No consequences whatsoever

JayFord

Reaction score
In high school we lost a game 56-6 and the other team didnt attempt not one single pass the entire game

We ran wind sprints all week

im assuming nfl athletes dont get any type of punishment in practice for such a disgusting display

Couldnt be me they’d have to get the players union to fire me because that cowboys team would be running up and down the stairs at the stadium until i was satisfied

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The wrath is going to fall on the kicker... for missing a 54 yarder at half time and missing a 36 yarder down two scores.
The kicker should have consequences. The 36 yarder would have left us down just one score, and the 54 yarder may have changed things where we wouldn't have been down by as much to begin with. In any case, you can't fire the bulk of the team and just pick up someone to replace them midseason. That is much easier with a kicker.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The biggest issue in Dallas for the last 10 plus years is glaring. We have devolved over time into an organization that's a posh country club that has resoundingly decided that status quo and profit margins are more important than having standards on the field.Losing matters not it seems. Afterall, how should we even expect the team to improve when the coaches and owner...ie the culture doesn't hold anyone accountable? Its all about the brand, not results. Maybe I am wrong. I think we are headed into a very long stretch of further ineptitude if many changes do not happen,and soon. The writing is on the wall.
Changes doesn't even happen on defense. Both safeties should be benched. LVE should be pulled. And Rod Marinelli should be FIRED! But if Jerry like you? You have a job for life.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The biggest issue in Dallas for the last 10 plus years is glaring. We have devolved over time into an organization that's a posh country club that has resoundingly decided that status quo and profit margins are more important than having standards on the field.Losing matters not it seems. Afterall, how should we even expect the team to improve when the coaches and owner...ie the culture doesn't hold anyone accountable? Its all about the brand, not results. Maybe I am wrong. I think we are headed into a very long stretch of further ineptitude if many changes do not happen,and soon. The writing is on the wall.
What is wrong with being the posh country club? That's not a bad thing. Having standards and having profit margins are not mutually exclusive things, so stop acting as those we have to choose between one or the other. Do you think the Patriots don't have a culture or don't have a posh country club mentality? Have you seen the house Tom Brady lives in? Profit margins and standards can co-exist so stop with this narrative and let's put our situation in focus. The Cowboys are an average team that has followed that trend for 5 weeks now. If you haven't figured this out by now then you need to correct your expectations.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen it isn't that the team is a bunch of bad guys..... I would argue Garret changed the culture for the better compared to the Wade Phillips and Dave Campo Days. I think the team is under control..... however it isn't enough. Garret doesn't create a culture of winning unfortunately.

Bill Bellicheck is great because he nitpicks the small things, he holds his players accountable.

There is a reason Doug Peterson went on an impossible run with that Eagles team two years ago. Even though they had injury after injury. Coaching matters in this league.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lose to the Jets then lose to the Eagles. Garrett better be fired over the bye week. This is the only way things will change. And Marinelli and Richard needs to go also.
But it will not happen.
Jerry is looking for one minor reason to keep Garrett.
Welcome to the 8-8 Cowboys for the next 10 years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree with you. I do.
I just don’t think consequences at this level happen during the season. Maybe a new kicker can be brought in. Garrett won’t be fired. Whether or not he should or should have been years ago is another story. But we all know he won’t be.
So what would be a consequence that helps this team?
addition by subtraction...FIRE MARINELLI.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s been an unaccountable front office for over 2 decades. Not breaking news.

Fans just become more hopeful it’s changing when there’s more favorable results.

Brax

Reaction score
The kicker should have consequences. The 36 yarder would have left us down just one score, and the 54 yarder may have changed things where we wouldn't have been down by as much to begin with. In any case, you can't fire the bulk of the team and just pick up someone to replace them midseason. That is much easier with a kicker.
and what kicker might that be?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
As a fan, I feel numb at this point. Ownership seems kinda ok with letting things go as is...and its pretty shocking what we witnessed yesterday. I HAVE NEVER SEEN, IN MY 45 YEARS of watching Dallas football..seen a running back walk into our stadium and basically do whatever he wanted all day long...without hardly any resistance. He isn't even a top tier guy!!!! He was playing behind a outmanned oline and we sleep walked on defense. I AM STILL STUNNED.
Not only that, Aaron freaking Jones. My gosh that D made him look like Barry Sanders...just embarrassing as a fan.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Agree 100%. I have been saying this for a long time. Maher should be cut already. Fleming should be gone too. Lawrence should sit unless he can prove he is in shape and healthy. The stupid Wold Hunter should be benched. Heath, benched. Chido out, Lewis in. Shake it up.
THE linebacking group has been woeful. Lewis may be our best db and he hardly plays...THOMAS might be our best complete linebacker outside of LVE.

visionary

Reaction score

When your owner values ‘relevance’ and revenue and ego over discipline, accountability and championships, this is what happens

This is nepotism 101

superonyx

Reaction score
THE linebacking group has been woeful. Lewis may be our best db and he hardly plays...THOMAS might be our best complete linebacker outside of LVE.
I was wondering if this is true. I worry that blaming the LBers could actually be letting the defensive line or scheme off the hook. Players that young don’t generally turn awful. Is this scheme and the DTs getting pushed around and the LBers alignments causing this appearance?