Nors nugget - QB backup

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I think they both suck, so I don't really care, but I think it would be pretty stupid if he's already made up his mind with so much of camp and preseason left...that doesn't make much sense to me.
He hasn't Wayne. Everyone with half a brain knows that.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
BZ - Are you that simple......LOOK AT QB'S RATINGS TO DATE IN GAMES AND CAMP! Your Henson bubble is to be burst in a week. Romo to be named backup. Heed the smarter Henson posters who are retreating, posturing and see what is on the horizon - looming!

Simple, implied others are smarter, was I just insulted?

You know that's a no-no.

Facts are you said he dropped a bomb, you quoted him saying he was going to pick the back up after game two.

He was talking about the freaking OL, but of course you hear, "Blah, blah, blah before the 3rd game, yada, yada, yada Romo, blah, blah blah efficiency, yada, yada, yada tell the Hensonites to bite me."

And I'm the one burying my head in the sand.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells knows by now - he said decision would be made in the next week timeframe months back. He is slowly leaking his leanings for those that are observing.....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Parcells knows by now - he said decision would be made in the next week timeframe months back. He is slowly leaking his leanings for those that are observing.....
You are truly obsessed.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Simple, implied others are smarter, was I just insulted?

You know that's a no-no.

Facts are you said he dropped a bomb, you quoted him saying he was going to pick the back up after game two.

He was talking about the freaking OL, but of course you hear, "Blah, blah, blah before the 3rd game, yada, yada, yada Romo, blah, blah blah efficiency, yada, yada, yada tell the Hensonites to bite me."

And I'm the one burying my head in the sand.

Are you for real?

No he was clearly talking QB efficiency today. Please bury your head cuz thats where it is. Minute 26 or so in todays PC for those that want to talk facts.

I stated Parcells previous statements on timing of backup decision all stated a month back by Parcells.... Dude - not my fault you can't remember or forget that stuff.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
Are you for real?

No he was clearly talking QB efficiency today. Please bury your head cuz thats where it is. Minute 26 or so in todays PC for those that want to talk facts.

I stated Parcells previous statements on timing of backup decision all stated a month back by Parcells.... Dude - not my fault you can't remember or forget that stuff.

Fact he said weeks ago that he'd know after the 3rd preseason game, but you have him already decided.

You said he hinted at it at the 25 minute, than 26 minute mark, well during that time frame he was talking about getting all 5 of his OL together and letting his starters gel the last two preseason games.

Then someone tried to start a Romo to push Bledsoe question which he killed by talking about how ALL THE QBs are being graded on every throw.

Dude, not my fault you have PC hallucinations.

Bizwah

Reaction score
You know, it's not going to be that big of a surprise if Romo wins it. I think most people trust the HC enough to make a decision on who the best backup (I really can't believe there's all this arguing over the backup) is right now.

I really don't care who wins it......I want someone to WIN it, just like I did with Hutchinson/Carter. What bothers me, is how stupidly people have to draw lines on the issue.

What exactly is a "Hensonite"? Is it someone that's rooting for him to do well? Is it someone that would like to see him fulfill his potential? Or is it just a stupid name given someone that doesn't see things the way Nors does?

I think Romo has the edge right now. He's played better by all accounts in practice, and he did nothing in the game Saturday to hurt himself.

But Henson has more physical talent, more pedigree, and other qualities in a big time QB. If he catches on (and that's another topic of debate), then it will be a matter of time before he takes hold on the QB position and throttles it.

I like Romo......I like his gunslinger mentality.....he seems to make plays. But he also seems more of a Jason Garrett-type. A guy that can come in and win some games, but not a franchise QB.

I like Henson....I like his physical attributes....but he's not close to being a Franchise QB....he's not close to being a solid QB yet. But he has a heckuva lot more upside than Romo. In watching the games Henson's played (and I have all but last year's Texans game on tape), it's obvious he has more talent.

So there's my opinion......Does this make me a "Hensonite"? I guess that depends on Nors and his definition.....I think it makes me a fan that would like to see SOMEONE, ANYONE succeed. If Romo beats out Henson...GREAT!!!! If he becomes the next Brett Favre....GREAT!!!! Saying Henson has more talent is an opinion.....it does not mean I don't like Romo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
You know, it's not going to be that big of a surprise if Romo wins it. I think most people trust the HC enough to make a decision on who the best backup (I really can't believe there's all this arguing over the backup) is right now.

I really don't care who wins it......I want someone to WIN it, just like I did with Hutchinson/Carter. What bothers me, is how stupidly people have to draw lines on the issue.

What exactly is a "Hensonite"? Is it someone that's rooting for him to do well? Is it someone that would like to see him fulfill his potential? Or is it just a stupid name given someone that doesn't see things the way Nors does?

I think Romo has the edge right now. He's played better by all accounts in practice, and he did nothing in the game Saturday to hurt himself.

But Henson has more physical talent, more pedigree, and other qualities in a big time QB. If he catches on (and that's another topic of debate), then it will be a matter of time before he takes hold on the QB position and throttles it.

I like Romo......I like his gunslinger mentality.....he seems to make plays. But he also seems more of a Jason Garrett-type. A guy that can come in and win some games, but not a franchise QB.

I like Henson....I like his physical attributes....but he's not close to being a Franchise QB....he's not close to being a solid QB yet. But he has a heckuva lot more upside than Romo. In watching the games Henson's played (and I have all but last year's Texans game on tape), it's obvious he has more talent.

So there's my opinion......Does this make me a "Hensonite"? I guess that depends on Nors and his definition.....I think it makes me a fan that would like to see SOMEONE, ANYONE succeed. If Romo beats out Henson...GREAT!!!! If he becomes the next Brett Favre....GREAT!!!! Saying Henson has more talent is an opinion.....it does not mean I don't like Romo.
That one. Imagine if some on the other side played off Romo.

:grin:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Fence sitters unite

Romo is winning the backup job and real. Let's start the "it was obvious" threads.....in advance

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Fact he said weeks ago that he'd know after the 3rd preseason game, but you have him already decided.

You said he hinted at it at the 25 minute, than 26 minute mark, well during that time frame he was talking about getting all 5 of his OL together and letting his starters gel the last two preseason games.

Then someone tried to start a Romo to push Bledsoe question which he killed by talking about how ALL THE QBs are being graded on every throw.

Dude, not my fault you have PC hallucinations.

Just to get you up to speed:

Bledsoe is the clear starter.... hello?

Romo is #2 to be - kicking *** so far in camp on efficiency!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nors said:
Fence sitters unite

Romo is winning the backup job and real. Let's start the "it was obvious" threads.....in advance

Fence sitter?

What the heck is that about?

Is this a Presidential Election?

No, this is about the team we all love! This is about wanting to see the best players succeed! It's not about choosing sides on players.

How many 53 man rosters have people traid to put out there? If I put in Eric Bickerstaff over Tyson Thompson, does that make me a "Bickerstaffer"? Or does it mean that I think Tyson Thompson's a no-good, lousy runner? Do I have man-love for Bickerstaff? Am I somehow a racist? Maybe it simply means that I have a different opinion than someone else.

Right now, our best QB is Bledsoe. And, according to all reports, the second QB would be Romo, Henson third. Now, is this set in stone? I don't know.....But I'm man enough to admit that I don't know all that Parcells is thinking.

I do have opinions however....and I understand that opinions are like armpits. Everyone has one, but some stink......some stink worse than others, some people don't even wear deodorant.

Bottom line......Whether it be Romo, Henson, or some FA.....I hope they play "lights out".

I leave you with this analogy......Let's assume that both Jessica Simpson and Brittaney Spears both wanted to sleep with you.....Who do you choose?

No matter how you answer, there will be people that say you're crazy for making the decision you do. Frankly, you probably won't care because........well, that's kinda obvious. Even if you didn't get to make the decision and someone made it for you, you'd still probably have a GREAT TIME.

That's the point most of us have! Who cares who gets the nod? We just want a QB!!!!!! And if the QB winds up being a "WINNER", will it really matter if it's the one you wanted?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I leave you with this analogy......Let's assume that both Jessica Simpson and Brittaney Spears both wanted to sleep with you.....Who do you choose?

Obviously Jessica at this point....

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nors said:
I'd try and get both in the sack....But thats moxie.....

Ok.....that was obviously a bad analogy because it totally took the focus off of football.....

Oh well...... :laugh2:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Nors said:
I'd try and get both in the sack....But thats moxie.....

:lmao::star::bow::laugh2:

And with that, Nors has hijacked his own thread better than any of the mods could have!!!!