Video: Nick Wright thinks Dak is nuts not to take top 5 money

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz > Dak > Goff

BTW, everything Dak does is inflated because of the guys around him.

That is why some want him to take a team friendly deal. Some of us aren't delusional enough to think he is actually worth a top 5 contract that will cause us to lose key free agents.

How in the world is Dak better than Goff? By what measure could you possibly make that argument????

Blake

Reaction score
Oh I get it. You deflect the fact you can't justify him being paid like a top 5 QB by pointing out that i'm not the GM. So clever! lol

NO. I think it takes an incredible amount of arrogance and hubris to assume a pedestal that isn't yours to begin with.
That's you deflecting from reality.
The real executives believe he's worth top 5 money, and his career stats support that.

Blake

Reaction score
You playing video games?

I'm already on the right side of the argument because Dak has been offered top 5 money.
So maybe you should give it up and come out of your fantasy "I'm a GM, I will determine Dak's worth" land.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO. I think it takes an incredible amount of arrogance and hubris to assume a pedestal that isn't yours to begin with.
That's you deflecting from reality.
The real executives believe he's worth top 5 money, and his career stats support that.

Oh, kinda like your doing captain awesome person? I am posting real stats. You have nothing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm already on the right side of the argument because Dak has been offered top 5 money.
So maybe you should give it up and come out of your fantasy "I'm a GM, I will determine Dak's worth" land.

I'm not arguing that we haven't offered him top 5 money. I am arguing that he's a fool to turn it down and doesn't deserve it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted real stats too. The one's that apparently matter.

You posted completion %. He ranks 10th in that by the way but a more accurate stat is Yards per Completion where he ranks 24th among his peers. Anyone can dink there way to a fancy completion %. It cost Weeden his job as he completed a whopping 72.4% of his throws in a cowboy uniform.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How in the world is Dak better than Goff? By what measure could you possibly make that argument????

Watch them play.

Goff is almost 100% dependent on his coach doing everything for him. He's not tough, he's not a leader.

He and Dak are similar in that Dak lacks arm talent but has intangibles, and Goff lacks intangibles but has some arm talent.

Wentz has all of the above but his problem is he can't stay healthy.

Dak and Goff both benefit because of guys around them but at least with Dak he is tough, great leader, is mobile, and performs in the clutch.

Goff throws a pretty ball while his coach is basically holding his hand all the way through it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch them play.

Goff is almost 100% dependent on his coach doing everything for him. He's not tough, he's not a leader.

He and Dak are similar in that Dak lacks arm talent but has intangibles, and Goff lacks intangibles but has some arm talent.

Wentz has all of the above but his problem is he can't stay healthy.

Dak and Goff both benefit because of guys around them but at least with Dak he is tough, great leader, is mobile, and performs in the clutch.

The guy just lead his team to a super bowl which is already more than Dak has ever accomplished. If you prefer a stat argument, Goff blew Dak out of the water last year statically. Not even close.

Yes, Goff and Wentz have better coaches.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The guy just lead his team to a super bowl which is already more than Dak has ever accomplished. If you prefer a stat argument, Goff blew Dak out of the water last year statically. Not even close.

Yes, Goff and Wentz have better coaches.

He lead squat. Watch them play.

It's lazy to just look at Goff's stats and go by that because it doesn't tell his story.

He is McVay and run game dependent. He's not a smart QB and he might be out of the league if McVay didn't come in and save the day.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I think Goff is more physically talented than Dak...but given the choice between the two I may lean towards Dak. Goff hasn’t proven to be anything more than a puppet on the end of the strings with McVay on the other end. He may prove that in the future, but he hasn’t yet.

I don’t like it when people claim a QB only has good numbers because he’s ‘a system QB’...because all QBs play within a system. But it’s an entirely different thing to have your coach tell you what changes to make over an intercom like McCay does. That lessens Goff’s perceived talent a bit in my book. He also came up small on the biggest stage. That doesn’t mean he won’t do better the next time...just that he really isn’t proven yet.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Only if you include 2016. I'm not paying Dak top 5 money for his 2016 performance. Wentz was on track to be the league MVP before his injury. Goff killed it last year. He lead his team to a super bowl and was better than Dak in every major statistical category.
hard to win if you are always hurt.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as Dak getting top $ goes, it could depend upon how well he does during preseason and perhaps, even later! :omg:

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He lead squat. Watch them play.

It's lazy to just look at Goff's stats and go by that because it doesn't tell his story.

He is McVay and run game dependent. He's not a smart QB and he might be out of the league if McVay didn't come in and save the day.

Goff isn't a smart QB? You do realize you are just making stuff up right?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goff has the natural God given talent to become a Franchise QB.
Unfortunately for all Cowboys fans Dak does not!