Nors Recap from afar

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I love the "I was there" stuff ...

I saw the freakin' game too ... and there are pros and cons of both being there and watching it on TV ... but being there gives you no more credibility than before ... especially since your agenda was clear before you went to the game ...

Give the "I was there" stuff a rest ... we saw the game too ...
You gonna spew this the next time Nors tells us he has seen Bledsoe live 50 times? Or just when it suits your agenda?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Man, he played ok .. but he excuses are running like a white water river ...
Henson led the team in fg range three times. The offense imploded under romo.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors said:
1st preseason game are meaningless on the W/L front

* We gave up only 13 points without Fergy, Spears

* Area of concern - did not protect QB's - all 3 sacked 4 times

* Romo 8-10-71 Rating of 96.2 with 28 yard completion called back. Nice showing at #2.

Henson 6-13-64 Rating of 61.1 - Late 3rd and 4th qtr mop up against 3rd and 4th stringers. Ok showing that he can build on if he plays earlier in a game.

Bledsoe 4-8-27 Rating of 57.8 - 2 SACKS - Appears to be a poor showing

*Penalties 12-91 yards - Nothing is changed.....

We won TOP battle we won 32.59 to 27.01

* No significant injuries
\

Nors is so good he doesn't even need to watch the game to give his recap. :lmao:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:

3rd and 50 is Romo's fault?

None of this is the end-all-tell-all - it's a preseason game, but if you think 6 for 13 for 64 yards is spectacular, and are able to draw an conclusion from that go ahead ...

But Romo was 8 for 10 for 71 yards ... and that's not too shabby ... especially given how the line was playing ...

Henson was nothing other than OK ... which was actually a relief ... that's way better than it could have been ...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tio said:

AGENDA.

But Romo was 8 for 10 for 71 yards ... and that's not too shabby ... especially given how the line was playing ...

Henson was nothing other than OK ... which was actually a relief ... that's way better than it could have been ...

AGENDA.

Why can't we all just be happy both of them did well? I swear it seems some people are so upset that Romo played well that they have to point out every negative and give reasons for his good play, and vice versa with Henson.

BOTH OF THEM PLAYED WELL. BE HAPPY WITH IT AND ****!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You gonna spew this the next time Nors tells us he has seen Bledsoe live 50 times? Or just when it suits your agenda?

No - I've never anything like that ...

And why does it have to be "spew", Hos?

You know there is a lot of truth to that ... sure, I would have like to have been at the game, but you can get a lot of perspective from watching a televised game as well ... as I said, there are pros and cons to both ... don't take that so personal ... I'm just saying just because you were at the game, doesn't make your opinion more credible than those of us who watched it on HDTV. I get a real nice picture. :)

Chill out a little.

I'm not bashing Henson's average performance ... I said he did ok ... I'm trying to be supportive of the guy ... excuse me if 6 -13 for 64 yards and your assesment from the stands doesn't have me sold just yet ... but at least I'm trying to give the guy a shot ...

Nothing personal here, Hos. You're still my boy. Just settle down with the combative words like "spew" ... and what not ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
AGENDA.

AGENDA.

Why can't we all just be happy both of them did well? I swear it seems some people are so upset that Romo played well that they have to point out every negative and give reasons for his good play, and vice versa with Henson.

I said Henson played OK ...

And I'll **** when hell freezes over. :)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Rack said:
AGENDA.

AGENDA.

Well...in the begining I said both played great...but than he came and started it... :wink:

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I was just providing you with some information for your recap as you apparently did not see the game.

Big props on your moxie tho..for starting just a thread what with all the folks who did see it, whether live or in person.

I mean I didn't see it but ... :rolleyes:

* Jefferson Davis is a rascal.

* Gen. Ambrose E. Burnside will be somewhat of a trendsetter.

* Watch out for 1st lieutenant George Custer (he's sure to make a name for himself one of these days).

* I was hoping that the Gettysburg Address would be longer (very disapointed).

* The matchup with The Confederate Ironclad 'Merrimac' and the Union Ironclad 'Monitor' was a draw.

* For you fantasy players, start Gen. William T. Sherman when we play Atlanta.

* The south will not rise again.

Just some notes from hearsay :p:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I mean I didn't see it but ... :rolleyes:

* Jefferson Davis is a rascal.

* Gen. Ambrose E. Burnside will be somewhat of a trendsetter.

* Watch out for 1st lieutenant George Custer (he's sure to make a name for himself one of these days).

* I was hoping that the Gettysburg Address would be longer (very disapointed).

* The matchup with The Confederate Ironclad 'Merrimac' and the Union Ironclad 'Monitor' was a draw.

* For you fantasy players, start Gen. William T. Sherman when we play Atlanta.

* The south will not rise again.

Just some notes from hearsay :p:

:laugh2:

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Hey Nors, did you see the part where it looked like Parcells said 'Good Job' to Henson?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
3rd and 50 is Romo's fault?

None of this is the end-all-tell-all - it's a preseason game, but if you think 6 for 13 for 64 yards is spectacular, and are able to draw an conclusion from that go ahead ...

Yes but once we took out a pro bowl TE against theri 2nd team He complete 3 passes for 21 yards and a 58 QB rating. The ONLY reason he looked good is because Witten was there playing 2nd teamers. Lets see if they leave Witten in for Henson when he comes in 2nd next week

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
LTN:

I said from afar - I noted the stats. Those penalties don't lie..... WAS I WRONG THERE? QB's I'll take a 96 QB ranking all day everyday. Surprised on all the he sucked comments I read on return.....1 WEEK away from announcement.

I was on a weekend vacation shoreline Maine. Had a great time and don't put much into this candidly. Anyone been to a 1st preseason game knows that.

Nors your boy #11 had better start showing some big-time improvement over the next two weeks or your "Special Season" YOU called for will end far, far short of being "special" except for the amount of disappointment it will create.

Bill Parcells doesn't need to estimate the length of the "leash" to use on Bledsoe but the the diameter of the choke collar.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

You know there is a lot of truth to that ... sure, I would have like to have been at the game, but you can get a lot of perspective from watching a televised game as well ... as I said, there are pros and cons to both ... don't take that so personal ... I'm just saying just because you were at the game, doesn't make your opinion more credible than those of us who watched it on HDTV. I get a real nice picture. :)

Chill out a little.

I'm not bashing Henson's average performance ... I said he did ok ... I'm trying to be supportive of the guy ... excuse me if 6 -13 for 64 yards and your assesment from the stands doesn't have me sold just yet ... but at least I'm trying to give the guy a shot ...

Nothing personal here, Hos. You're still my boy. Just settle down with the combative words like "spew" ... and what not ...

AGENDA

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
junk said:

I said it was from afar Junk!

I didn't have a chance to make it there, I was waiting for my great great grand parents to be born.

I got the notes right didn't I? geez :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

Chill out a little.

Ben, let's be honest for a change here man. You've NEVER told him the seeing Bledsoe live thing didn't mean squat. Not once, not ever. Now you're spewing that here. It is pretty damned convenient man.

Have you ever gone to a baseball game? There is a different sound when some pitchers hit the catcher's mitt. That's about as far as I am going to break it down for you.

You want to be impressed with lob passes fine, cool, no problem. Completion percentage rocks.

I went there with no agenda at all. I came away unimpressed. If he can actually put some mustard on the ball at some point I may change my mind. I pray to the football Gods that he never is asked to throw a pass into the flat to either side because it will go backwards for 7 every time he attempts it. There is no zip on his ball.

You want to ignore that be my guest.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
Hey Nors, did you see the part where it looked like Parcells said 'Good Job' to Henson?

That says it all right there. After Henson got sacked on that bootleg he came back and threw a nice pass to get the Boys back in FG range.

To me I think Henson had the best night. He did not have as good as completions as Romo but then again Romo could have never made some of the throws Henson did either. I am sure if Henson had Witten in like Romo did Hensons numbers would be better to.

Thing is this. Romo was doing good in practice and he did do good the game. Henson struggled in practice but he had a good game.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me on this but I think Hensons best play came after that sack when he threw that nice pass to get the Boys back in FG range. The way he came back after that sack showed alot.

Just be glad both Romo and Henson did good. Be worried that Bledsoe looke alot worse then both them.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Ben, let's be honest for a change here man. You've NEVER told him the seeing Bledsoe live thing didn't mean squat. Not once, not ever. Now you're spewing that here. It is pretty damned convenient man.

Have you ever gone to a baseball game? There is a different sound when some pitchers hit the catcher's mitt. That's about as far as I am going to break it down for you.

You want to be impressed with lob passes fine, cool, no problem. Completion percentage rocks.

I went there with no agenda at all. I came away unimpressed. If he can actually put some mustard on the ball at some point I may change my mind. I pray to the football Gods that he never is asked to throw a pass into the flat to either side because it will go backwards for 7 every time he attempts it. There is no zip on his ball.

You want to ignore that be my guest.

I never commented on Nors' being at a game ... but I did get a glimpse of what Winiki has been saying about Bledsoe last night ... and I'm not sure if I like it ...

I watched with an open mind too ... and I saw good things from Henson ... I'm not trying to lie ... but he was just ok ...

And there's a difference between lob and touch ... there wasn't a need to put any zip on any ball that he threw to any player last night ... it's ridiculous to sit here and say you've made an accurate assesment based on Tony Romo's 10 passes from last night - they were short to mid range passes and he completed 8 of them ... touch is a good thing, Hos.

Tony Romo throws a football 57 mph ... and his arm is weak?

Give that a rest ...

I watched without an agenda. I saw the physical ability everyone talks about ... Henson has physical ability ... but he doesn't make his reads fast enough ... and he's still catching up to the mental aspects of the game ...

Romo looked sharp and aware of what was going on ... Henson just looked ok ...

I just think it's funny how you can assure us that we shouldn't worry based off of 6 completions ...