No Jimmy in the ROH this year

rags747

Reaction score
I am saying what is true. Jimmy was at the Owners meeting and had just hired Tom Ciscowski, and interviewed Mike Zimmer through the Campo connection. After being fired, Jimmy Johnson went to his parents and said Jerry took his team away. So Jimmy being done is revisionist history and untrue.

T.O. (the player), Romo the fumble, and Jerry Jones got Parcells out the door. It was not the lost of his brother. He was ran off by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones making the TO decision and coddling of Romo. He had a succession plan with Sean Payton. But told Sean to take the New Orleans Saints job. You do not retire to the Miami Dolphins as President and hire everyone he left in Dallas after he got Sean to the Saints.

Was Landry really over as a Head Coach or was the roster bare and the injury to Danny White caused him to have 3-13 season with Steve Pathetic Pelluer at QB? Landry was failed by his bad personnel decisions (playing Pelluer as a starting QB) not on field coaching decisions. Remember Landry worst years in the late 80's was 7-9, 7-8, and 3-13. Gil and Tex had already contacted Jimmy Johnson to replace him after the 1989 season but for a Bright Bum. Landry hired George Hill as DC who would have been a transition DC coach for Johnson staff once he got to Dallas, and hired Jerry Rhome as QB and OC assistant to prepare for the 1989 season. So, his coaching mind was still strong.

Keep drinking that 26 year old Jerry Dumbo GM Jones Kool Aid looking for the Arlington Jonesboys to become the Dallas Cowboys..
You are Wrong on everything you just posted.

Xeven

Reaction score
Painful to say but I hope Jerry never gets another ring due to his selfishness with Jimmy. Jimmy was the magic Jerry, not you. If you had a brain you would take credit for having hired Jimmy.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is an embarrassment. He is so insecure and weak minded he needs Jimmy to grovel and beg him to be in. sounds familiar...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, if this team wakes up and starts performing significantly better, the Joneses may choose to let bygones be bygones. Yes, I know that might sound a bit sappy but things do change if a team improves. Let's just keep hope alive that it might somehow come about. Take heart. Let a team rejuvenate and many good things are possible.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, Jimmy didn't help his cause in his latest book. Granted, Jerry's pettiness pre-dates the book by a wide margin.
thats the thing with tell all books. I hate the idea. I think these things are best left private and not for public consumption. Jimmy made a mistake here. That said, Jerry needs to be a man, not a child. He lied to millions on live TV. Thats sinking really low, like pond scum. Whats worse is, he pretends its not happening. He is underselling the fans ,cheating us out of this moment. We have been loyal the last 27 years, we deserve better and so does Jimmy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

So petty.

Unreal. Just absolute epic and utter douchebaggery

200w.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats the thing with tell all books. I hate the idea. I think these things are best left private and not for public consumption. Jimmy made a mistake here. That said, Jerry needs to be a man, not a child. He lied to millions on live TV. Thats sinking really low, like pond scum. Whats worse is, he pretends its not happening. He is underselling the fans ,cheating us out of this moment. We have been loyal the last 27 years, we deserve better and so does Jimmy.
I actually don't blame jimmy. Jerry lied about putting him in the ROH during Jimmy's HOF induction week. So, Jimmy kinda knows he is not getting in on Jerry's watch.

He was actually capitulant in the book in regard to his own hostility towards Jerry. He says he was a different person back then and now sees how he could have been kinder and more patient with Jerry. But, he also poked a lot of holes in the fiction Jerry has been trying to sell since the break up in maximizing his own importance to those super bowl teams. Jimmy just confirmed what we all knew which was that Jerry was a country bumpkin who knew nothing about the NFL or team building when he arrived in Dallas. He was a football novice with no time or talent for the job of GM.

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly dispute that after watching the past 27 years.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

So petty.

Cowboy Nation all know that Jimmy Johnson is the reason the Boys were relevant in the 90s and Jerry can't stand the fact that his football IQ isn't anywhere near Jimmy's football IQ. Thus the reason for the childish decision to stiff Jimmy another year, but let's be serious here, Jimmy could give a rat's *** if him name is associated with the Cowboy's Ring of Honor, he's got the NFL HOF to fall back on...........................

Rayman70

Reaction score
I actually don't blame jimmy. Jerry lied about putting him in the ROH during Jimmy's HOF induction week. So, Jimmy kinda knows he is not getting in on Jerry's watch.

He was actually capitulant in the book in regard to his own hostility towards Jerry. He says he was a different person back then and now sees how he could have been kinder and more patient with Jerry. But, he also poked a lot of holes in the fiction Jerry has been trying to sell since the break up in maximizing his own importance to those super bowl teams. Jimmy just confirmed what we all knew which was that Jerry was a country bumpkin who knew nothing about the NFL or team building when he arrived in Dallas. He was a football novice with no time or talent for the job of GM.

I'm not sure how anyone can possibly dispute that after watching the past 27 years.
I can't argue. Fair statement. I still think Jerry will induct himself before Jimmy, if he gets in at all. I can also see a viable scenario where Jerry inducts Jimmy but with himself as a package deal.. Jerry will site, "you can't have 1 guy in the ring without the other." "It was a team effort." That will be the excuse.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboy Nation all know that Jimmy Johnson is the reason the Boys were relevant in the 90s and Jerry can't stand the fact that his football IQ isn't anywhere near Jimmy's football IQ. Thus the reason for the childish decision to stiff Jimmy another year, but let's be serious here, Jimmy could give a rat's *** if him name is associated with the Cowboy's Ring of Honor, he's got the NFL HOF to fall back on...........................
I agree 100%. That said, I think Jimmy would be very disappointed for we the fans if he isn't in. Jimmy gets it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't argue. Fair statement. I still think Jerry will induct himself before Jimmy, if he gets in at all. I can also see a viable scenario where Jerry inducts Jimmy but with himself as a package deal.. Jerry will site, "you can't have 1 guy in the ring without the other." "It was a team effort." That will be the excuse.
I am not sure Jerry wants to hear the reign of boos on the day he indicts himself. Can you imagine him standing next Jimmy whose getting a 5 minute raucous standing ovation ? He would just never put himself in that position.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am not sure Jerry wants to hear the reign of boos on the day he indicts himself. Can you imagine him standing next Jimmy whose getting a 5 minute raucous standing ovation ? He would just never put himself in that position.
I would relish the boos. I might even pay real money to be there to witness it live

Last edited: