No Free Agency again

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
To play devils advocate knowing damn well that we won’t be going all in at all lol Stephen and Jerry should have a decent enough relationship with dak,Micah and ceedee’s agent that most of the negotiation can happen in places other than the combine and other various lines of communication.

I don’t anticipate Micah’s deal this year.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We like our guys. If we didn’t get so tired last year we would likely have won it all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To play devils advocate knowing damn well that we won’t be going all in at all lol Stephen and Jerry should have a decent enough relationship with dak,Micah and ceedee’s agent that most of the negotiation can happen in places other than the combine and other various lines of communication.

I don’t anticipate Micah’s deal this year.
If they do get a deal done with Micah. I expect it to be after June 1st, probably after TC right before the season starts by a week.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
yeah, you guys thought Jerry was serious about going all in. LMAO. He was just pumping you up so you would come back and buy more crap. "get your gear so you too look like a horse's asp and don't forget the tickets."
Just a farce, it is business as usual for the Jones clan probably even more conservative in free agaency as they ‘sign their own”.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
That would be considered tampering at this point.

So of course they have not met with any players. They are figuring out what to do with their own first.

105.3 fails again, just as some fans will posting about it.

They probably did this on purpose then come in here to read the melt downs. :lmao2:
so on 3/11 the narrative will change to we have had multiple discussions with many FA players, but....can't be accused of tampering if there is no real interest to begin with lol

rambo2

Reaction score
Was listening to 105.3n and they were talking about how Dallas has not met with any agents for the free agents to be. I think our definition of "all in" is very different than the Jones Clowns.
I'm pretty sure that they will sign Tyron Smith.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The all in talk was to calm the plebes down. If you bought it im sorry
I don't think many have bought into it yet. Not from threads and posts on here so far.
I guess fans are either knocking it down, or just having fun with it. And rightfully so. As it just seems another one of their cute sayings (well cute only to themselves) to keep the hounds at bay.

A reporter with some brass should be questioning this, but they won't.

reddyuta

Reaction score
people who bought the all in nonsense must have forgotten about cheapskate stephen.we are so dead as a organization once Jerry is dead and that idiot takes over.

75boyz

Reaction score
The guy who balances the books does not have a spend happy reputation regarding other teams' FAs.
He's too busy over paying 2nd contracts to our guys.
And his job is to keep us in the news with Dak, CeeDee and Micah coming up.

It's all a part of the Master Sales Plan.
I mean, if Jerry/Stephen are paying 'em like that then they gotta be worth it right?

reddyuta

Reaction score
The guy who balances the books does not have a spend happy reputation regarding other teams' FAs.
He's too busy over paying 2nd contracts to our guys.
And his job is to keep us in the news with Dak, CeeDee and Micah coming up.

It's all a part of the Master Sales Plan.
I mean, if Jerry/Stephen are paying 'em like that then they gotta be worth it right?
sums up the situation. we are incredibly stupid to pay seriously injured guys just because we drafted them.this has been disastrous but they continue to do it.the list is so long that I feel Stephen is the worst thing to happen to cowboys ever.he is an idiot but thinks he is smart.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they will sign Tyron Smith.
One of my all time favorite players, but I’m not so sure it’s a great move to continue to count on him.

I didn’t realize until someone recently posted that he hasn’t played a full season since 2015. That’s an eternity ago. Longer than the entire career of most.

At any rate, if they are going to start him at LT, the backup needs to be Tyler, not someone the caliber of Edoga. Still sitting here holding my breath on Waletzko/Ball.

As a fan of the player and the man, it’s tough for me to admit, but I’d make the choice to cut bait and move Tyler to LT for the next decade, and find a guard if it isn’t Bass. Draft the top center at 24 and your OL is potentially better than it was last year without spending large FA dollars.

Supply vs demand says that they should be able to rebuild the RB room cheaply also.

This frees up the necessary FA dollars/cap room to fix the middle of the defense immediately. Let’s see which direction they choose.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
That would be considered tampering at this point.

So of course they have not met with any players. They are figuring out what to do with their own first.

105.3 fails again, just as some fans will posting about it.

They probably did this on purpose then come in here to read the melt downs. :lmao2:
they should know who to keep and the cost to do so by now. ballpark anyway.

now who else do we need?

isn't it against the rules to talk before FA begins?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
This is their philosophy, unfortunately. They will never change this approach regardless of the roster or the previous season.