Nice Win, but about Brandon Carr

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Huh?

How the heck are we bashing our defense?

Sure the Vikings is bad but not usually as bad as tonight. They bailed our offense out.

Vikings have scored less than 20 points in 4 of the last 6 games. 15 points is about what they've been averaging.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is the strangest defense but what Rod does well, even tho it gives us fans fits. I guess we are used to offenses shredding us, idk, but the defense is playing well and Rod does better with no namers. Which is why next year might be horrible if we bring in some good defensive players. Who knows, but i would prefer to just get a young defensive coach for the long haul

J_Allen

Reaction score
Carr has played like this since the day he got here.

For three seasons now I've said this is going to be his last year and they keep bringing him back. I've had enough of him and I cannot believe there are people on this board who defend his horrible play. He's A-W-F-U-L.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Carr has played like this since the day he got here.

For three seasons now I've said this is going to be his last year and they keep bringing him back. I've had enough of him and I cannot believe there are people on this board who defend his horrible play. He's A-W-F-U-L.

i say the same about Dunbar. I think at this point Brown is looking better than Carr, i could be wrong but i have higher hopes for Brown at this point.

J_Allen

Reaction score
i say the same about Dunbar. I think at this point Brown is looking better than Carr, i could be wrong but i have higher hopes for Brown at this point.

There isnt a cb on the team who doesn't look better than Carr. For every pass defensed he allows at least 15 completions. That's not bad, that's downright horrible.

Romonater

Reaction score
Brandon Carr is the whipping boy of this organization. So far, I think he's had a great year. The team as a whole gave up 15 points. That's pretty damn good. This is the NFL. You're going to get beat time and time again. Carr has done more plays this year than most of the other CBs.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a game thread thing, because I didn't recognize any particular problems with the coverage tonight. Was this the stuff with the holes deep in cover-2 on third and long?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but what did Carr or Brown do to be singled out? I thought they played fine especially with a inconsistent rush.

Week after week you guys sit here and complain about the yards we give up after we win? You guys complain about yards but this team isn't trying to shut anyone out or be doomsday. They are simply trying to play good enough to allow the offense to win. Sure, it wasn't pretty but I'm not complaining about a 15 point showing for this defense. I just can't.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Oh no our CBs cant cover for 30 seconds how pathetic. Rod realizes that his DL will not get pressure so instead of having his CBs sit close to the line he has them give up the underneath so the team can rally to the ball. Imagine what it would look like if they were up tight most of the game and the opposing QB has 30 seconds to find an open man like most due.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but what did Carr or Brown do to be singled out? I thought they played fine especially with a inconsistent rush.

Week after week you guys sit here and complain about the yards we give up after we win? You guys complain about yards but this team isn't trying to shut anyone out or be doomsday. They are simply trying to play good enough to allow the offense to win. Sure, it wasn't pretty but I'm not complaining about a 15 point showing for this defense. I just can't.

The issue with Carr is that he is a good #2 CB but not a #1. He played fine today but while Claiborne is out he will always give up plays to #1 caliber WRs. I don't get the hate in this thread either.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The issue with Carr is that he is a good #2 CB but not a #1. He played fine today but while Claiborne is out he will always give up plays to #1 caliber WRs. I don't get the hate in this thread either.

I think one of the biggest problems fans of this team have is they don't watch other teams play. I think fans believe everyone is throwing Deion out there. Revis Island isn't even Revis Island.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think one of the biggest problems fans of this team have is they don't watch other teams play. I think fans believe everyone is throwing Deion out there. Revis Island isn't even Revis Island.

Totally agree. The strength of this team is clearly the offense but even if the defense held the opponent to 50 yards passing there would be threads here complaining about those 50 yards.

kramskoi

Reaction score
You can't put tonight on the defense...four red-zone tries and the Vikings managed only one touchdown, with Dallas playing loose. The offense just could not sustain anything...losing the time of possession by seven minutes. They did get the bomb to Bryant and one of two turnovers they should have gotten...but other than that, the offense seemed impotent, with Prescott finally looking like the rookie he is.

windjc

Reaction score
We have to do something about him. Dude is complete trash.

I fear if we face Washington or Falcons in the playoffs, we are doomed, mainly because of the D, and he is a big part of it.
Why so negative? 11-1. You guys just love to complain. Is this angry alcohol talking?