No suits for the trip to Washington

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
So do you agree with me then? Im not sure what your post has to do with mine.

I agree with the rule being enforced regardless if I agree with it . You said they should be able to show up wearing whatever they want.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/I%20am%20the%20liquor_zps4cfnr2so.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It was reported that way, because the actual cut player said that was why. lol

The team has a lot of flaws, but I refuse to believe they're that petty, and I think the whole premise of this thread is silly. So I'm going to move on from this thread as you suggested to Idgit.

Tim Keown thought it was important enough to include in his 7 week ESPN story. He wanted to show the disparity in punishments and rules. He didn't get it completely right either, but the gist was the same.

You guys might live in Cowboys protected bubbles but where I live, surrounded by Eagles, Commanders and Ravens fans I hear it all everyday. "Its OK to beat your wife, but forget your suit and you're cut"

Along with everyone else, I try to square the Cowboys' contradictions when it comes to Greg Hardy. He was signed to a one-year, $11.3 million deal despite a 2014 conviction for domestic violence stemming from an incident involving his ex-girlfriend. (The conviction was later dismissed, and his record was expunged.) He is tolerated despite the sideline tantrum in New Jersey and missing or arriving late for several meetings. Five days before the Cowboys play the Dolphins, two marginal players -- corner Corey White and C-Mike -- are released, partly because of substandard performance, partly maybe because they don't wear suits on the flight to Tampa.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because it is dumb

Why do you suppose militaries worldwide have historically had dress codes? Why does the league have uniforms? It's not dumb. Even if it were, coaches sometimes ask you to do dumb things. Our TE coach has people jumping out of port-o-potties and catching passes. If a coach tells you something's a requirement, then it's a requirement. If you ignore a requirement and get cut because you were marginal to begin with, then maybe it's not just the requirement that's dumb.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tim Keown thought it was important enough to include in his 7 week ESPN story. He wanted to show the disparity in punishments and rules. He didn't get it completely right either, but the gist was the same.

You guys might live in Cowboys protected bubbles but where I live, surrounded by Eagles, Commanders and Ravens fans I hear it all everyday. "Its OK to beat your wife, but forget your suit and you're cut"
Along with everyone else, I try to square the Cowboys' contradictions when it comes to Greg Hardy. He was signed to a one-year, $11.3 million deal despite a 2014 conviction for domestic violence stemming from an incident involving his ex-girlfriend. (The conviction was later dismissed, and his record was expunged.) He is tolerated despite the sideline tantrum in New Jersey and missing or arriving late for several meetings. Five days before the Cowboys play the Dolphins, two marginal players -- corner Corey White and C-Mike -- are released, partly because of substandard performance, partly maybe because they don't wear suits on the flight to Tampa.

Nail-Clipping-Thumbnail.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why do you suppose militaries worldwide have historically had dress codes? Why does the league have uniforms? It's not dumb. Even if it were, coaches sometimes ask you to do dumb things. Our TE coach has people jumping out of port-o-potties and catching passes. If a coach tells you something's a requirement, then it's a requirement. If you ignore a requirement and get cut because you were marginal to begin with, then maybe it's not just the requirement that's dumb.
There is a sign on a wall between the team's practice field and the locker room: it is a privilege, and not a right, to coach and play for the dallas cowboys. The message carries a hint of warning -- "Don't forget your suit" is at least implied -- and every time I see those commas, I assume Garrett had something to do with the grammatical precision. -Tim Keown

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a sign on a wall between the team's practice field and the locker room: it is a privilege, and not a right, to coach and play for the dallas cowboys. The message carries a hint of warning -- "Don't forget your suit" is at least implied -- and every time I see those commas, I assume Garrett had something to do with the grammatical precision. -Tim Keown

When he types this, he means that our coach pays attention to detail. That's not a bad thing. Borderline players are smart to remember the difference between privilege and entitlements. The ones who forget, and who can't play, don't belong in Dallas.
This wasn't some reinforcement of your argument just because he mentioned the word 'suit.'

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd moved on.. You brought this silly thread back to life for me. Blame yourself. lol

I was trying to show that even an embedded reporter doing a 7 week story for a national magazine got the facts of the story wrong(bus vs plane). But it was important enough to include it twice in his piece.

But you and Idgit have made up everyones minds for them and ruled the topic closed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..But you and Idgit have made up everyones minds for them and ruled the topic closed.

Lol. Oh, my. You're being quite the helpless victim here, bkight.

I'm not going to tell you how to handle your own side of a (weak) argument, but the not-making-my-point-then-blaming-the-guys-who-disagree-with-me-for-arguing-too-rough angle isn't very convincing from where I'm sitting.

Maybe you should consider the possibility that you just weren't right on this one to begin with? Just a thought.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was trying to show that even an embedded reporter doing a 7 week story for a national magazine got the facts of the story wrong(bus vs plane). But it was important enough to include it twice in his piece.

But you and Idgit have made up everyones minds for them and ruled the topic closed.

Lol I don't control anyone's mind or opinions. I shared my opinion on why I thought this was a silly premise of a thread. I shared why I believed what I believed. I then moved on. People can post what they want. I have nothing to do with any other posts in this thread. What you see is what you get.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When he types this, he means that our coach pays attention to detail. That's not a bad thing. Borderline players are smart to remember the difference between privilege and entitlements. The ones who forget, and who can't play, don't belong in Dallas.
This wasn't some reinforcement of your argument just because he mentioned the word 'suit.'

You are so frustrated because you have missed the entire point of the discussion. You keep defending the rule itself.

We all agree players have to follow the rules, no matter how stupid.

The point is the disparity in punishments. Hardy hits a coach-OK, miss meetings=OK, Randle completely disregards coaching and leaps into the endzone and mocks the coaches when called on it-OK, CMike and CWhite no suit- CUT.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

this isn't the military.

it is a way for Captain Clap to act like he is running a tight ship and to distract everyone from his inadequacies.

Making them wear suits does not improve the output on the field.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this isn't the military.

it is a way for Captain Clap to act like he is running a tight ship and to distract everyone from his inadequacies.

I didn't just mention the military.

And the uniform attention to detail does conceivably improve output on the field because discipline and teamwork and attention to detail are important.

But that's not relevant. The single best reason for players to do it is because it's required.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with players getting disciplined for ignoring the dress code, but i never understood the dress code. These guys play a game for a living, they should be allowed to show up in cutoff jeans, flip flops and a mesh vest if they want.

Personally, I would draw the line at "bare midriffs"...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
this isn't the military.

Regardless if you agree with the rule, do you think the players should follow it? If not then do you agree there is a proper time and place to bring it up?

Supposed a player does not like a different rule? Like say show up on time for meetings? Should they just show up when they feel like it?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Whether they should follow it or not is beside the point. All coaches rules are not sacrosanct. Captain Clap could say no tweeting all year. Romo could tweet all he wanted and Clap would do nothing.

These rules do nothing for the team. Sure fine impose them, but at least admit they are nothing but window dressing and only give you an excuse to cut a bad player.