If this isn't the most transparent action in history I don't know what is.

I believe the NFL is in real hot water here. I once thought that Zeke would eventually sit for 6 games. I have a new opinion today.

They are going to outright lose the Elliott case.
I agree. I think this action clearly helps Zekes case. I mean seriously how much more corrupt (probably wrong word to use but who cares) can the NFL get. It's getting comical. It really makes me wonder why I love this game so much. I love football, I love my cowboys but I despise the NFL. I'm more excited to watch my local high school football game tonight than I am about the NFL being back this week. It's sad.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
so how does this hurt Zeke's case? calling CowboysZone Law Crew

I'm assuming now that Kessler/NLFPA can't point to the difference in number of games suspended for Zeke (6) vs. Brown (1) and use the unfairness angle anymore?

Seems way too coincidental on the timing of the suspension.. why a year later? why right in the middle of another DV case?

logan

Reaction score
Why not just make it a million games
How about a billion?

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
This was done in an attempt to control perception. Someone could have said White kicker = 1 game. Black running back = 6 games... NFL is retrospectively punishing in order to correct perception. Thus, White Kicker = 7 games. Black running back = 6 games. "See we aren't racist." What a clown show this has become. Is Josh Brown even on a team?

Beyond the perceived perception (oxymoron to say).....how about keeping it 100

Domestic Violence
Harsh & clear evidence; hotel intervention, and guilt admittance: 1 game
Questions, law enforcement assessment, contradiction, investigator doubt : 6 game

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Mike and Mike were discussing how there is no new evidence since the original suspension. Which obviously destroys any double trouble law lol.

What a complete **** show Goodell and the league office had become.

So the question is why if it is a 6 game minimum did he only get 1 game?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
so how does this hurt Zeke's case? calling CowboysZone Law Crew

I'm assuming now that Kessler/NLFPA can't point to the difference in number of games suspended for Zeke (6) vs. Brown (1) and use the unfairness angle anymore?

Seems way too coincidental on the timing of the suspension.. why a year later? why right in the middle of another DV case?

It helps it, and is the NFL signaling they expect to lose.

BUT, going forward, they'll have their fairness precedent.

"we suspended josh brown 6 games for DV"
"we suspended zeke 6 games for DV"
"X player is now suspended 6 games for DV"

robjay04

Reaction score
I know the NFLPA/Josh Brown are not going to fight this but didn't the NFL already get burned for increasing a suspension with the Ray Rice case?

Not sure I understand the benefit from a legal prospective if that's the case. This may just give the NFLPA/Kessler more ammo.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I agree. I think this action clearly helps Zekes case. I mean seriously how much more corrupt (probably wrong word to use but who cares) can the NFL get. It's getting comical. It really makes me wonder why I love this game so much. I love football, I love my cowboys but I despise the NFL. I'm more excited to watch my local high school football game tonight than I am about the NFL being back this week. It's sad.
Agreed.... I think this actually helps Zeke. I mean the game is bulletproof. I think we all compartmentalize the action on the field and the bureaucracy of the NFL offices in NYC. It's the game most of us grew up loving as kids playing in the backyard and idolizing our sports hero's. The NFL is abusing the corporate giant its become and has completely fumbled its policies.