Video: Nick Wright thinks Dak is nuts not to take top 5 money

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They've already offered him top 5 money which means 30+ million per. It hasn't been accepted.

Not sure what that might mean but from the looks of things, the FO seems to be awaiting the results he has in the weeks to come.

To me, their expectations appear somewhat excessive, although, it very likely remains to be seen how the FO reacts in the future.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Goff is more physically talented than Dak...but given the choice between the two I may lean towards Dak. Goff hasn’t proven to be anything more than a puppet on the end of the strings with McVay on the other end. He may prove that in the future, but he hasn’t yet.

I don’t like it when people claim a QB only has good numbers because he’s ‘a system QB’...because all QBs play within a system. But it’s an entirely different thing to have your coach tell you what changes to make over an intercom like McCay does. That lessens Goff’s perceived talent a bit in my book. He also came up small on the biggest stage. That doesn’t mean he won’t do better the next time...just that he really isn’t proven yet.

So, McVay's micromanagement is Goffs fault and lessens his talent? Say what you want, but the guy LEAD his team to a super bowl appearance and his stats in 2018 blow Dak out of the water. Even Daks amazing rookie season isn't as good as what Goff did last year.

If you are going to nitpick Goff about the super bowl going up against the greatest defensive mind the NFL has ever seen, how can you NOT knock Dak for "coming up small" against the Rams?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Goff isn't a smart QB? You do realize you are just making stuff up right?

He was on his way to bustville until McVay showed up and McVay simplified the offense for him and stays in his ear until the last possible second that he is allowed to so he can help Goff read the defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So, McVay's micromanagement is Goffs fault and lessens his talent? Say what you want, but the guy LEAD his team to a super bowl appearance and his stats in 2018 blow Dak out of the water. Even Daks amazing rookie season isn't as good as what Goff did last year.

If you are going to nitpick Goff about the super bowl going up against the greatest defensive mind the NFL has ever seen, how can you NOT knock Dak for "coming up small" against the Rams?

It's not his fault or whatever. It just is what it is.

If Jason Garrett is coaching my team I don't want Goff on my team because the coach won't hold his hand here.

We've seen how Goff looked with normal coaches that don't hold up cards that simplify the offense and stay in his ear reading the defense as long as possible and it wasn't good.

Goff was a complete non-factor in our game because his coach didn't allow him to be and against the Patriots Belichick might've exposed them with his last second defensive audible that was made when the coach had to be out of Goff's ear causing Goff to have to think on his own which lead to a disaster on the field.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Not necessarily...but it does give some people a little pause before concluding ‘how much is the QB and how much is the coach’...that’s all I’m say

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was on his way to bustville until McVay showed up and McVay simplified the offense for him and stays in his ear until the last possible second that he is allowed to so he can help Goff read the defense.

You are really going to blame Goff for Jeff Fisher? You can't be serious. Fisher is one of the worst coaches in the modern era and reknowned for his outdated system. McVay changed EVERYTHING. He installed an entirely new offensive scheme. He didn't just "simplify" the old scheme. lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You are really going to blame Goff for Jeff Fisher? You can't be serious. Fisher is one of the worst coaches in the modern era and reknowned for his outdated system. McVay changed EVERYTHING. He installed an entirely new offensive scheme. He didn't just "simplify" the old scheme. lol

I never said he simplified the old scheme.

I said he came in with a simple offense.

The Rams offense is simple but the coach can make it look dynamic.

Jason Garrett isn't much better then Fisher IMO. He's a talent dependent coach that uses the most basic old football schemes and Goff in those schemes has looked awful.

Dak has never looked as bad as Goff has at some points.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
sounds like you have tapped into the NFL mic's given how much you know about the Rams communication. congrats

lostar2009

Reaction score
8:40 is the meat of the show. Pretty much what I think all along. I think Dak agent is trying to get all they can get while the Zeke situation put everything out of wack.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And thats the bet Philly made. Its hard to question Howie Roseman's moves after the 2017 super bowl season just 2 years removed from the chip kelly disaster.
Yea he is a great. How the heck did he know that Wince would get hurt and the back up Journeyman would catch everyone off guard and actually play at a MVP level?! #Luck

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dak is nuts for taking anything 32m or less. If it's 32.1m or more, he should take it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You are a moron and unable to comprehend basic statistics. Argue with this

2018 Dak stats

QBR - 18th
TD passes - 16th
Yards - 15th
Completion % 10th
yards per game 21st
yards per completion 24th

Well, if you're in love with the QB you don't see very clearly. LMAO. kids

Section446

Reaction score
Who we got to replace him if he goes? The alternatives are worse than giving Dak everything he wants.
There's always an Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Nick Foles out there, all three of which would be as or more effective than Dak.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said he simplified the old scheme.

I said he came in with a simple offense.

The Rams offense is simple but the coach can make it look dynamic.

Jason Garrett isn't much better then Fisher IMO. He's a talent dependent coach that uses the most basic old football schemes and Goff in those schemes has looked awful.

Dak has never looked as bad as Goff has at some points.

Goff has looked and played like a pro bowl QB since he got a decent coach who designed a scheme to take advantage of his talents. Nobody in the NFL would trade Goff for Dak prescott. You can label the schemes as simple all you want. Offense is about execution. Fact is that Goff has been better than Dak the past 2 years and its not even close. Go look at the numbers.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
The guy just lead his team to a super bowl which is already more than Dak has ever accomplished. If you prefer a stat argument, Goff blew Dak out of the water last year statically. Not even close.

Yes, Goff and Wentz have better coaches.

When you talk about last year I think its important to recognize the difference in Daks play in the second half of the season.

His wrs were trash in the beginning, but after Coop arrived and Gallup got his legs under him Dak was considerably better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you talk about last year I think its important to recognize the difference in Daks play in the second half of the season.

His wrs were trash in the beginning, but after Coop arrived and Gallup got his legs under him Dak was considerably better.

I hope his improvement continues b/c i'm tired of seeing opposing defenses bring a safety into the box b/c they aren't worried about his arm. A 30 million dollar NFL QB should not struggle to reach the 200 yard mark.

Reactions: CWR