Image: NFL Twitter Poll: Which trio do you take?

windjc

Reaction score
The Raiders 3 quite easily.

Would you trade Prescott for Carr? Easily. Sure trade the younger QB with less experience and a better QB rating and TD/INT ratio for the older QB that is closer to his ceiling with a lower QB rating. Sounds legit.

Dez for Amari? Easily. Younger, cheaper and pretty close talent wise.

Elliott for Mack? Easily. A top 5 pass rusher (and a very young one at that) is better than a top 2-3 RB. Yes. Trade Emmitt Smith for Demarcas Ware. Sounds legit.

Reactions: BAT

windjc

Reaction score
This is silly on many levels.

Zeke a generational talent? Meh. Time will tell. For a RB he has to do it for a decade. He isn't even th emost impressive RB this year. That's David Johnson.

But even if he was Adrian Peterson...taking him over a young edge rusher who is probably going to win DPoY is stupid. Especially when that edge rusher is young and cost controlled. Especially when the running back position is fungible.
Would you trade Emmitt Smith for Demarcus Ware? Because I would not. One lead us to 3 titles. One lead us to zero. Impact scoreboard.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Would you trade Emmitt Smith for Demarcus Ware? Because I would not. One lead us to 3 titles. One lead us to zero. Impact scoreboard.
If Zeke has the career that Smith had then by all means let's keep him.

I'm playing the odds. It is more likely that Mack turns into Ware than Zeke turns into Smith.

And Mack's position is just more important and harder to fill and more expensive and less injury prone.

Zeke for Mack is about as easy a trade as a GM could make.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This is silly on many levels.

Zeke a generational talent? Meh. Time will tell. For a RB he has to do it for a decade. He isn't even th emost impressive RB this year. That's David Johnson.

:rolleyes:

This post is what is silly.

Reactions: BAT

AzorAhai

Reaction score

I'm playing the odds. It is more likely that Mack turns into Ware than Zeke turns into Smith.

And Mack's position is just more important and harder to fill and more expensive and less injury prone.

Not when you baseyour decision on the uniform they wear. If you put a different uniform on Prescott, Dez and Zeke 90% of this board would take the Raiders trio.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not when you baseyour decision on the uniform they wear. If you put a different uniform on Prescott, Dez and Zeke 90% of this board would take the Raiders trio.
We haven't had a double digit sack edge rusher in so long people forget their value. Meanwhile we've had thousand yard backs 3 years and counting. And always will with this line.

windjc

Reaction score

Well I don't think Mack will become Ware. Mack has had 4-5 really good games and not much else. Color me not impressed. Zeke looks like a better Emmitt. Durability will be key.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
When he get over your homerism, it's clear as day that the Raiders 3 are better/more valuable than the Cowboys 3.

Carr is far and away the better QB at this point. That's not close. You hope that Prescott can turn into the passer he is in 2 years.

Cooper is if not as good as Dez, very close. Close enough where even if Dez is better, the difference between Carr and Prescott still favors the Raiders players.

Elliott is top 3 at his position, but Mack is at least top 5 at a much harder to find and at a much more premium position. Maybe the hardest part of the theoretical trade, but one I make pretty quickly.

I'm fine with what we have, but I'm not blinded by the fact that they play for the Cowboys.

Neither am I. I like our three better. Zeke is the biggest difference maker of the bunch. Dez is better than Cooper. Dak is a rookie that will only get better and better. Our trio is younger and has more upside.

perrykemp

Reaction score
1005 4.4 11

1285 4.9 13

Looks like you missed some of the stats zrinkill:

David Johnson has 1709 total yards (1005 rushing and 704 receiving) and 15 TDs
Ezekiel Elliot has 1607 total yards (1285 rushing and 322 recieving) and 13 TDs

Not saying I'd take Johnson, but statistically Johnson is a more productive RB so far this season in terms of total yards, receiving yards, and TDs.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Mack is the truth.

If Dallas had that type of player they would be unstoppable.

Craig

Reaction score
Looks like you missed some of the stats zrinkill:

David Johnson has 1709 total yards (1005 rushing and 704 receiving) and 15 TDs
Ezekiel Elliot has 1607 total yards (1285 rushing and 322 recieving) and 13 TDs

Not saying I'd take Johnson, but statistically Johnson is a more productive RB so far this season in terms of total yards, receiving yards, and TDs.
On a per game basis, johnson is not even the best.

Craig

Reaction score
No thanks. These 3 are the crown jewels in the best offense in the league. And Dez is considered the "old man" of the 3.
Im not sure that i would agree. If you could only keep elliott, prescott, and bryant or smith, martin, and frederick while the other trio were replaced with the average league starter at each position, which would you keep?

perrykemp

Reaction score
On a per game basis, johnson is not even the best.

I'm sure I am missing someone Craig -- which player is averaging more than the 142 combined (rushing + receiving) per game Johnson has gained?