North vs South Senior Bowl Game Thread

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Sorry, after hearing how dominating he was in practice, the guy is getting abused by any DT lined up against him. Mayock said, he holds too much, based on what he saw in film.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
In and out. Looking to see what the fuss with Iupati. Big man, isn't moving his feet, holds on almost every play. Cost the north a TD.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
But... But... We'd already decided that we couldn't get him, and were doomed without him...

;)

He does look kind of plodding out there.

Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260915 said:
In and out. Looking to see what the fuss with Iupati. Big man, isn't moving his feet, holds on almost every play. Cost the north a TD.

Yup he could have been called for holding on almost every play.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3260913 said:
Sorry, after hearing how dominating he was in practice, the guy is getting abused by any DT lined up against him. Mayock said, he holds too much, based on what he saw in film.

He's not getting abused, but his first option is to grab the DL. Not impressive so far.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260915 said:

I told you he'd slide to us. ;)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260918 said:
He's not getting abused, but his first option is to grab the DL. Not impressive so far.

Well in my opinion its getting abused. I.e. when you have to grab and hold on almost every play, then you are getting outplayed, which means he pretty much getting abused. No way that guy can play LT in NFL, anytime soon. Maybe in 2-3 years on Bench, maybe he will.

Even as Guard, it might be couple of years before he is NFL ready, with the way he has played so far. Its one thing to play well in Practice, but seems like game speed is totally different. Then add in NFL game speed, I don't see how this guy can be ready year one. Maybe year two, he might develop enough. So I don't see how this guy is top 15 talent yet. I guess as game goes on he might show why he is highly regarded.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
bbgun;3260921 said:
I told you he'd slide to us. ;)

That better be a slide to the 4th or 5th. He needs alot of work. Looks like someone who always depended on his size to swallow DL.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BTW, Tebow looks awful. I don't even know who the backup South QB is, but he'll look better.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3260924 said:
Well in my opinion its getting abused. I.e. when you have to grab and hold on almost every play, then you are getting outplayed, which means he pretty much getting abused. No way that guy can play LT in NFL, anytime soon. Maybe in 2-3 years on Bench, maybe he will.

Even as Guard, it might be couple of years before he is NFL ready, with the way he has played so far. Its one thing to play well in Practice, but seems like game speed is totally different. Then add in NFL game speed, I don't see how this guy can be ready year one. Maybe year two, he might develop enough. So I don't see how this guy is top 15 talent yet. I guess as game goes on he might show why he is highly regarded.

To me, abused means the DL is up, over and through him. None of that is happening. His first reaction to every snap is is grab and hold on. No one has beaten him.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I like Tebow, but I have a better release than he does.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260915 said:

Like I said the other day, he plays way too tall. He doesn't bend his knees and get any leverage, and it hurts his footwork because his base is too narrow. Dan Williams is built low enough to work under Iupati's pads on almost every play, and all Iupati can do is grab him and hold.

The team that drafts him had better hope it's just because he hasn't learned and developed proper technique yet, and not because he just can't bend his knees and play with leverage.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
M'Kevon;3260930 said:
To me, abused means the DL is up, over and through him. None of that is happening. His first reaction to every snap is is grab and hold on. No one has beaten him.

HUh? Yeah, he was beaten. Mostly by inside moves. That Georgia guy, just plain easily beat him inside moves, probably basic of moves at DT. That guy was much smaller or looked smaller than Iuapati. Anyway, whatever your definition is, It don't matter, he is getting schooled so far. I don't consider Bull Rushed the only way to get abused.

Bluestang

Reaction score
LOL at the hype of Iupati he looks awful. He can't even challenge for a guard spot on our o-line. After one series he's already off my #1 pick list.

Bluestang

Reaction score
that Daryl Washington looks good. made a nice stop on the Tebow.