Noah Brown is Outperforming Amari Cooper Through Week 4

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So its Dak’s fault is what you’re saying. Interesting

But why is he seemingly always “ignored” by his QB opposed to most other WR1s :huh:
What qb that will give him the chances has he had? Carr can't even get Devante Adans the ball. Noah and ceedee better than him too? When Watson come back keep that same energy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not what I said Roy. But if you believe he gets the same coverage and attention that Coordinators give to Noah Brown, you are being unreasonably disingenuous.

No but he also doesnt get the targets Cooper does. They dont have much to throw to over there other than Cooper. Lamb is the #1 and featured guy over here.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Better comparison is probably

Replace Coop with CeeDee.

Replace CeeDee with Gallup.

Replace Gallup with Noah B/Washington

Same WR production? Definitely close.

The difference is no one so far has stepped up to replace Cedrick Wilson who was a pretty productive #4 WR last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not a Prescott hater at all on this side. But, he is very judicious with his attempts. I like that he doesn't turn the ball over. Great trait. But, at times that judicious nature innately has him go away from the unsafe throw even if it is the primary read.

Your unabashed love of Prescott prevents you from admitting that? Is he allowed to have a flaw in his game? If so, do tell the board what you view as his weaknesses. And please don't start with blaming Zeke or the OL or Coaches. What are Prescott's his flaws in your eyes Roy?

Gotten better at it, but needs to step up in the pocket and take off better when he can. Taking the underneath reads and getting it out quicker at times.

Nothing but nit picky stuff. Dak is a top 10 QB, no question about it. NO better, no worse. Why would any loyal fan not like a QB like that?

I simply defend him against the complete morons. Did the same thing with Romo and laughed in their face and kicked them around the board with facts.

The fans that dont like Dak are the Romo cry babies and those that dont understand football and QB play. Those that blame a QB for everything.

Dak's peers know where he belongs. Right in the top 10.

Is Dak a top 10 QB in your mind or are you one of the little Romo cry babies or "I dont have Brady" clowns?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
did you happen to see how much top WRs got paid this past offseason? Relatively speaking, Coopers contract became pretty reasonable. And are you trying to save Jerry’s money?
We gained nothing really and lost talent at a group we were thin at. Keep Cooper one more season and then we have lost nothing but Jerry’s money but kept a top talent. Not sure how people are arguing this.

Coopers not a top WR, thats the problem. Hes good for about 1000 yards and 6-8 TD's. Is oft injured. Doesnt have the competitive makeup to be one of the greats.

ghst187

Reaction score
Coopers not a top WR, thats the problem. Hes good for about 1000 yards and 6-8 TD's. Is oft injured. Doesnt have the competitive makeup to be one of the greats.

Christian Kirk: 2021, 77 catches, 982 yards, 5 TDs, 17 games = 21.5m cap hit per year (Murray)
Devante Adams, 2021, 123 catches, 1500 yards, 11 TDs, 16 games = 28m per year (QB Aaron Rodgers)
Amari 2021, 68 catches, 865 yards, 8 TDs, only 15 games played = 20m per year (QB Dak)
Mike Williams, 76 catches, 1146 yards, 9 TDs, 16 games = 20m per year (QB Herbert)
Cooper Kupp, 145 catches, 1947 yards, 16 TDs, 17 games, 26m per year (QB Stafford)

In 2020 Amari caught 92 for 1114 yards, and 5 TDs in 16 games.

i think Cooper’s numbers compare relatively favorably to the top guys. He also didn’t have a Herbert or Rodgers throwing to him which is noteworthy. Is he a top 5 guy? no, but ESPN had him as a top 10 guy.
Based on the above contracts, looks like 20m, the same contract Jerry signed him Amari to, was pretty reasonable. You could get a better WR than Amari, but you’d pay more, combined with the fact we didn’t even use the money to upgrade other spots…smh.

Yet we are still paying Zeke top RB money and Shultz high end TE money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
maybe that's true and dont care about player to player comps but as a core, as a team,

we DO NOT MISS COOP, he did not leave the HOLE most said he would.. His not being here did not make it hard for all our WRS to produce solid numbers
that the point lets leave it there,,
bene saying this all season, tired of the we should have kept a 22mil a year player because our 2 #2s and 4 #4s couldn't keep up without him..and this is with Washington still out..we will gel and even be eter when daks back with this entire WR core...

WRONG!!

I still believe we'd be better with him and could have restructured, but Brown has stepped up more than I could have ever anticipated and Gallup is back. The decision always came down to whether we were going to pay Cooper or Gallup, and Cooper was not a $20 million receiver last year. Dallas chose to go with the younger player and I've never faulted them for that. I did (and still do) believe we could have kept all three, but that just was never going to happen.

I move on from players when they are no longer here, so I really don't care what Cooper is doing in Cleveland, but I can't seem to keep from replying when statistics are used to misrepresent something. Cooper's circumstances are different in Cleveland, but he's there and our top three receivers are Lamb, Brown and Gallup. I expected Gallup to be a capable No. 2 when he got back because he had already showed that he could. Brown is a pleasant surprise for me. Normally, you don't see players making a big lead in their sixth year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread so:
What ever happened to James Washington? Is he available this year or did he go season ending?

Still rehabbing. Not ready to start practicing yet.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

835 yards over 17 games.. is what he was good for.

Like people have been pointing out lately, he's great at home. But his game doesn't travel well, statistically speaking.

So far, Noah Brown is on pace for that. And it's probably the same guy who'll be covering them. Since Cee Dee is going to get the #1 anyway.

I'm just glad Gallup is back. People forget how good he is. I'll take that guy on my team over Amari Cooper any day.

Big D

Reaction score
Not an apples to apples comparison because of the type of coverages they receive and attention they get as wide receivers. But, I am glad that Noah Brown is taking advantage of the opportunities he gets. He seems to be able to win one on one and find open spaces in zone coverage.

As someone else stated, I believe Catch, I hope this continues once Prescott returns. Prescott is not one to throw into tight windows or make risky throws. So Brown will need to get open faster and by a bigger margin until there is a comfort level between the players.
like this one?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Noah Brown is 18 of 27 for 274 yards with a long of 45 yards and 1 TDs.

Amari Cooper is 20 of 31 for 228 yards with a long of 32 yards and 2 TDs.

Factor in the fact that we save $20 million for other players.

And that's a winning move.

Not to mention, the best WR on the team is back, Michael Gallup.

SOURCE: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/stats/wr.php

Nope, our GM and coaches suck. Brown sucks. We should have kept Cooper and his 20 million dollar contract. I dont care if Brown has 20tds and 2k yards... he sucks because Jerry decided to keep him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I like Noah and think he is doing an outstanding job however I would also say Cooper is facing #1 CB vs other teams as well as double teams while Brown isn't. For me all I care about is Brown running his routs and making plays when they come his way. but not willing to compare his ability to that of Cooper or any top #1 WR

Always gotta normalize WR production by the attention they face from the defense or you'll think every other WR#2 can be a WR#1.

plymkr

Reaction score
Noah Brown is Juju Smith Schuester with deep speed.

He’s also a handful to bring down once he has the ball. Dude is a beast.

Hopefully Dak can get him the ball like Rush can. I just remember the Raiders game last year and the Bucs game this year and if Dak doesn’t have giant windows to throw in he may not release the ball to a guy like Brown.
Didn't Brown start his career as a TE or was he just built like a TE. Either way he has been huge in this early season. He makes finger tip catches and like you said is a beast to bring down. He's stepped up to the challenge big time and has picked up the slack when Gallup was out and Wilson is in Miami.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Christian Kirk: 2021, 77 catches, 982 yards, 5 TDs, 17 games = 21.5m cap hit per year (Murray)
Devante Adams, 2021, 123 catches, 1500 yards, 11 TDs, 16 games = 28m per year (QB Aaron Rodgers)
Amari 2021, 68 catches, 865 yards, 8 TDs, only 15 games played = 20m per year (QB Dak)
Mike Williams, 76 catches, 1146 yards, 9 TDs, 16 games = 20m per year (QB Herbert)
Cooper Kupp, 145 catches, 1947 yards, 16 TDs, 17 games, 26m per year (QB Stafford)

In 2020 Amari caught 92 for 1114 yards, and 5 TDs in 16 games.

i think Cooper’s numbers compare relatively favorably to the top guys. He also didn’t have a Herbert or Rodgers throwing to him which is noteworthy. Is he a top 5 guy? no, but ESPN had him as a top 10 guy.
Based on the above contracts, looks like 20m, the same contract Jerry signed him Amari to, was pretty reasonable. You could get a better WR than Amari, but you’d pay more, combined with the fact we didn’t even use the money to upgrade other spots…smh.

Yet we are still paying Zeke top RB money and Shultz high end TE money.

Are you joking? Looks at those numbers. Adams and Kupp are top guys on that list. He isnt even close.

those other guys are NOT top WR's. Just because someone overpaid a #2 doesnt mean that justifies overpaying Cooper.

Besides the fact that we dont need him when you have Lamb and Gallup already on the team. Its about proper roster management.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
835 yards over 17 games.. is what he was good for.

Like people have been pointing out lately, he's great at home. But his game doesn't travel well, statistically speaking.

So far, Noah Brown is on pace for that. And it's probably the same guy who'll be covering them. Since Cee Dee is going to get the #1 anyway.

I'm just glad Gallup is back. People forget how good he is. I'll take that guy on my team over Amari Cooper any day.

Yep, and save 21 million doing it.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Gotten better at it, but needs to step up in the pocket and take off better when he can. Taking the underneath reads and getting it out quicker at times.

Nothing but nit picky stuff. Dak is a top 10 QB, no question about it. NO better, no worse. Why would any loyal fan not like a QB like that?

I simply defend him against the complete morons. Did the same thing with Romo and laughed in their face and kicked them around the board with facts.

The fans that dont like Dak are the Romo cry babies and those that dont understand football and QB play. Those that blame a QB for everything.

Dak's peers know where he belongs. Right in the top 10.

Is Dak a top 10 QB in your mind or are you one of the little Romo cry babies or "I dont have Brady" clowns?
Dak is not a top 10 qb.

ghst187

Reaction score
Are you joking? Looks at those numbers. Adams and Kupp are top guys on that list. He isnt even close.

those other guys are NOT top WR's. Just because someone overpaid a #2 doesnt mean that justifies overpaying Cooper.

Besides the fact that we dont need him when you have Lamb and Gallup already on the team. Its about proper roster management.

glad you enjoy saving Jerry’s money and getting nothing in return….

guessing you would like to trade Dak for a fifth round pick since he’s grossly overpaid and massively underperforming, so we can save more of Jerry’s money…?

JBond

Reaction score
Noah Brown is Juju Smith Schuester with deep speed.

He’s also a handful to bring down once he has the ball. Dude is a beast.

Hopefully Dak can get him the ball like Rush can. I just remember the Raiders game last year and the Bucs game this year and if Dak doesn’t have giant windows to throw in he may not release the ball to a guy like Brown.
Dak... oh Dak... He could be special if he used his physical talents with a Rush approach to the game. Get the ball out. Love to see the run threat come back. It will take a game or two of getting hit. He has some fight in him.