Video: Nick Wright thinks Dak is nuts not to take top 5 money

CWR

Reaction score
I hope his improvement continues b/c i'm tired of seeing opposing defenses bring a safety into the box b/c they aren't worried about his arm. A 30 million dollar NFL QB should not struggle to reach the 200 yard mark.

Agreed, if he comes out like he did the first 8 games we are in serious trouble.

I am of the belief now that if he's going to get paid early it should be at a discount. If he wants top money then make him prove it this season. He has the line, the weapons and a new coordinator. Go out and prove you can be consistent. If he starts off hot then make an offer midseason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Goff has looked and played like a pro bowl QB since he got a decent coach who designed a scheme to take advantage of his talents. Nobody in the NFL would trade Goff for Dak prescott. You can label the schemes as simple all you want. Offense is about execution. Fact is that Goff has been better than Dak the past 2 years and its not even close. Go look at the numbers.

I’m not going to be a dork and just judge Goff and Dak by their numbers because both guys have numbers that are inflated because of those around them.

Watch them play.

Goff is a weakling QB that can’t think on his own. 3 points in the Super Bowl because Belichick threw in defensive audibles after the time on the playclock when McVay had to get out of Goff’s headset which forced Goff to think on his own.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not going to be a dork and just judge Goff and Dak by their numbers because both guys have numbers that are inflated because of those around them.

Watch them play.

Goff is a weakling QB that can’t think on his own. 3 points in the Super Bowl because Belichick threw in defensive audibles after the time on the playclock when McVay had to get out of Goff’s headset which forced Goff to think on his own.

You literally can't tell the difference between fact and stuff you make up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want a fact?

Goff sucked before McVay.

So, we should ignore the past 2 seasons and super bowl appearence b/c he struggled in 7games as a rookie? You really don't have any facts here. I guess you would have wrote off Aikman too since he "sucked" as a rookie.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So, we should ignore the past 2 seasons and super bowl appearence b/c he struggled in 7games as a rookie? You really don't have any facts here. I guess you would have wrote off Aikman too since he "sucked" as a rookie.

I’m writing him off because he’s a soft QB and relies on his coach to hold his hand through the play.

I’m not a fan of his. If you like him then be my guest but I’d rather have Dak and I’m not even a big fan of Daks skill set.

Asklesko

Reaction score
There's always an Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Nick Foles out there, all three of which would be as or more effective than Dak.
Those scrubs arent fit to hold the jockstrap of the qb of the Dallas Cowboys

Section446

Reaction score
I’m writing him off because he’s a soft QB and relies on his coach to hold his hand through the play.

I’m not a fan of his. If you like him then be my guest but I’d rather have Dak and I’m not even a big fan of Daks skill set.
Honestly, I'd rather have neither, they're both pretty average.

mcmvp

Reaction score
common knowledge...OOOKKKK. that's awesome...now fans on this board are talking about common knowledge about NFL head coach, QB communications of other teams...that's great...

This was actually discussed quite a bit last year in the media. This isn’t something that was created on a message board.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
common knowledge...OOOKKKK. that's awesome...now fans on this board are talking about common knowledge about NFL head coach, QB communications of other teams...that's great...

I mean if you watched a single rams game you would here the announcers go on and on about it. Lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I mean if you watched a single rams game you would here the announcers go on and on about it. Lol
so those same announcers, also criticize Dak, rated Dak and ranked Dak...yet they are all clueless, but here....they are to be taken for their words and their words taken as gospel...aha, I see how it works.

mcmvp

Reaction score
and this is different than the rules and what other teams, coaches, QBs do... how?

Other coaches are not reading the defenses for their QB during game action and telling them where to go with the ball based on what they’re seeing on each play. Other QBs are taught how to read a D and adjust accordingly. They aren’t having their coach do it for them on a play-by-play basis...there’s a difference

CWR

Reaction score
so those same announcers, also criticize Dak, rated Dak and ranked Dak...yet they are all clueless, but here....they are to be taken for their words and their words taken as gospel...aha, I see how it works.

Lol, just take the L and move forward.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Other coaches are not reading the defenses for their QB during game action and telling them where to go with the ball based on what they’re seeing on each play. Other QBs are taught how to read a D and adjust accordingly. They aren’t having their coach do it for them on a play-by-play basis...there’s a difference
so you know how the other 30 teams (cowboys excluded) function between coach and QB...and you also very clearly are saying that with 15 seconds to go, that's when the mic gets cut off, the defense is not making any more adjustments. so whatever the coach saw at the point the mic is cut off, that's what the defense is going to do.....and you are so sure of the conversation between McVay and Goff on every pass play they had in the past two years, because announcers said so.

awesome logical deduction......

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Wonder how the Dak slobberers can twist this. Dak and his agents are idiots if they don’t take this deal (if true).

It's just a bargaining tactic. He wants to get paid the max. I don't blame him for trying.

CWR

Reaction score
aha, ok, got it.... great argument on your part! :clap:

Lol, why are you arguing something you are clearly ignorant about? Despite multiple people trying to educate you, you're unable to accept that you don't know everything. Its amusing you cant just say "interesting, thanks for the info" and move on. What's the point of being so dug in on such a random fact?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, its just me that has the fringe opinion here. ......... I think if you remove both QBs from their 2016 performances, its not even a close call. Goff has 60 TD over the last 2 years and almost cracked the 5000 yard passing mark last year. That is elite and no coach can "hand hold" to those kind of numbers.