Nors consolidation and predictions!

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
NOT KILL HIM, BUT CAREER WISE IN DALLAS HE'S GOT THE ROPE - ZIMMER. Lets see what he does with it.

What's your opinion on why Parcells kept Zimmer around when he could have easily let him go to Nebraska?

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't believe that Zimmer became this "big idiot" all in one year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
What's your opinion on why Parcells kept Zimmer around when he could have easily let him go to Nebraska?

Maybe it's just me, but I just don't believe that Zimmer became this "big idiot" all in one year.

I think Parcells see's something in Zimmer he likes. They gave him that big extension after 2003. In retro Parcells gave Zimmer too much rope? This is kick the chair year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
If I could be a past historical soldier.

I'd be at the Alamo.

To the death fighting.

Luckily this is just Dallas Football talk and we need to perspective that! :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
If you can't take it then don't dish it.....................What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

What comes around goes around.

I'm afraid some peoples logic is illogical.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
If you can't take it then don't dish it.....................What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

What comes around goes around.

I'm afraid some peoples logic is illogical.

Oh I take it and sometimes I give it back, thats where the trouble starts. Its ok to pile on but testy when I fire back.

Late for you CBZ - Evenin.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Nors said:
Oh I take it and sometimes I give it back, thats where the trouble starts. Its ok to pile on but testy when I fire back.

Late for you CBZ - Evenin.

Good evening Nors.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Waffle said:
By the way, I thought your "Nors Credits" were pretty generous. I like how you mentioned him guessing SIX players for TWO spots. I like those odds too.

Here's the Nors pre-draft post that he wishes he could erase...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile
If both are there I bet they select Ware.

Book it Danno

NO WAY WE SELECT WARE OVER Merriman!
I was generous all the way around. He wants people to recognize him for his predictions.

Eddie George & Chad Eaton. If I had predicted they would come here and they played as poorly as they did I sure as hell wouldn't be proud of it.

I too said Eddie George would come here. Very seldom is only one guy making these predictions. You ever hear me crowing about being right that he came here? There's a reason for it, I regret it. Why should I be beatign my chest about somethign that stunk so bad. That's sort of like being proud the dump you took ran people out of the house.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I have nothing against Nors. I think he brings a little flavor to the board every once in a while.

But there are people who predict things with as much accuracy as Nors, they just aren't seeking attention as much he is. They don't start a new thread everyday about it. They don't start a thread saying "I told ya so" if they are right. They don't purposely try to create threads with outrageous titles or first paragraphs that beg to be flamed. It's easier to remember when a Nors prediction comes true because he starts at least 5 or 6 flame war threads about it that go 100+ replies. :D

I think what's funny about Nors threads is that he's so outrageous about some of his stuff that when he really does have a good point, people disagree with him just on principle. LOL Case in point that thread about how the right side of our offensive line sucked and peope were actually trying to defend Andre Gurode. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
You are an aging Marvin Hagler.

Never saw Ray Leonard outpointing you. Doth protest and believed too much in your greatness.

You are not wooly white perfect like you portray yourself.
:lmao2:

I'm sorry, I just find that hilarious. This thread is about all the credit no one is giving you. Previously you had a Nors Cup Challenge thread and last I checked it's still on my mantel.

So if you deserve so much credit, and I have whipped you to the point I hold your fictional Cup, how did I get below you in points scored?

You clearly weren't a math major because you can't add.

"Outpointing?" Oh my gosh, on what?

Name one debate with me that you have ever won. I don't remember you even scoring a point yet. I have lost debates on these forums, but not to you.

I've never said I am some kind of perfect. I don't believe I am. I will tell you this, I pay attention to what you say in posts and you don't pay attention at all to what anyone else says. That's why you get pounced on and why you lose. Every time. Your downfall is that your so impressed with your own opinions you don't respect anyone else's enough to read what they actually have to say.

You go from seeing a differing viewpoint to feeling threatened and hollering abuse faster than anyone I have ever seen.

When you can somehow nad up and acknowledge that other people on this forum are football savvy and don't need to bow to you and your predictions the sooner you'll actually score a point.

I was at the Hagler - Leonard fight in 1987 at Caesars' Palace. It was a brilliant fight. Both men have a right to feel proud. Your not analogous to either of those fighters.

The word "bagel" mean anything to you? Or "donut?" Think about their shape. That's the batting average you're sporting. You might want to try a lighter bat and choking up.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I was at the Hagler - Leonard fight in 1987 at Caesars' Palace. It was a brilliant fight. Both men have a right to feel proud. Your not analogous to either of those fighters.

Hagler was robbed. :(

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I'm sorry, I just find that hilarious. This thread is about all the credit no one is giving you. Previously you had a Nors Cup Challenge thread and last I checked it's still on my mantel.

So if you deserve so much credit, and I have whipped you to the point I hold your fictional Cup, how did I get below you in points scored?

You clearly weren't a math major because you can't add.

"Outpointing?" Oh my gosh, on what?

Name one debate with me that you have ever won. I don't remember you even scoring a point yet. I have lost debates on these forums, but not to you.

I've never said I am some kind of perfect. I don't believe I am. I will tell you this, I pay attention to what you say in posts and you don't pay attention at all to what anyone else says. That's why you get pounced on and why you lose. Every time. Your downfall is that your so impressed with your own opinions you don't respect anyone else's enough to read what they actually have to say.

You go from seeing a differing viewpoint to feeling threatened and hollering abuse faster than anyone I have ever seen.

When you can somehow nad up and acknowledge that other people on this forum are football savvy and don't need to bow to you and your predictions the sooner you'll actually score a point.

The word "bagel" mean anything to you? Or "donut?" Think about their shape. That's the batting average you're sporting. You might want to try a lighter bat and choking up.

Your so vain - dream on your 100% right.

I ran you into the sea with the Gurode right side of the line sux debate thread. You posted totally innacurate sig facts - later to learn that the data was wet.

I aint perfect - don't need to be. Its you claiming perfection then it ain't so hombre.

Howard trade for an appetizer?
Fence sit it all you want, you said we were not going 3-4, we are.

Where's that Oklahoma free agent safety?

FB's anybody?

I don't whine at all - I call it out when it gets unfair. Whats reality is some don't like it when I punch back ;)

Rack it!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Happy Mothers day Moms -

Here's a bone for the Day.

Greg Ellis is on the trade market. He will likely be traded if takers. FS or a Draft pick. I'd take a 2 or 3 and RUN.....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
Hagler was robbed. :(

Hagler was awful that night. He gave away the first few rounds because he fought right handed. He was slow as molasses and couldn't hurt a blown up welterweight who hadn't fought in three years

Leonard was cathing him, often, with right hand leads...unheard of in professional boxing.

I have that fight on DVD and if you listen to Hagler's corner, even they knew he was losing the fight. They were almost begging him to step it up and told him that he needed a KO to win.

Sorry but this was a great performance by Ray Leonard.

:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Your so vain - dream on your 100% right.
I've never maintained I am 100% right. My very last post I said other people have whipped me in debates here. I did claim you haven't and I said it is because you don't bother to read what I have to say. You see disagreement and start whining. Sorry but I'm right about that.

I feel you need a cookie though and I'm feeling generous, so as to your first point...

Nors said:
I ran you into the sea with the Gurode right side of the line sux debate thread. You posted totally innacurate sig facts - later to learn that the data was wet.

...I'll tell you what Nors, I'll go ahead and give you the right side of the line thing because it's the closest you've come to actually being right when you and I have debated something. You were nowhere near 100% right, but you need this cookie.
post-35-1093488691.gif

Maybe you can enjoy it with Milk. The white liquid, not the RB you said would be a "3rd down back" only spelling the great Eddie "Ball Control" George now and then.

So take away the zero. Fine, no big deal. I hope this makes you giddy with joy.

Nors said:
I aint perfect - don't need to be. Its you claiming perfection then it ain't so hombre.
Uh, no I didn't. I don't recall starting any threads to beat my chest. I did claim to be undefeated against you and the holder of your precious Nors Cup. Well, I have now given you a cookie so I must feel charitable.

Learn to actually read what other people say. Just a bit of advice. That is the downfall you have that actually leads to the "abuse" you whine about. A debate with you is NEVER a point - counterpoint debate. It is platitudes and chest thumping by Nors then when others respond and are not ready to join the waters of Norsian baptism you switch right into whine mode.

"Bring it."

"Book it."

"Rack it."

"3-4 is coming. Deal with it"

Those aren't debate material. That's straight up evasion. That's an ostrich with his head in the sand.

Nors said:
Howard trade for an appetizer?
I reported the Howard trade? No, every news outlet out there did, and I said I would do it. Me being in favor of it is not the same as predicting it. I didn't start a single thread about it that I know of. I commented in threads started by others. There's a difference. I said it wouldn't shock me to see it get done.

If Marcus Spears had not been there at 20, Jerry said the Howard trade probably happens. Once we got the 2 guys we were targeting, Jerry said we were no longer interested. Get your facts straight here Nors.

You like to claim there was a Ty Law trade and the deal just wasn't made. The funny thing is no one from either team has EVER ratified that for you. You know, the way Jerry ratifed trade interest for Howard interested guys like me. You never got that ratification, yet you want credit. The bank is laughing at that application.

Very nice attempt to point a finger at someone for something that is a practice you do non-stop and are still doing. At least Jerry Jones acually commented on the trade for Howard. You can't even say that. You certainly can't say you never started any threads on the Ty Law thing. You can't even say you weren't consumed by it. Threads that had NOTHING to do with CB got little one line reminders from Nors that Ty Law was coming.

You got scrod when you went fishing. Nice try, but really weak.

Nors said:
Fence sit it all you want, you said we were not going 3-4, we are.
I never said we weren't ever going to the 3-4, I said we weren't doing it with the personnel we had. We didn't move that way with the personnel we had, did we? Hmm.

I also said we already played some 3-4 and that all teams do. I'm 100% right about that. Very sorry that it puts your panties in a wad. I noticed that once again I have put out a challenge to you and you failed to pick up the gauntlet. Typical.

Do you need a reminder? Hint: it has to do with my claim that every team uses a 3-4 and a 4-3 regardless of base scheme but depending upon circumstances.

I bet you thought I was going to remind you about how you punked out on proving the 46 defense was based on the 3-4. No, I won't bring that up again.

Whoops. :eek::

Nors said:
Where's that Oklahoma free agent safety?
I wish I knew where Brandon Everage was too. One day I get a PM here from a guy and he gives me a phone number, asks me to call him. He introduces himself as Brandon Everage's agent. He then tells me that Everage is in Oxnard, California at Training Camp to take a physical with the Cowboys. So I posted that. Turns out I ws right. That's where he was.

I NEVER said he was going to be signed. Lots of other people sure as hell did though. Our very own Training Camp reporters, Dale and Kritter473, verified that Everage was there. Hey, if you need to stroke your ego and say I was wrong about this, be my guest. The fact of the matter is I was 100% right. He was in Oxnard trying out. Not my fault he failed that physical. I didn't injure him and I didn't train him poorly.

You'll notice that to this day I occasionally joke about it when FS is brought up. Unlike you I don't mind the friendly digs. I even set myself up for some.

You're once again way off base.

I always did have a great pick off move. Out!

Nors said:
FB's anybody?
I have no idea what your trying to say I was wrong about FB for. I have never predicted a FB for this team. I have said that Darian Barnes sucks at it and he does. I've said Robert Thomas did too, and he did. I've said I liked Jamar Martin and Lousaka Polite, and I do. If any of these are a prediction that I made I sure as hell don't see it.

The closest thing I have come to predicting about FB was when I said at some point in time at the goal line or in short yardage Barnes would be horrible. Lo and behold...

Nors said:
I don't whine at all - I call it out when it gets unfair. Whats reality is some don't like it when I punch back ;)
Starting threads to point out that people upset your apple cart isn't whining? Nors, it's straight up BOO HOO HOO. I'm seriously considering investing in Kleenex.

The whole purpose of this thread is to say "poor, poor pitiful me, picked upon without any justifiable cause. Look at all I've done."

:violin:

Nors said:
More like "racket" as in a lot of noise.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
How could I have missed this thread?

Its time for an oldfashioned HIGHJACKING!!

Seriously, loosen up guys, were all cowboy fans here.

Tio thinks nors is a little on the loopy side, thats why hes such good entertainment. :)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I know of someone on this board that is far more irritating than the Nors/BZ battles....

And "no" it's not you Brain! LOL!
Well...who needs ya anyway!!!

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Happy Mothers day Moms -

Here's a bone for the Day.

Greg Ellis is on the trade market. He will likely be traded if takers. FS or a Draft pick. I'd take a 2 or 3 and RUN.....

Like Drew Henson was going to be traded on draft day? Is this speculation again or is your "source" in the NE front office feeding you this?

See, this is the essense of the issues people have with you, Nors. Instead of saying something like "I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved for a FS or a draft pick. Personally I would take a 2 or 3. He might be on the market" you try to make it definitive.

Provide a source, provide us some reasoning, provide an article from a reputable journalist speculating on this, otherwise don't try to pass it off as fact. As far as guessing goes, this isn't that far off, but by stating it as fact, when it isn't, annoys people and actually I believe is against the rules of the board. Its an unfounded rumor.