No consequences whatsoever

Rajveer

Reaction score
Now that's true..he DID appear to be very irritated.
A few more shots of whiskey and a quick trip to his yacht should calm him down. Then it is back to business as usual. Keep doing what you are doing for the past 22 years and expect things to change.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rayman, at this point, nothing and I mean nothing surprises me any longer with this team....

I am surprised that this team continues the same mediocre mess on the field each year. I am surprised that this organization expects successful results trotting the same mediocre mess onto the field each year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
wow..you feel better? Don't get triggered. I am using the glaring facts. Did you see the same ball game? I am not saying its bad to make a nice living or profit,or TO have a luxurious atmosphere..even in football. Those things are fine, IF and only if, you can separate the 2 when its go time. Can Dallas get into football mode when all they see and hear all week 24/7 is how great they are and how comfy they have it? You better stop and think about that...and Marinelli surely isn't the answer.HE SHOULD BE FIRED. Ah heck..who needs accountability.
I get it. You're jealous of wealth and think it renders the Cowboys incapable of striving for excellence. Nothing could be further from the truth. The practice facility the Cowboys have is designed to inspire the players to strive for greatness. How's that working out? I'd say it's a work in progress.

As for Rodney Marinelli, he probably should be forced out since he doesn't seem to be capable of choosing retirement for himself. The man is 70 years old, it's time to give someone else a chance to be the DC in Dallas.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
As for Rodney Marinelli, he probably should be forced out since he doesn't seem to be capable of choosing retirement for himself. The man is 70 years old, it's time to give someone else a chance to be the DC in Dallas.
You think while ole JJ is at it, he could throw that red headed clown out with him????????

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and what kicker might that be?
I haven't done the research to know the best options, but there are a boatload of former college kickers not currently on NFL rosters. Most kickers aren't draft picks anyway, and in the absence of a proven veteran trying out college kickers is pretty common. There may be some older kickers available who might have a little less leg but hopefully more accuracy, maybe some to pull out of retirement. The Patriots just signed Mike Nugent.

Tommy

Reaction score
lmao..I am usually on board with what you said. BUT what happened yesterday is a road too far traveled...cannot be tolerated. HOW WE LOST THE GAME MATTERS. We must have consequences,without them, nothing changes.
The biggest factor in our loss yesterday was the 3 turnovers.

Should we sit our QB next week to send a message?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The biggest issue in Dallas for the last 10 plus years is glaring. We have devolved over time into an organization that's a posh country club that has resoundingly decided that status quo and profit margins are more important than having standards on the field.Losing matters not it seems. Afterall, how should we even expect the team to improve when the coaches and owner...ie the culture doesn't hold anyone accountable? Its all about the brand, not results. Maybe I am wrong. I think we are headed into a very long stretch of further ineptitude if many changes do not happen,and soon. The writing is on the wall.
you meant to say the past 25 years..right?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You think while ole JJ is at it, he could throw that red headed clown out with him????????
No, I don't think Garrett's job is in jeopardy any time soon. Garrett probably secured his next contract with JJ when he got that flag for using harsh language with the side judge. JJ seemed to express he appreciated that during his postgame interview. Keep prospection here, Jason Garrett is like family with the Jones'. That's not how a sports franchise should be run but that's what we have with the Cowboys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
remember when the Packer RB taunted Jones as he beat him to the pylon and no one on the Cowboys did anything about it?

remember when Smith got in Dak's face for 10-15 seconds to mock him after the last INT and no one did anything?

that should tell you how much they really care
well said. I noticed it. No respect, no fight.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I get it. You're jealous of wealth and think it renders the Cowboys incapable of striving for excellence. Nothing could be further from the truth. The practice facility the Cowboys have is designed to inspire the players to strive for greatness. How's that working out? I'd say it's a work in progress.

to the contrary. This is a free country..having wealth should be applauded. Hard work, good investments SHOULD be rewarded in kind. THAT SAID, in sports, its generally a good thing to provide a SPORTS atmosphere where the team practices and plays. NOT having practice at an art gallery and Country club. Human nature is to be distracted in such an atmosphere...THUS we need a culture change. What we are doing hasn't worked.

Rayman70

Reaction score

your pretty funny. Some of the conclusions you come up with when someone opposes status quo.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
to the contrary. This is a free country..having wealth should be applauded. Hard work, good investments SHOULD be rewarded in kind. THAT SAID, in sports, its generally a good thing to provide a SPORTS atmosphere where the team practices and plays. NOT having practice at an art gallery and Country club. Human nature is to be distracted in such an atmosphere...THUS we need a culture change. What we are doing hasn't worked.
The art gallery is at AT&T stadium. They don't practice there. They practice at a state of the art sports complex that encourages excellence. Maybe you need to take a tour to correct your impression of where they practice. The indoor and outdoor facilities are amazing.

kskboys

Reaction score
The biggest issue in Dallas for the last 10 plus years is glaring. We have devolved over time into an organization that's a posh country club that has resoundingly decided that status quo and profit margins are more important than having standards on the field.Losing matters not it seems. Afterall, how should we even expect the team to improve when the coaches and owner...ie the culture doesn't hold anyone accountable? Its all about the brand, not results. Maybe I am wrong. I think we are headed into a very long stretch of further ineptitude if many changes do not happen,and soon. The writing is on the wall.
Problem is, the biggest change needed is up top at GM. Until that changes, I'm not sure anything else will matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is 100% correct. When the owner's door is always open for the players, the Head Coach and coaching staff have no stroke. This has been a MAJOR problem since March 30, 1994 and I see no resolution. It won't change with a new coach, because the culture and accountability will remain the same.

A few examples recently are these: Robert Quinn was flagged for a late hit on Rodgers early in the game, that provided GB with a gift 1st down, instead of a 3rd and 9 situation. He remained in the game for the next several plays. Where's the accountability? I watch a ton of games, and after penalties - no matter who the guy is (unless its qb or o-line), they are generally pulled as a show of being accountable for dumb plays.

Anthony Brown ran into the punter against Miami, I know Garrett talked to him on the sideline after it, yet he did the same dumb *** thing again yesterday. Either he is too stupid to learn, or the HC message sure as hell isn't resonating. Maybe a few plays off, or at least removal from punt block would get the message home. Of course, Owner and Son are in these coaches meetings, as they are so happy to tell everyone, so who knows what goes on.

As much as I try to tell myself things might be different, they remain the same. The culture is rotten from the top down, its better to accept it, realize this team will perpetually underachieve and drink heavily during the games.
Although I agree w/ your post, I don't agree on Quinn. That was a cheap penalty.

If I'm the D coach, I tell the guys after a bad penalty like that to light Rodgers up. I mean, send a message that if you call cheap penalties, someone is going to pay.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
The art gallery is at AT&T stadium. They don't practice there. They practice at a state of the art sports complex that encourages excellence. Maybe you need to take a tour to correct your impression of where they practice. The indoor and outdoor facilities are amazing.
hey arse hat..I know full well. I am in Texas and been there. You trying to tell me BOTH, the practice facility in Frisco and the stadium are peachy? BOTH are too much of a dang museum..NOT A REAL STADIUM. You dont think for 1 minute that lends itself to even a small culture club atmosphere? lol...Do you work for the team? lol..Are you the PR director? holy moly...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
your pretty funny. Some of the conclusions you come up with when someone opposes status quo.
lol, I'm sorry your hurt feelings over the Cowboys losing has caused you to lash out at others. I'm glad you picked me though, I can take it, I'm a grown man. I hope it makes you feel better to lash out at me.