Nobody’s Job is safe in the team & Front office

408Cowboy

Reaction score
That could be many reason take your pick, are they good? are they compatible?or you can put the blame on him.

Our players execute fine, ranked 30th in nation.
Maybe your players execute just fine because the coaching is up to the task. Garrett's wasn't if his teams continually failed to execute.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You best go back and watch that Eagles game you know the 9 point Dak under pressure game, just stop.
How ignorant tossing an injured player under the bus as such. Apparently you didn't watch the game or you would have known Dak was in extreme pain from his throwing shoulder which he injured in the 1st quarter of the Rams game, which you missed as well. Being you're not whining about the win.

His throwing finger was cut as well and had a sprained left wrist. To top it off, lame Moore sat our 2 best WR's on 4th and goal on the last play of the game w/the division on the line. We're fortunate Dak played because I highly doubt you'd be tossing around your big man attitude had Rush played. The score would have been a lot worse. Touche'

@America's Cowboy

Dre11

Reaction score
Maybe your players execute just fine because the coaching is up to the task. Garrett's wasn't if his teams continually failed to execute.

you give coaching too much credit? especially at the NFL level, at the HS and Collegiate level you're more hands on in the developmental stages. executing is taking it from the practice field to the game field, that's player retention, study, and physical ability to handle their responsibility and beat your opponent, and your opponent also has a say in it as well, as their trying to beat you and execute their responsibility

jjktkk

Reaction score
I’m getting tied of this grudge and blaming Dak for their own failures. Everybody in this damn organization needs to be held accountable.

General Manger: Jerry Jones- If the team doesn’t make the playoffs your decision to hire McCarthy was a failure, and you need to relieve your duties officially and let Stephen take over.

General Manager#2 : Stephen Jones- If the team doesn’t make the playoff you failed to assist Jerry in making the correct decision for the organization.

General Manger/ Scout : Will McClay you failed at your duties of being a top tier scout and gave inaccurate scout reports on desired player weather in free agency or draft. Try to watch tapes instead of trying to be like Jerry.

Head Coach: Mike McCarthy - You came in bigger than all the OL and DL and you expect people to follow your techniques and scheme. At certain point talent doesn’t outweigh scheme. You should be fired in the 2nd year if no playoff success.

OP, I don't know if you meant to do this, but you left out Dak as being one of the reasons this team hasn't been successful the past few years.

Dre11

Reaction score
Garrett was a complete turd for a decade but McCarthy gets year one to turn things around? lol

I can see where people want that, he walked into a ready made team according to all the people who say the team has the most talent , he has the skins on the wall, right? has the experience. Why shouldn't they expect it...lol
Much like Gruden walking into Tampa.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m getting tied of this grudge and blaming Dak for their own failures. Everybody in this damn organization needs to be held accountable.

General Manger: Jerry Jones- If the team doesn’t make the playoffs your decision to hire McCarthy was a failure, and you need to relieve your duties officially and let Stephen take over.

General Manager#2 : Stephen Jones- If the team doesn’t make the playoff you failed to assist Jerry in making the correct decision for the organization.

General Manger/ Scout : Will McClay you failed at your duties of being a top tier scout and gave inaccurate scout reports on desired player weather in free agency or draft. Try to watch tapes instead of trying to be like Jerry.

Head Coach: Mike McCarthy - You came in bigger than all the OL and DL and you expect people to follow your techniques and scheme. At certain point talent doesn’t outweigh scheme. You should be fired in the 2nd year if no playoff success.

Welp, so much for any optimism for the upcoming season huh? :rolleyes:

So much good has happened this offseason, and yet these type of negative posts never cease.

I'm so thankful I'm not as miserable of some of you nincompoops. Your lives must be filled with hate, anger and unfulfilled happiness - and not just solely confined to your favorite football team either.

bandfan

Reaction score
So basically 31 front office teams should be fired every year?

Big_D

Reaction score
I can see where people want that, he walked into a ready made team according to all the people who say the team has the most talent , he has the skins on the wall, right? has the experience. Why shouldn't they expect it...lol
Much like Gruden walking into Tampa.

LOL You still have to institute a new scheme along with all the coaching changes. I know coaching is somehow unimportant to you, but after a great draft, a very nice haul in FA and a team 'on their way' to being pretty good, it still takes some time to iron out everything involved with a large roster. That's always been the problem here. There's select talent, but the overall 53 is nowhere near good enough to win a championship! And before you use that as an excuse for your love of Garrett, it takes a quality HC to evaluate and assemble that. Something that wasn't happening then but is happening now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Every SB winning team had weaknesses, both in coaching and in players. And yes, some good and bad luck is involved as well. Cowboys have had their share of both, add to that some of the worst officiating calls ever as well.

Have the Cowboys addressed those issues?

Certainly:

1. Fired Garrett and hired a head coach who's won a SB and had other playoff wins as well.
2. Signed good run-stopping defensive tackles, who were sorely lacking the last few years.
3. Signed a veteran quarterback who's had some success in the NFL, albeit no playoff success.
4. Drafted two top rated college players, both of whom could contribute much or perhaps take a starter's job.

Nothing can be done by Dallas to address the bad luck or the bad officiating calls, so no point in worrying about those. You take what happens and try to overcome the bad things.

Cowboys will have to play their game, don't try to be a copycat team and hope for better times.

We'll see what happens...

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL You still have to institute a new scheme along with all the coaching changes. I know coaching is somehow unimportant to you, but after a great draft, a very nice haul in FA and a team 'on their way' to being pretty good, it still takes some time to iron out everything involved with a large roster. That's always been the problem here. There's select talent, but the overall 53 is nowhere near good enough to win a championship! And before you use that as an excuse for your love of Garrett, it takes a quality HC to evaluate and assemble that. Something that wasn't happening then but is happening now.

I never said it's not important, it's not as important as you fools make it blaming everything that goes wrong , I also dont expect it to be turned around in 1 year, to me it will happen when it happens, the league is unpredictable and each year is its own, I have no issue with MM being the coach, it also no excuse for Garrett, I'll defend MM just as much. But I bet the first sign of trouble, you'll be here crying. the scheme is only going contain some elements of the system in plays last season with some of the same verbal concepts. considering most systems are somewhat similar anyways except the verbage, it wont be hard to implement new elements. Plus the offense is supposed to be upgrade.

Big_D

Reaction score
I never said it's not important, it's not as important as you fools make it blaming everything that goes wrong , I also dont expect it to be turned around in 1 year, to me it will happen when it happens, the league is unpredictable and each year is its own, I have no issue with MM being the coach, it also no excuse for Garrett, I'll defend MM just as much. But I bet the first sign of trouble, you'll be here crying. the scheme is only going contain some elements of the system in plays last season with some of the same verbal concepts. considering most systems are somewhat similar anyways except the verbage, it wont be hard to implement new elements. Plus the offense is supposed to be upgrade.

Garrett was here 13 years. After some point, you have to admit he sucked. We'll see if and when McCarthy reaches that point, if ever? But I doubt it. It was that bad. Just a pathetic football team year in and year out with the nepotism situation that was never going away. McCarthy is a better football coach and isn't here because of family ties. You can continue to fool yourself. Good luck with that.

Dre11

Reaction score
Garrett was here 13 years. After some point, you have to admit he sucked. We'll see if and when McCarthy reaches that point, if ever? But I doubt it. It was that bad. Just a pathetic football team year in and year out with the nepotism situation that was never going away. McCarthy is a better football coach and isn't here because of family ties. You can continue to fool yourself. Good luck with that.

Garret didn't suck, another exaggeration, When will your honeymoon be over? if MM doesn't win here, does that mean he isn't a good coach? what will be your reason? of course Garrett was here for a long time, he's a cowboy through and through.

LittleD

Reaction score

Owner's who are GM's don't have to be accountable when they are raking in millions in profits every year. Jerry's keeps them buying his tickets and using the proceeds to buy more toys. Cowboys are making Jerry more rich each and every year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
As a walk around coach that he was he gets paid to lead and manage the coaches under along with the players.
Manage coaches? Lmao is that what he was doing? Sane guy who couldn't go to kellen and tell him to pass the ball at the end of the Viking gane? Piss poor manager

Dre11

Reaction score
Manage coaches? Lmao is that what he was doing? Sane guy who couldn't go to kellen and tell him to pass the ball at the end of the Viking gane? Piss poor manager

he didnt need to,the play was fine,it was poor execution ,if you actually did more than just whine, you'd see the Conner Williams blew his assignment by coming off the combo block too soon and give the lineman a lane to Zeke. had Williams stayed on the combo it would've left Zeke 1 on 1 with the LB with Zeke already having the angle on him. The play was bad, the result was.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
he didnt need to,the play was fine,it was poor execution ,if you actually did more than just whine, you'd see the Conner Williams blew his assignment by coming off the combo block too soon and give the lineman a lane to Zeke. had Williams stayed on the combo it would've left Zeke 1 on 1 with the LB with Zeke already having the angle on him. The play was bad, the result was.
:facepalm:

Big_D

Reaction score
Garret didn't suck, another exaggeration, When will your honeymoon be over? if MM doesn't win here, does that mean he isn't a good coach? what will be your reason? of course Garrett was here for a long time, he's a cowboy through and through.

Cowboy through and through. LOL He flat out sucked for a decade. That's not an exaggeration. Any big situation and this team fell apart under Garrett. Just a non confident no balls at all football team after a decade plus. You knew exactly how it would go. I called the season every September with zero hope while you were still talking the same garbage. But Jerry still clung to this ridiculous notion that he had the next Vince Lombardi. He was garbage and a gigantic waste off time and effort when this team could've actually accomplished something. Nepotism at it's finest.