NFL Thursday Night Preseason Games Thread

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stan: an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.

Dak “stans” make it a habit to run to the box score to defend him, instead of actually analyzing what happened in the game. Instead of actually watching Mac Jones and taking in to consideration the fact that he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, it was his first action, he made some impressive throws, new england typically runs a short-passing attack, you decided to look at the his end-numbers to tell the story.

shameful
the shame is on both of you all ..stans and haters

our qb while you may not like him should be supported by fans, no need to hate him or talk him up how bout ride thr fence and hope for success.

BTW dont be blinded Mac had starters his entire first series and was stated as much on national tv that BB is wantign to see if MJ can be the hater because cam is actual trash

fact Daks better then Mac at this point and was the moment he helped in 13-3 ROTY campaign..lets see mac have rookie season like that..it was impressive for 4th string 4th round pick..he took Romos job mostly by default ie health but really he played better then most rookie first rounders..

you can support your players and coaches because they are our team right not but also not over or undersell them..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Dak “stans” make it a habit to run to the box score to defend him, instead of actually analyzing what happened in the game. Instead of actually watching Mac Jones and taking in to consideration the fact that he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, it was his first action, he made some impressive throws, new england typically runs a short-passing attack, you decided to look at the his end-numbers to tell the story.

shameful

Ha ha. I’m a Dak Stan? That is really hilarious. Not even in your wildest hallucination.

Box scores can provide a lot of info. Just as watching his every throw which someone posted. Just as you say with context and it being his first game and OC Josh Daniels and his short passing attack.

I agree Mac Jones looked the part all things considered for his first action. He can make throws and read defenses and go through his progressions against 2nd stringers in a friendly check down offense. Step one complete. Step two is against the 1st stringers. Step 3 is mobility and flushed from the pocket and under duress. Step 4 is reading complicated defenses.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I watched to Washington-New England game and was struck by how well-coached they were Their backups played disciplined football on both sides of the ball.
In comparison to the Cowboys’ backups that often looked like a Chinese fire-drill out there. Just a bunch of guys running around chasing a football.
I understand that pre-season is often about personnel evaluation rather than team evaluation, but since most of the roster is already determined, the major focus of pre-season should be on assignment detail and discipline. Sloppy play, even by backups in a pre-season game, is a poor reflection on the head coach.

Carson

Reaction score
I watched to Washington-New England game and was struck by how well-coached they were Their backups played disciplined football on both sides of the ball.
In comparison to the Cowboys’ backups that often looked like a Chinese fire-drill out there. Just a bunch of guys running around chasing a football.
I understand that pre-season is often about personnel evaluation rather than team evaluation, but since most of the roster is already determined, the major focus of pre-season should be on assignment detail and discipline. Sloppy play, even by backups in a pre-season game, is a poor reflection on the head coach.
It’s been this way for years.

We typically play well the first half only to see us dominated in the 2nd half.

Expect more of the same tonight. First team will dominate

Nav22

Reaction score

shameful
Those who are paid to know the sport (NFL coaches, execs and scouts) believe Dak’s the 7th-best QB in football, based on a poll of 50 of them this offseason.

You know better though.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BTW dont be blinded Mac had starters his entire first series and was stated as much on national tv that BB is wantign to see if MJ can be the hater because cam is actual trash

I'm pretty sure this is a mistake. I would like to know what you actually meant. Thanks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think Hurts looked good. He has a lot of weapons now actually. Tons of speed on that offense.

I like Hurts, but I fear he's going to be a poor-man's Dak. He is a tremendous athlete, but he is not a great passer with high efficiency. When the games get tougher, it will be easier to game plan him.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

shameful
Stupid term I’ve never heard of. Thank God.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like Hurts, but I fear he's going to be a poor-man's Dak. He is a tremendous athlete, but he is not a great passer with high efficiency. When the games get tougher, it will be easier to game plan him.

Sure, whatever you say.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Sure, whatever you say.
I've watched Hurts since college. I like him, but the Bama offense didn't become special until Tua took over.
Hurts would routinely miss guys who were wide open.
Unfortunately, very few quarterbacks become more accurate when they get in the pros. But I'm pulling for him as I am for Dak.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I've watched Hurts since college. I like him, but the Bama offense didn't become special until Tua took over.
Unfortunately, very few quarterbacks become more accurate when they get in the pros. But I'm pulling for him as I am for Dak.

Why would you be pulling for the Eagles QB as a Cowboys fan? Anybody i ever liked is instantly dead to me when the sign with a division rival.

Carson

Reaction score
Why would you be pulling for the Eagles QB as a Cowboys fan? Anybody i ever liked is instantly dead to me when the sign with a division rival.
Hey he can pull for him to have successful stats and still go 0-17 every season :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

No, its your claim that Dak is a poor throwing QB and is inefficient which is completely laughable. Right there I can tell you that you wouldnt know a good QB if you saw one. So why would I listen to what you say about Hurts?

And why would you pull for an Eagles QB like you would a Cowboys QB?