NFL suspends former K Josh Brown 6 games

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Sing this along to Public Enemy's 911 is a joke

Verse
Goodell barely suspended a Kicker a long time ago
But the just suspended him again about an hour ago.
Seems they want to be bring Dallas' boy 22 down
But they forgot they only slapped the wrist of Mara's boy Brown
Trying to play judge jury executioner and Bails bond broker
Harvey Two Face and more paint on his face than the Joker
Running wild and controlling the house at night.
Watch those cockroaches scurry when We turn on the light

Chorus
Get up and Get Get Get down
The NFL is a joke and Goodell is a Clown
Get up and Get Get Get down
The NFl is a joke and Goodell is a Clown
If I could give you five stars I would!
:dance:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Has there ever been a more obvious admission of guilt than this desperate attempt to appear fair and impartial? Do they think these judges are 5 year olds?
I heard this tactic on a story about certain leaders and dicatators. Their brazen lies are part of bullying tactic to try to render any who oppose insignificant. They're fully aware almost everyone knows they're lying and it's a major part of their strategy.

robjay04

Reaction score
They're not spending the money on a retired kicker. They are spending it for players that will have to go through this in the future. I think having both cases under Mazzant simultaneously would reinforce the the unfairness of the NFL in the judge's mind.

But I doubt Brown would agree to pursue it. In fact, the NFL may have offered this to Brown in return for giving him another chance in the league once the suspension is over. Don't be surprised if he gets a call from an NFL team that isn't happy with their kicker at some point this season.

I would assume the suspension doesn't start until he is on a roster.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I mean anyone with common sense can see what the NFL did here. This is a pure reaction and legal move brought about by the fact they feel they didn't do well in Texas court.

Of course they will claim it's all part of their ongoing investigation but it most certainly is not. They are trying to close up some holes in their legal argument. Hopefully, too little, too late for them.

I don't know the law like others here, but if I were a judge that just heard the NFLPA case and then the NFL did this on the day I was likely to issue my ruling, that would not play well with me.

Judges won't fall for it and it actually gives Kessler a prime example of the games and unfairness going on in the league office.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes. His suspension doesn't begin until he is actually in the league. Which wasn't happening anyway. Which makes this smoke show nothing more than a lawyering stunt.
Not what I'm reading...

Corso

Reaction score
How can they do that? That is special treatment. How do you sit out games when you aren't even on a roster? This is a non punishment. Do the Giants need a kicker? That would explain it.
They're like children in those old Gamera movies. They're moronic, annoying and do anything they want.

Carson

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Was there a rumor that the Cowboys were thinking of signing Josh Brown to contract and the NFL wanted to put the kibosh on it? :confused:

No.

This is a CYA for the NFL. Now the can justify Zeke being suspended 6 games for DV because they did the same with Brown.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
How can they do that? That is special treatment. How do you sit out games when you aren't even on a roster? This is a non punishment. Do the Giants need a kicker? That would explain it.
It's like suspending Junior Galette while he's on IR

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I just saw that report about the suspension starting immediately, too (without him having to be a member of a team). Not sure if it's legit. If it is they are going against established precedent and again making it up as they go along. Color me shocked.

Corso

Reaction score
I just saw that report about the suspension starting immediately, too (without him having to be a member of a team). Not sure if it's legit. If it is they are going against established precedent and again making it up as they go along. Color me shocked.
I'd like to see the color of Shocked.