Ngata to Eagles

kevm3

Reaction score
We are losing depth while the eagles are gaining it. This fo literally thinks it can plug all holes in the draft.
Ajayi was supposed to be a nonfactor but he was a significant piece. It really disgusts me that we are going to waste dak and zekes cheap contracts so Stephen can learn to be a gm.

Sydla

Reaction score
Same caliber of trash. But because the Eagirls did it he's back to where he was in his prime I guess.

One was a backup, one was signed to be a starter.

How can you argue these are similar situations?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
They are big on being able to run two complete DLs out there without skipping a beat.
That's the blueprint the eagle's used last year. The giants used that blueprint too. When ard we going to take our D-Line more seriously ?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Even old Ngata beats not very good in the first place try hard Beau Allen.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't know if signing a 34-year-old backup is worth 5 pages worth of ranting. I think Allen was better at this point in their careers, and Philly is losing him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't know if signing a 34-year-old backup is worth 5 pages worth of ranting. I think Allen was better at this point in their careers, and Philly is losing him.
He is younger. That is about it. If a rested and fresh Ngata takes his snaps, I think they will be just fine.

Prime21

Reaction score
Everyone would be going crazy saying what a steal it is and how he’s going to free up Irving and Lawrence blah blah. Y’all are just sour at everyone else signing players while we just sit here and get worse. You don’t believe me? 2016 13-3 then we lost a bunch of free agents and went 9-7. That’s not a coincidence.

We had a tougher schedule, Zeke suspension, and key injuries.

The difference is that our roster is MUCH younger and will get better just by virtue of player maturation. Demand value for your FA dollar and fill the holes you can. We have a lot of picks, if we draft well as we have been we will be fine. If Zeke returns to form, the OLine stays healthy, Dak will bounce back and the offense will be very good again. The defense is on the cusp.

I am not going to freak out over a Philly team that brought in over 30 year old past their prime guys. I'm not sure how common RPOs were prior to this year but DCs will be spending all offseason working on stopping them now. Foles is a flash in the pan, Wentz has a serious knee injury.

We're gonna be fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One was a backup, one was signed to be a starter.

How can you argue these are similar situations?

I'm not comparing situations. I'm comparing the player. Ngata had 7 more tackles than you did last year. Let's be real with ourselves.

Young depth?

So basically just hope to slay the draft year after year.

Young doesn't mean just rookies. I consider someone in the 25-29 age young at the DT position. I'm interested in young and hungry players. Not guys who's best years are behind them and who have already made a lot of money in this league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We had a tougher schedule, Zeke suspension, and key injuries.

The difference is that our roster is MUCH younger and will get better just by virtue of player maturation. Demand value for your FA dollar and fill the holes you can. We have a lot of picks, if we draft well as we have been we will be fine. If Zeke returns to form, the OLine stays healthy, Dak will bounce back and the offense will be very good again. The defense is on the cusp.

I am not going to freak out over a Philly team that brought in over 30 year old past their prime guys. I'm not sure how common RPOs were prior to this year but DCs will be spending all offseason working on stopping them now. Foles is a flash in the pan, Wentz has a serious knee injury.

We're gonna be fine.

Voice of reason here is refreshing on this site this time of the season. Wish I could give this more likes.

Plankton

Reaction score
This is one signing where I don't lose any sleep. Ngata has been an injury prone mess the last few years. He hasn't played a full season since 2011, and is 34 years old. Not nearly the player that he used to be.