Nors Recap from afar

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
No I don't think your a troll just an obvious to everyone agenda

I was talking about you ... I'm trying to have a fair discussion on how the 2 back ups played last night ... I just don't get how some can draw their conclusion based on the fact that Romo clearly performed better than Henson ... and I never said Henson played bad either ...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I never commented on Nors' being at a game ... but I did get a glimpse of what Winiki has been saying about Bledsoe last night ... and I'm not sure if I like it ...

I watched with an open mind too ... and I saw good things from Henson ... I'm not trying to lie ... but he was just ok ...

And there's a difference between lob and touch ... there wasn't a need to put any zip on any ball that he threw to any player last night ... it's ridiculous to sit here and say you've made an accurate assesment based on Tony Romo's 10 passes from last night - they were short to mid range passes and he completed 8 of them ... touch is a good thing, Hos.

Tony Romo throws a football 57 mph ... and his arm is weak?

Give that a rest ...

I watched without an agenda. I saw the physical ability everyone talks about ... Henson has physical ability ... but he doesn't make his reads fast enough ... and he's still catching up to the mental aspects of the game ...

Romo looked sharp and aware of what was going on ... Henson just looked ok ...

I just think it's funny how you can assure us that we shouldn't worry based off of 6 completions ...
I couldn't disagree with this more.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I was talking about you ... I'm trying to have a fair discussion on how the 2 back ups played last night ... I just don't get how some can draw their conclusion based on the fact that Romo clearly performed better than Henson ... and I never said Henson played bad either ...

Maybe because most of us can look objectivley at the situation. Please do not tell us you are objective when we all know where you stand.

Henson had the better night. Showed a better array of throws Led the team down the field for would be scoring drives 3 times. Romo on the other hand threw to a pro bowl TE against the Cards 2nd string, not much of any indicator of talent.

Without witten he had a 58 QB rating

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Nors, I hope you got to see it..it was telecast up here on dt 213

I was absolutely shocked that I got the game on ESPNa (alternate). I was so happy and so disappointed. Good thing it's week one of preseason. Our O lines was horrible, the Cardinals passing game made us look like Goodrich and that other boy was in the secondary. I hope we're on TV next week because I can't go into the regular season with this picture of the Boys in my mind. :nervous:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5, you say the same thing in every post, "Witten mad eRomo looked good". Romo threw FOUR times after Witten left and completed 3 of them. He didnt throw much after Witten left.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Tony Romo throws a football 57 mph ... and his arm is weak?

If Romo is throwing a football 57 mph then Henson must seriously be breaking triple digits on his throws.

Give that a rest ...

I watched without an agenda. I saw the physical ability everyone talks about ... Henson has physical ability ... but he doesn't make his reads fast enough ... and he's still catching up to the mental aspects of the game ...

Henson sure made his reads and throws faster then Bledsoe. Also IMO if Henson had Witten in like Romo did the I think that woulda helped Henson make reads even faster yet.

Romo looked sharp and aware of what was going on ... Henson just looked ok ...

Romo also still had some 1st teamers in when he played. Henson did not.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nors said:
1st preseason game are meaningless on the W/L front

* We gave up only 13 points without Fergy, Spears

* Area of concern - did not protect QB's - all 3 sacked 4 times

* Romo 8-10-71 Rating of 96.2 with 28 yard completion called back. Nice showing at #2.

Henson 6-13-64 Rating of 61.1 - Late 3rd and 4th qtr mop up against 3rd and 4th stringers. Ok showing that he can build on if he plays earlier in a game.

Bledsoe 4-8-27 Rating of 57.8 - 2 SACKS - Appears to be a poor showing

*Penalties 12-91 yards - Nothing is changed.....

We won TOP battle we won 32.59 to 27.01

* No significant injuries
Well Nors that was the same game I watched as well. Some of these people must have been tuned into a different game where the teams had similar uniforms. The Rogers injury could be considered significant because it may keep him out of action long enough for Pettiti to beat him out of the starting job.

For all the spinning that and excuses that people like to make Romo had a better game than Henson. That being said, I don't think it means that he will ultimately be the better QB. But for now he is ahead of Henson and will likely stay that way this year. Next year in TC I think we will see a better more prepared Henson and the Competition will be a lot closer.

You will hear some people making the excuse that Romo had Witten in the game...and he did. But Romo found Witten and got the ball to him which is what he is supposed to do. I did not see the deep pass to Crayton as being late; I watched Romo in the pocket and he threw it as he had the opportunity after stepping up in the pocket because there was a pass rush going behind him and his pocket presence (that would be a good thing) caused him to step up before the throw. The throw needed to be a little farther outside and it would have been a TD because Rolle had to make a very athletic move to get to the ball as it was. A very good defensive play does not make it a bad throw.

You will also hear that Romo has no arm strength but other than that one deep pass he only had one other incomplete pass so I don't know where this lack of arm strength business comes from. In truth Romo has a very strong arm; he just didn't throw any of those passes last night. He did show better touch and better pocket presence than either of the other two QB.

Henson did ok and he might have done better had he had Witten in the game but he had some throwaways that I thought he let go too early and could have held on till a receiver came open. Yes it was good that he didn't take the sack in those cases but then he wasn't in any immediate danger of being sacked when he threw it either. He made good decisions but did not show real good pocket presence IMO. Still I am happy enough with what I saw from him and I do believe that he will get better.

These players performances were what they were and the numbers reflect it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sportsbabe said:
I hope we're on TV next week because I can't go into the regular season with this picture of the Boys in my mind. :nervous:
Monday Night Football baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Henson did ok and he might have done better had he had Witten in the game

MIGHT??? I think the right word would be WOULD. For some strange reason I have a feeling that having one of the best TEs in the NFL in the game would have done just a little something more to help Henson out.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

I agree. It's sad we have both QBs do good, yet we have people on both sides of the Henson/Romo debate finding reasons to trash the other guy. If you really are a Cowboys fan you should be happy both played well and shouldn't be looking for reasons to trash a player that played well just because he's not your "Boy".

I can care less who ends up being the better QB, as long as one of them (at least) ends up being a good QB (at least).

JDSmith

Reaction score
How on earth can anyone in their right mind start a thread and draw conclusions about a game they didn't see? Especially when almost everyone else participating DID see the game... You look at stats from a preseason game and feel confident drawing conclussions? Talk about delusions.

Romo lit it up throwing for 4 yards per attempt when he wasn't throwing to Witten vs some scrub.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
How on earth can anyone in their right mind start a thread and draw conclusions about a game they didn't see? Especially when almost everyone else participating DID see the game... You look at stats from a preseason game and feel confident drawing conclussions? Talk about delusions.

Romo lit it up throwing for 4 yards per attempt when he wasn't throwing to Witten vs some scrub.

More agenda.

Romo played good. Period. And Romo was going against the Cards 1st team on his first series. I don't know about you, but if I were a QB and I had a probowl TE to throw to, I'd be looking for him to. You gonna fault the guy for having the common sense to look for his best pass catcher when he drops back to pass?

Romo played good.

Henson played good.

What on earth is there to argue about unless you have some sort of agenda?

JDSmith

Reaction score
Well let's see... Nors starts a thread acting like Romo lit it up and Henson sucked. He didn't even watch the game. Now anyone who rebutts his ridiculous claim is accused of having an agenda. I don't know what Nors is paying you Rack, but it's not enough. Having an opinion on one or the other QB is not the same as having an agenda. IMO Henson did at least as well as Romo did, and probably would have put up similar numbers if Parcells had left our all pro TE in the game for his drives. I guess I have a 'Jason Witten is an incredible mismatch for a backup' agenda.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Well let's see... Nors starts a thread acting like Romo lit it up and Henson sucked.

Yes, but Nors is a . We both know that. Just ignore him. Both of them played good, IMO.

Speaking of, I'm gonna go watch the replay now.

And the thing about Romo getting to throw to Witten, first of all Romo faced a first team defense on his first series, so who cares? Second of all, Campbell started the game, so Witten had to get some playing time, right? Third of all, if you were the QB and you had Witten, wouldn't YOU throw to him too? Please, JD, tell me you aren't in Henson's corner. Just be in teh Cowboys corner. Who really cares who ends up being the "Future" Just as long as at least ONE of them turns into a good QB? Why can't people f'in see that?

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'm not in anybody's corner. I think Romo has less physical talent than Henson, but obviously has more game experience and know how. I couldn't care less who wins the backup job, although I'm concerned about Bledsoe's slow start and the backup might become more important if Bledsoe doesn't improve. But no matter who wins the job I'm going to feel the same way and root for the team, same as I always have.

I just think it's comical that Nors makes threads and draws conclusions about a game when he only looked at the stat sheet. And while Witten wasn't the ONLY factor, having a mismatch like that is a factor in a guy's stats. Romo was smart to take advantage of it while Witten was in there.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Rack said:
Yes, but Nors is a . We both know that. Just ignore him. Both of them played good, IMO.

And the thing about Romo getting to throw to Witten, first of all Romo faced a first team defense on his first series, so who cares? Second of all, Campbell started the game, so Witten had to get some playing time, right? Third of all, if you were the QB and you had Witten, wouldn't YOU throw to him too? Please, JD, tell me you aren't in Henson's corner. Just be in teh Cowboys corner. Who really cares who ends up being the "Future" Just as long as at least ONE of them turns into a good QB? Why can't people f'in see that?
Romo was playing against 2nd teamers for the most part. It looked as though there were 1 or 2 starters on the field when Romo was in there. If you're watching the tape, watch closely. Most of the same guys that were on the field during Romo's 1st possession were on the field during Henson's possessions as well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Romo did have the best QB performance. Bledsoe was the worst. Wasn't Witten in there for Bledsoe too? If Witten doesn't get pulled mid-drive we score a TD there and we win the game plainly.

Nothing Nors stated was untrue. It wasn't even stated strongly.

Some of you guys would swear the sky was green if Nors said it was blue.

Henson has more potential and is clearly more gifted athletically but Romo is clearly performing better currently. I love all the folks who claim to know just how Romo would falter when playing 1st teamers while ignoring that Henson has been stinking versus any teamers at this time. I was quite pleasantly suprised by Henson after hearing really bad reviews from practice. He did have a few awful throws. Things that quacked, but he also had a couple of absolutely amazing passes. He just needs time to play and get his head around the game.

It rings quite loudly when one states another has an agenda then argues against basic facts.

BTW, having been to games in person, and watching them on tv, the tv gives you a better perspective most of the time. Unless of course you have been gifted with a great vantage point and eagle eyes you are not going to match the ability of all of those cameras to zoom in.

Al Singleton is small and was flat ran over a few times. That said, I think he is a better player than Bradie James who to me looks extremely stiff and doesnt get to the plays Singleton does. Burnett to me looks like our best LB. He is strong, aggressive and can move well. It is not a good sign for Singleton that he is competing with Burnett but this LB corps is not impressing and Singletom may be the most mistake-free guy we have so he should stick which I thought unlikely a month ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Romo did have the best QB performance. Bledsoe was the worst. Wasn't Witten in there for Bledsoe too? If Witten doesn't get pulled mid-drive we score a TD there and we win the game plainly.

Nothing Nors stated was untrue. It wasn't even stated strongly.

Some of you guys would swear the sky was green if Nors said it was blue.

Henson has more potential and is clearly more gifted athletically but Romo is clearly performing better currently. I love all the folks who claim to know just how Romo would falter when playing 1st teamers while ignoring that Henson has been stinking versus any teamers at this time. I was quite pleasantly suprised by Henson after hearing really bad reviews from practice. He did have a few awful throws. Things that quacked, but he also had a couple of absolutely amazing passes. He just needs time to play and get his head around the game.

It rings quite loudly when one states another has an agenda then argues against basic facts.

BTW, having been to games in person, and watching them on tv, the tv gives you a better perspective most of the time. Unless of course you have been gifted with a great vantage point and eagle eyes you are not going to match the ability of all of those cameras to zoom in.

Al Singleton is small and was flat ran over a few times. That said, I think he is a better player than Bradie James who to me looks extremely stiff and doesnt get to the plays Singleton does. Burnett to me looks like our best LB. He is strong, aggressive and can move well. It is not a good sign for Singleton that he is competing with Burnett but this LB corps is not impressing and Singletom may be the most mistake-free guy we have so he should stick which I thought unlikely a month ago.
I wish the picture I took of Singleton had come out. He is not small by any wild stretch of the imagination.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Rack said:

Would you stop it with the first team defense being in there, it's not true.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I wish the picture I took of Singleton had come out. He is not small by any wild stretch of the imagination.

I got this one.

Ware is engaged at left with Singleton watching, so if Ware is 250 just how small is Al?

http://i6.***BLOCKED***/albums/y245/blindzebra/DSC03336.jpg