NFL Thursday Night Preseason Games Thread

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I am not quite I understand your perspective.

I don't see much about Fitzpatrick being all that around here.

But then again, maybe I am not looking for it.
There have been numerous posters over the past few months that have talked about Fitz like he’s the boogeyman. I think they’re in the minority, but there have been quite a few.

Reactions: CWR

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Didn't see any of Mac Jones' play. Hilarious that some posters are touting him as great and then you post his weak stats. Must be a thin line between great and garbage :)
You Dak stans are pitiful

Typical though. Looking at the box score instead of analyzing what’s actually going on…

His head coach didnt challenge an incompletion, a WR dropped a nice pass from him in the end-zone, and he showed excellent accuracy throughout.

Keep box-score watching though :thumbup:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Typical though. Looking at the box score instead of analyzing what’s actually going on…

His head coach didnt challenge an incompletion, a WR dropped a nice pass from him in the end-zone, and he showed excellent accuracy throughout.

What is a Dak stan?

Just like last Thursday, posters here said player x was garbage and other posters were saying just the opposite. Quite hilarious. Some people watch the game differently.

Eanwen

Reaction score
What is a Dak stan?

Just like last Thursday, posters here said player x was garbage and other posters were saying just the opposite. Quite hilarious. Some people watch the game differently.

Here's Mr. Accurate's every pass:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What does any of this have to do with Dak? You and others, have Dak in your mouths, no matter the topic. Jones looked like a rookie getting his first taste of NFL football; nothing more, nothing less.

Creeper

Reaction score
Wow, that Watkins guy on the Eagles has some serious speed. Flacco dumps it off and he runs away from the defense for 78 yard TD.

He ran a 4.35 at the combine before the 2020 draft. Legit speedster. I wanted the Cowboys to pick him on day 3.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hurts 3/7 for 54 yards
Gilbert 9/13 for 104 yards

But yeah....they are looking ok. Washington is looking ok too.
the fans in here try to use any and every moment to trash our own team,..

last i looked Steelers stepped all over the eagles..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
87 yards on 19 attempts is garbage.

Now’s the time for rookies to sling it and learn what they can and can’t get away with. Instead, Mac Jones played scared and without a hint of aggression.

In the short-passing game?

Now is the time for rookies to sling it? According to whom? Not Bill Belichick.
Slinging it causes turnovers. He'd be on the bench if he were slinging it and turning the ball over.

This was a preseason game. Mac is playing with scrubs, who also aren't going to break many tackles.
What a coach likely wants to see from a quarterback is his poise in the pocket, can he go through his progressions and can he get the ball out of his hands quickly.

I watched the game. For a rookie, Mac Jones looked pretty good. Of course, that is highly skewed based on the level of players he had to face as well as guys on his own offense who might not be there when the season starts, as well as the fact he's not going up against complicated defensive schemes.

But ... if the Patriots are looking for encouraging signs, Mac's first outing was a good one.

Evaluate preseason games for what they're worth.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What is a Dak stan?

Stan: an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.

Dak “stans” make it a habit to run to the box score to defend him, instead of actually analyzing what happened in the game. Instead of actually watching Mac Jones and taking in to consideration the fact that he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, it was his first action, he made some impressive throws, new england typically runs a short-passing attack, you decided to look at the his end-numbers to tell the story.

shameful