Nors Recap from afar

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
8-10 96 QB rating

6-13 and a 61 QB rating.

Sounds like you guys partied too hard! Or had an agenda :lol:

See Parcells PC today he talked about efficiency at QB.
Parcells also blasted the OLB's perforformance. So much for them flying around and making all the plays as you reported "being there"....Sounds like in pass coverage they screwed up and most that screw up on scoreboard was on the starters.......

:laugh2:

I'm sure they had a good time ...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Rack said:
The very first statement I ever made about it was "The cards still had some starters on the field during Romo's first series" so please, ****.
Rack said:
Romo played good. Period. And Romo was going against the Cards 1st team on his first series. I don't know about you, but if I were a QB and I had a probowl TE to throw to, I'd be looking for him to. You gonna fault the guy for having the common sense to look for his best pass catcher when he drops back to pass?
I counted 2 starters....I may have missed one, but I could only pick out 2 the entire series....

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Nope have a life and had a family vacation.

So because I was away, that didn't happen? I take your word that Romo sucked and Henson was a stud. Get a major ?

Fact is Romo played very good.... And Henson was good.

All my observations on stats spot on....

Hey Nors! All the game is right here in this thread ...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31632

Watch it ... and then tell me Romo's pass in the endzone had 0% to be caught? :laugh2:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
8-10 96 QB rating

6-13 and a 61 QB rating.

Parcells also blasted the OLB's perforformance. So much for them flying around and making all the plays as you reported "being there"....Sounds like in pass coverage they screwed up and most that screw up on scoreboard was on the starters.......

But THEY WERE THERE, ******!

:laugh2:

JDSmith

Reaction score
Nors said:
8-10 96 QB rating

6-13 and a 61 QB rating.

From the press conference:
Parcells said:
Ware?
Still looks like a traffic cop. I was happy with the technique of the front defense, other than the 3rd defense the longest run was 4 yards for the night. I was surprised by some of the rookies that played well on the defensive front for their first time in a game situation. Our main problem, and this is different than a 4-3, is the OLB’s ability to convert from run to pass. Particulary from run to pass rusher. That’s the thing recognition wise that takes the most experience. We did two drills this morning to help them in that area, but that’s one area I wasn’t happy with ... converting from run to pass. Now, on the run they were fine. Its not so much recognition, but to cut down on the lapsed time to determine what you’re going to do. We played stack defense the highest percentage of time on purpose. We didn’t do much out of it, because I just wanted them to play. From that standpoint, honestly, I was happy with what I saw. On offense, that’s a totally different story.

Yeah, he was really laying into them. Geeze was he pissed, I don't think he felt they could have sucked any more... :rolleyes:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
yeah, I gave you credit for that post ... I replied to it ... and liked it ...

I'm talking about the spinning you're doing now, acting as if Henson outplayed everybody, when he did not ...

The broad accusation was in reference to your Henson agenda spinning in other threads ... and your one post giving Romo his due is shadowed by your unrealistic assesments of Henson and his performance ...

Bledsoe does concern me ... I agree on that ...

I see Henson as being a good #3 option though and am no longer concerned about bringing in another guy ...

I'm actually on the Henson development bandwagon ... as long as Romo gets an equal opportunity ... and Henson stays in the wings for a couple of years ... I do want to see him go to Europe though ... that could get him the experience he needs ...

It's just that right now, Romo is ahead of him ... you're not recognizing that because of your agenda for Henson ... I'm not trying to call you out or make it personal. I'm just saying that you're bending, stretching, spinning, twisting, denying things just to suit your agenda. That's where the broad accusaton comes from - only because it's so obvious.

I'm just asking you right now, to look at what is obvious ... last night Romo was #2 ... don't you think there is reason Parcells had him in there at #2?

Could be a coincidence - I admit ...

But the writing on the wall becomes clearer every day ...

Romo is making a separation from Henson ... you're just in denial about it ... and I see you spinning, spinning, spinning even though you did make one post about Romo doing ok ... but you can't be enough of a sport to admit that he did outplay Henson ... and sure he had better weapons etc ... but he outplayed him ...

The excuses just don't ever stop for Henson ... that's what irritates me the most.

So when Henson goes 2nd against Seattle it means he's Parcells choice right?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
So when Henson goes 2nd against Seattle it means he's Parcells choice right?

No - when he announces his line up ... that will mean he's Parcells choice ...

In the press conference ... he says he's going to 'rate their efficiency' in practice, scrimmage and competition situations ... from a chart that he has kept ALL the QB's efficiency on ...

I think since it was the FIRST game of the year that it does mean that thus far he views Romo to be more efficient ...

Just listen to the PC ...

Nors is right - he does drop a nugget ...

If the reports from practice about him not being as efficient as Romo, coupled with the fact that he was not as efficient in the last preseason game, are true ... then it's not looking good for your boy ...

;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Nors is right - he does drop a nugget ...

There have certainly been a few nuggets dropped around here lately....

blindzebra

Reaction score
Every time Nors touches his keyboard he drops a nugget of something.:D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Avoid the facts BZ - thats what you do.

Ostriches should not be allowed to procreate but thats just my personal opinion....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Henson as #3, deal with that - You are running into the buzzsaw yet again..... You don't learn!!!!!!!!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Actually, Nors, since you keep bringing up the two QBs ratings in that game, I'd say your your "Analysis" was far from "Spot on". Henson clearly played better then his rating. But you'd have to actually watch the game to know/see that.

Also, if not for Peterman's holding call Romo would of gone 9 of 10 for 93 yards, so take that for what it's worth. But if we're talking about "Ifs" then IF that Cards defender didn't drop the ball then Romo would of had an int added to his statline.

Moral of the story: Don't give an analysis of a game you haven't watched.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors said:
Henson as #3, deal with that - You are running into the buzzsaw yet again..... You don't learn!!!!!!!!!!!

That post is crap, Nors. And you wonder why posters sometimes "Bash" you? They bash you cuz you're an arsehole.